What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matai disrespecting the Aussie National anthem

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Every country has good and bad fans, nothing new there.

Matai was playing up to the camera at his mate's expense. I don't think it was an intentional disrespect thing. A little thoughtless perhaps, but no doubt he had other things on his mind.

Lol but if you mouth off to an Aussie pretending to be sheep poker during their poofy mardi gras dance the dolly humpers go ape shit

mattyg

Bench
dog act by matai, but not unexpected at all. Have some respect you filthy merkin, you live in this country and have one of the most dream jobs one can ask for. Good to see him get layed out a couple of times tonight, and even better when he got cut up...too bad he got to celebrate the teams win. Matai typifies everything i hate about manly...an absolute grub of the highest order

nomis88

Juniors
dog act by matai, but not unexpected at all. Have some respect you filthy merkin, you live in this country and have one of the most dream jobs one can ask for. Good to see him get layed out a couple of times tonight, and even better when he got cut up...too bad he got to celebrate the teams win. Matai typifies everything i hate about manly...an absolute grub of the highest order
I am so glad that you are as happy as I am that Matai has won his second premiership and that he is a champion player. By the way its a lot easier to make the Grand Final and possibly win:lol: if your team makes the final eight but you wouldn't know about that.

Loudstrat

Coach
Has anyone stopped to think that Matai's actions had nothing to do with the anthem, and more to do with the oldest pic-prank in the world?

I find it more offensive when, during a minutes silence on Anzac Day, all one hears is "Bool-dogs, Bool-dogs" like we did a few years back.

I actually think it's more disrespectful NOT to sing your national anthem when it is played. There were a few of them, wasnt there.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Matai's great. Seems to be having fun when he plays and is a real team man - plays with a lot of emotion and is very supportive of his teammates. Gets a bit loose on the field, sure, but seems like a nice bloke off it.

Although, I do think he needs to be taxed a portion of his salary to subsidise the extra bandwidth required by this site to service the many discussions he instigates with his on-field hanky-panky.

Last edited:

woodyk2

First Grade
I hope all those that jumped on the Warriors bandwagon remained seated during the aussie anthem...pathetic merkins of the highest order.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I hope all those that jumped on the Warriors bandwagon remained seated during the aussie anthem...pathetic merkins of the highest order.
manly isn't australia

the warriors aren't new zealand.

we're aware of that, right?

Frailty

First Grade
Some people need to lighten up...

Matai is a cat and wanker - but complaining about this is completely idiotic.

duck_dodgers

Juniors
the bunny ears has been completely misunderstood

he was having a lol @ soufs moment

and cudos to him for doing it .

Loudstrat

Coach
Dog act. It's up there with Aussies going for a Kiwi side.

cutie?

You went for kiwis last night by cheering on Matai and Gulavau spastic.

The only think remotely relevent about nationalities last night was my boner for the chick who sand the Kiwi national anthem.