What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive Eel News!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
hindmarsh4pm said:
i still think we have some money left, with all the player who left last year and now tahu leaving there still has to be more money left surely

not much...don't delude yourself in thinking that there's a pot of gold under there.

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't make any external signings of note.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
eelavation said:
not much...don't delude yourself in thinking that there's a pot of gold under there.

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't make any external signings of note.

im not thinking there is a heap of money left, i think there would be enough however to keep green, wouldn't u thinkso? im guessing the kid is not asking to much though, but who knows how much timmy and feleti were signed up for id say they would be on some big $$$ and wagon as well

Stagger eel

Staff member
hindmarsh4pm said:
im not thinking there is a heap of money left, i think there would be enough however to keep green, wouldn't u thinkso? im guessing the kid is not asking to much though, but who knows how much timmy and feleti were signed up for id say they would be on some big $$$ and wagon as well

the kid would be asking as much as player market allowed him to...we don't know what sort of offer there is out there for him, therefore we may not be able to keep due to the fact that there's a club willing to pay him more.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
eelavation said:
the kid would be asking as much as player market allowed him to...we don't know what sort of offer there is out there for him, therefore we may not be able to keep due to the fact that there's a club willing to pay him more.
manly perhaps lol

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eloquentEEL said:
Blake seems to really want a shot at being a liftime Eel. hopefully someone will get into Blake's ear to stick with us and bide his time until Finch's contract runs out

But by then he will be fighting with Kris Keating. Parramatta shouldn't have signed Finch we should have taken a gamble on Green. Now I feel it is too late unless Finch wants to transfer the England.

caylo

Bench
eelavation said:
I think Blake will be a Tiger. just heard in the grapevine.

i do tend to agree. Blake said a big reason that he didn't go to Melbourne was he thought he was still to young to be movig away from home. I think he will look for somthing close, Manly is a far tip away from western sydney, and Penrith may be another option for him (although that isn't that close either). Tigers are a team that could use blake, to be honest benji would be more effective with a player like blakey there.

Hellsy

Immortal
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if it has been mentioned already, but what about Ben Smith? Is his contract up this year? or next year?

Sad news if Blake goes

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if it has been mentioned already, but what about Ben Smith? Is his contract up this year? or next year?

Sad news if Blake goes

Ben's with us till the end of 08...and even then I would find it difficult to imagine him in another jersey.

Hellsy

Immortal
So.... out of curiosity... shouldnt we have received an email from the club with this exciting news????

Or is that asking too much once again??

cardinal

Juniors
Even if we lose Blake and a couple of others I would like to give a big thankyou to manly for signing Lyon. Can you imagine the money we would of spent on him, we could of easily battled to make signings like Mateo and Tim with the money outlayed on Lyon coming back, and he has not really set the world on fire. Well done Fitzy and zappa, if we can lock up Kris K, INU and Hayne long term as well, the management has done a great job. Also Albert Kelly would be nice.

Latest posts