What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matai disrespecting the Aussie National anthem

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This thread needs more crybabys ...
Like none of you have ever played up when you had to sing the national anthem at school

I didn't realise that Steve Matai is the world's oldest/biggest schoolboy and that ANZ stadium in front of millions of people was a classroom.

Chook Norris

First Grade
im not gonna go on about it, but it was quite disrespectful what he did.. especially when he did it knowing millions upon millions had their eyes upon him

I wish people would be as passionate when it comes to mid season contract signings with other clubs and sub standard refs and horrible tv deals.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The guys a tool, we hardly needed his latest antics to confirm it! The tragedy is that he was even on the field!

M2D2

Bench
God, Queen, Country
Fictional Person? Figurehead? False pride in your place of birth.
Get f**ked.
Morality has nothing to do with those three things.
f**king geniuss.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Well with respect, you must be much younger than me. When I was a kid, pride for country used to be something that was held quietly. We didn't need to stand during anthems, we didn't hold songs or flags above people. We just simply knew we lived in a great country and respected another person's right to do their own thing.

Nowadays, some people are ready to go the biff if you choose not to follow the mob. What hope for the kids... indeed.

So a disrespectful merkin screwing around while the rest are listening/singing the national anthem should be just smiled at and ignored while we let him "do his own thing"?

That's bullshit.

Maybe next time the Kiwis do the haka one of the Aus players should start pulling faces.........maybe even do the ole "pull my finger routine"

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Go for it. I've always said that during the haka the other team should be allowed to do whatever they want.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Let's bring back conscription. I say if you're old enough to vote, you're old enough to fight. Plus it would sort out the dole bludgers.

f**king dragons fans. :lol:

1160-wut.png

innsaneink

Referee
Go for it. I've always said that during the haka the other team should be allowed to do whatever they want.

It hasnt had to be said....its how it is....but most teams & opponents give it the respect it deserve.
Some however feel that people should be able to do whatever they farkin like with no repercussions or responsibilty attached

nomis88

Juniors
A lot of jealousy on here towards the two time premiership winner, Steve Matai, courageous effort again tonight. I thought the disgusting thing was some Warriors fans sitting down for the Aussie anthem, It's good enough for them to take our dole money but not stand for our anthem.

The OP is a bitter merkin.

I bet the only people talking about this will be a minority on this forum.

wahhh wahh wahh.

congratulations Manly, You played well.

Last edited:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
In addition to what I said earlier; the only reason I do the things I do with the australian anthem is because I don't think it's worth playing at every single storm home game, strangely was absent from the qualifying final, and I find it odd since its done at every home game in the regular season. Plus we used to have to sing it every friday afternoon in school assembly.

The other thing I'd like to note is many Australians are also quite disrespectful of other people around them. I've copped my fair share of abuse from league fans at game; which I think is much worse then having someone put up the bunny ears during the anthem