What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mat Rogers to the Titans

Surely

Post Whore
He can see the writing on the wall in union, bench player at best, latham is ahead of him for FB, Larkham Fly half, Giteau, mortlock in the centres, and we no how he hates wing, thats why he left the nrl.

He is now rated as a benchie or injury replacement when he is not injured.

The amount of injuries his had in RA RA lately is enormous, and the fact the hardest thing he has to do is kick a ball is crackup.

I mean how long will he last once he starts doing dummy half runs, and tackles again?

Wait to go Titans, good way to humilate yourself before a whistles even been blown.

Matt23

Staff member
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
If Union have any balls he won't be on the plane for the RWC.
...he'll be there, we all know how much player depth yawnion has, dont we? ;-)

Matt23 said:
...he'll be there, we all know how much player depth yawnion has, dont we? ;-)

According to Surely, that shouldn't be a problem. He's behind 20 odd Wallabies apparently. And we can probably add Cross and sh*tcofske to the list in front of him.

He'll go.

Thomas

First Grade
Kick in the teeth for union?

The guys is a good player, but is constantly injured. He hasn't been able to get a run on in the wallabies this year and has been playing on the wing.....and we all know he hates the wing.

Good luck to the bloke. He's a good signing....although his age and frailty are an issue. Lets not forget the bloke has played Origin, played for the Kangaroos and won a RL World Cup.

It'll be interesting to see how his body holds up....

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dread said:
I might cry.

Titans, you rock. If I wasn't such a self-hating fool, supporting the Sharks, I'd jump ship straight away. Sadly, I'm a complete masochist with a taste for self punishment. I hope Matty Rogers goes good for yas.

f**king emo!
:p

good signing for the titans

Stagger eel

Staff member
Good luck to him, but I don't think he'll make a huge impact..in fact it'll be a massive shock for him playing in a faster competion against younger and superior athletes.

Thomas

First Grade
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
If Union have any balls he won't be on the plane for the RWC.

Why? He's served RU well.

I see no need in being spiteful.

Although the QRL did dump Berrick Barnes from a rep side when he announced he was switching codes 18 a year ago....

B-dos

Referee
Does anyone know the full roster for the titans now?

They have some very solid players in their ranks. Im struggling to see how they can fit them all in under the cap (yes i know rogers doesnt start till 2008). Good on em i say but damn they have signed plenty of stars and questions have to be asked.

Disco

Bench
I honestly think they would have quite a bit of room to move under the cap

I reckon they would have kept 500k or so back for there second year

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
f**k Rogers, let him rot.

He took the money, he bagged the code none stop and now he wants to return?

f**k him.

Better off spending all that money on juniors.:x

Willow

Assistant Moderator
B-dos said:
Does anyone know the full roster for the titans now?

They have some very solid players in their ranks. Im struggling to see how they can fit them all in under the cap (yes i know rogers doesnt start till 2008). Good on em i say but damn they have signed plenty of stars and questions have to be asked.
For a start, you answered yourself in part in that the Rogers signing is not until 2008. As for questions being asked, by who? The NRL already have audits and the Titans run an open book.

If by saying 'questions have to be asked' you mean fans making speculative claims on internet forums, well that's just unsubstantiated rumour.

To answer your first question...
Gold Coast Titans Squad (as of 11/9/2006):
Forwards:
Daniel Conn (Bulldogs) James Stosic (Sharks), Mark Minichiello (Souths), Clint Amos (Cowboys), Michael Henderson (Dragons), Michael Hodgson (Raiders), Kris Kahler (Raiders), Frank Puletua (Panthers), Luke Bailey (Dragons), Anthony Laffranchi (Tigers), Luke Swain (Panthers), Brad Meyers (Bradford), Nathan Friend (Storm), Luke O'Dwyer (Eels)

Backs:
Matt Hilder (Sharks), Lelea Paea (Roosters), Brett Delaney (Eels), Jake Webster (Melbourne Storm), Gavin Cooper (Cowboys), Steve Turner (Melbourne Storm), Preston Campbell (Panthers), Brian Carney (Newcastle), Matt Petersen (Eels), Scott Prince (Tigers), Richie Mathers (Rhinos), Josh Graham (Western Force)

Steelers4eva

Juniors
Hopefully the NRL will send out a very clear message to these guys and refuse to register his contract, that should also apply to Lote, Wendell and any one else who thought the grass was greener. I suggested this when Gaz was contemplating the switch as well. It would make a handy bargaining tool against those players who decide to use union as leverage when negotiating with their NRL clubs. The clubs could then say "here's the best we can do, if you want to go to union just remember you can't came back".

League survived the departure of these clowns and we can certainly do without them coming back. Just remember the money these guys take out of a salary cap could be used to keep 3 or 4 up and comers in the game and away from union, rather than fund a pension fund for traitors.

yobbo84

Coach
Kurtley Beale is a myth. He wasn't even a standout in Souths juniors. Their "best flyhalf in history" Stephen Larkham is a joke too. He wouldn't cut it for Souths.

Thomas said:
Why? He's served RU well.

I see no need in being spiteful.

Although the QRL did dump Berrick Barnes from a rep side when he announced he was switching codes 18 a year ago....

League and Union are still competing codes, even though the gap has widened considerably in the past couple of seasons.

I have little or no truck with high-profile turncoats, as you may have guessed and would be far happier if Rogers was resigned to finishing his career with Union rather than League. If I were the ARU Rogers would be playing for Randwick and Randwick only next year.

That is, if Randwick still exist....

B-dos

Referee
Willow said:
For a start, you answered yourself in part in that the Rogers signing is not until 2008.

yes i was aware of that. thanks.

As for questions being asked, by who? The NRL already have audits and the Titans run an open book.

asked by me.

If by saying 'questions have to be asked' you mean fans making speculative claims on internet forums, well that's just unsubstantiated rumour.

geez, settle down son. this isnt a court of law. I was having a lighthearted comment thats all.

To answer your first question...
Gold Coast Titans Squad (as of 11/9/2006):
Forwards:
Daniel Conn (Bulldogs) James Stosic (Sharks), Mark Minichiello (Souths), Clint Amos (Cowboys), Michael Henderson (Dragons), Michael Hodgson (Raiders), Kris Kahler (Raiders), Frank Puletua (Panthers), Luke Bailey (Dragons), Anthony Laffranchi (Tigers), Luke Swain (Panthers), Brad Meyers (Bradford), Nathan Friend (Storm), Luke O'Dwyer (Eels)

Backs:
Matt Hilder (Sharks), Lelea Paea (Roosters), Brett Delaney (Eels), Jake Webster (Melbourne Storm), Gavin Cooper (Cowboys), Steve Turner (Melbourne Storm), Preston Campbell (Panthers), Brian Carney (Newcastle), Matt Petersen (Eels), Scott Prince (Tigers), Richie Mathers (Rhinos), Josh Graham (Western Force)

Cheers. Well they certainly have recruited well. I think they have done very well assemble that team and keep the budget in tact. They obviously have a good recruitment team.

Thanks for that willow but take a chill pill mate.

ParraEelsNRL said:
f**k Rogers, let him rot.

He took the money, he bagged the code none stop and now he wants to return?

f**k him.

Better off spending all that money on juniors.:x

Spot on. I would be spitting chips if the Tigers signed the Dog.