What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive Eel News!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eelavation said:
nup! he's appaerently off contract and in hot demand. ;-)

yeah, by us

I'm pretty sure we know his worth, especially considering the fact that Finchy will expire end of next year

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Do you know if the club is in negotiations to try and extend both Inu & Haynes contract past 2008? I

NFI! but surprised if they weren't scheduling meetings with their manager.

Utey

Coach
Whose extra excited that we are resigning kids who can actually play! Gotta be a first for many years when such quality is coming through the ranks. I believe the last time this happened was the 80's...

The Colonel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
Whose extra excited that we are resigning kids who can actually play! Gotta be a first for many years when such quality is coming through the ranks. I believe the last time this happened was the 80's...

A couple of older blokes might remember the days when we signed players like Nathan Hindmarsh, Nathan Cayless, PJ Marsh and a few others in 2000 and 2001 and let go a few rough heads like Dymock, Pay and Smith as similar to what is happening now.....

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
NFI! but surprised if they weren't scheduling meetings with their manager.

Sign Inu and Hayne long term and we have the nucleus for a great side.

I can feel a premiership is not far away :D

Dont dismiss the chance of Green just yet, remember we are trying to offload PJ and the money freed up there will definately cover Green's Cost, maybe this is the reason Parra only gave PJ 3 weeks to negotiate, as they dont want to lose both players.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
parraitdoesmatta said:
Dont dismiss the chance of Green just yet, remember we are trying to offload PJ and the money freed up there will definately cover Green's Cost, maybe this is the reason Parra only gave PJ 3 weeks to negotiate, as they dont want to lose both players.

Hopefully we can keep them both :D

Although if I was given a preference, I would keep Marsh before Green.

Stagger eel

Staff member
parraitdoesmatta said:

My info tells me that Green is as good as gone...but funnier things have happened.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
My info tells me that Green is as good as gone...but funnier things have happened.

In that case we should make PJ a priority.

When Finch is out injured and with no Blake in the squad, who will fill the void?

Maybe the club is considering Keating a future FG 5/8.

which club is poaching Blake, Is it Manly?

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
In that case we should make PJ a priority.

When Finch is out injured and with no Blake in the squad, who will fill the void?

Maybe the club is considering Keating a future FG 5/8.

which club is poaching Blake, Is it Manly?

Mate, I can tell after the last batch of signings, there ain't that much left in the kitty don't be surprised if PJ goes to Canterbury [as hinted by Jodeci] and Blake may well head to the Tigers.

Hopefully both Keating boys can fill the void left by the 2 above.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Blake seems to really want a shot at being a liftime Eel. hopefully someone will get into Blake's ear to stick with us and bide his time until Finch's contract runs out at the end of next year, or look at targetting an interchange hooker/half role.

If Blake is not with us next year and Finch is unavailable for a match for whatever reason, I'd expect Mateo to fill in at #6 as Kris probably wouldn't quite be ready yet.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
Mate, I can tell after the last batch of signings, there ain't that much left in the kitty don't be surprised if PJ goes to Canterbury [as hinted by Jodeci] and Blake may well head to the Tigers.

Hopefully both Keating boys can fill the void left by the 2 above.

Yeah, I also hinted PJ would make the move to the dogs a few weeks back (only what I heard through the grapevine)

Kris is an exciting prospect though, and hopefully Maloney will develop into something reasonable. Finally we have a well balanced playing roster and our retention policy considering salary cap restrictions is coming close to A1. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Yeah, I also hinted PJ would make the move to the dogs a few weeks back (only what I heard through the grapevine)

Kris is an exciting prospect though, and hopefully Maloney will develop into something reasonable. Finally we have a well balanced playing roster and our retention policy considering salary cap restrictions is coming close to A1. ;-)

underneath that surface will also have Trent Hodkinson, Cam Speechley and Daniel Mortimer who definitely look like real prospects.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
i still think we have some money left, with all the player who left last year and now tahu leaving there still has to be more money left surely

Latest posts