What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 1 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba

Who will win? Finals Week 1: North Qld v Newcastle

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K-Man

Bench
That Hetherington error was exactly what we needed to not do early in the second half. If we could have just kept the first 10 minutes nice and boring, that's all we had to do. Unfortunately that's in his game and it's in ours to undo such good work so quickly.

I can see the Cowboys really turning up the heat now, and possibly taking it away from us before we realise what happened.

K-Man

Bench
Honestly I feel like the Hetherington error might've cost us the game, even this far out. We had to avoid that early try, we really did.

Apey

Staff member
Dud kick by Cogger, dud tackles on Feldt and KPP in no man's land on the try.

K-Man

Bench
Sad but it's our own poor discipline that has ruined it for us, and we have seen this before like in the Sharks game. We didn't come out and nail the little things in the second half, and we had to. We lose it from here and that's a shame, but it's our own fault.

K-Man

Bench
For years we've been bad at finishing sets in a way that doesn't invite massive momentum and field position (and points) to the opposition. I don't know what it is, we get that part of the game consistently wrong. We weren't even slightly ready to make up for the Cogger kick, we allowed that to hurt us with shocking defence.