What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce

Who will win? Round 15: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Raiders will go close to 50 today. You can see our boys about to really give up I think.

How many times are they going to kick in behind us and find plenty of open space? I know Ponga isn't 100% out there and he's been our best so far, but man I hate his positioning for cleaning up kicks.
Every week I speak of this and I'm yet to see our coach or players address it.

Didn't the commentators say we concede most tries in the NRL by kicks?

K-Man

Bench
All we had to do was pin them down there end after the crazy Klemmer kick. Who cares how spectacular it looks, get the job done. That is all that matters. But no, we find a way to ruin all that good work, giving up the field position for no reason, and lose the game. So Knights.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah I'd like to know who gave away that penalty, that was ultimately the killer but it's still typical of us to lose in that fashion.

Way better second half but our fundamentals let us down.

We don't deserve to win playing just 40 minutes of footy.

Alex28

Coach
Ponga was stuck at the ruck. The problem was the 90m we conceded to let them get there in the first place.
It’s pretty typical of this forum. Blame one player rather than the 90 metres we conceded with 2 minutes to go…

Jono078

Referee
It’s pretty typical of this forum. Blame one player rather than the 90 metres we conceded with 2 minutes to go…
Ah yes, the whole forum with the shit opinion but you, again.

Don't think anyone is wholly blaming him but it's not the first time champion.

Who's fault is it we have conceded the most tries by kicks in the NRL?

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
Probably what we deserve. Ponga just not good enough at positional play. We blow two tries when in front to put it bed.

Rather AOB not be able to claim an undeserved win as proof we're heading in the right direction.
You’d rather we lose? Solid supporter.