What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Canberra @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 1: Newcastle v Canberra

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yosh

Coach
Game day, gentlemen! It's a sold-out game, so I assume many of you will be attending. I'm quite jealous. Here's hoping we crush Canberra, and I trust you'll all be cheering your hearts out!

PhilGould

Bench
Definitely not a sell out, still plenty of tickets available. I'd say low 20s would be a very good number for a Thursday night game.

perverse

Referee
KPP named on the bench

AOB couldn't help himself.
Nor should he in my opinion. I don't think KPP has much to gain in NSW Cup. Battle-hardening him for NRL footballs' physicality and speed will be his main issue, and there's only one way to do it. He's a project player.

Haffa

Nor should he in my opinion. I don't think KPP has much to gain in NSW Cup. Battle-hardening him for NRL footballs' physicality and speed will be his main issue, and there's only one way to do it. He's a project player.
Agreed. Although I think Croker probably plays if he wasn't out with dental issues.

Burwood

Bench
No problems with KPP or Pryce being named in firsts and not NSW Cup - just a complete waste if either of them are named as 18th man and end up sitting on the bench getting zero minutes for the week.

Old dog

Bench
Agreed both should be selected in starting position be that 1sts or Cup, let’s see what we are getting

No problems with KPP or Pryce being named in firsts and not NSW Cup - just a complete waste if either of them are named as 18th man and end up sitting on the bench getting zero minutes for the week.
Pryce is playing in NSW Cup. So are Jenkins and Cartwright.

Jono078

Referee
So excited that footy is back!

I’ve been so out of touch this off season so I have no idea of expectations of each team. I expect us to be better than last year, which means I’m probably setting myself up for disappointment.

Yosh

Coach
Apart from the Crossland errors we look very good. Great line speed and not letting their big lads bully us. They decide to take the 2 which is good for us.

Latest posts