What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce

Who will win? Round 15: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K-Man

Bench
f**k one Tuali finger although we should have iced it anyway.

Whoever took that kick for touch did well. One metre in from sideline and somehow they tap on halfway. Missed the actual kick
Frawley and it was 10m out, about 10m in from touch because we rushed up and got pinged for offside. Great kick though, he nailed it.

Jono078

Referee
No, I’m realistic enough to see our spine is a few players short due to circumstances out of his control, and the rest of the team lacks direction as a result.
It was in AOB's control that we re-signed a visibly ageing Pearce.

It was in AOB's control to not go after an Adam Reynolds or Nicho Hynes.

There's plenty ifs and buts buts and other tough decisions that could have been made earlier on to avoid our current situation.

I think you're making a bit too many excuses for AOB.

perverse

Referee
No, I’m realistic enough to see our spine is a few players short due to circumstances out of his control, and the rest of the team lacks direction as a result.

We haven’t focussed on junior development for the best part of a decade - well before AOB’s time. We let Pearce go, we lose Brailey to injury. We have no depth. How does anyone coach that?
You get the most out of what you've got. That's all anyone is asking. We are so fundamentally bad that most weeks a Real NRL team could run the cleaners through us. Most weeks we cannot string 3 passes together. Your average under 18s team can move the ball better than our first grade team. They look like a bunch of blokes that have never met each other.

On top of that, a whole bunch of blokes have gone backwards massively this year. How hard is it for Daniel Saifiti to run the ball hard? How hard is it to realise Kurt Mann is not a footballers arsehole, and to keep him out of critical positions in the team?

No-one is expecting us to be out there flogging Melbourne or the Panthers - but we do expect the coach to get somewhere near the best out of what's available and improve players. None of that is happening. None of it. Have you thought about applying for a PR position in the O'Brien camp?

Seage

Juniors
Just one or two would be something?

Happy to see your one thousand solutions though. Can’t wait to see the post.
No problem.
How about doing some contingency planning to replace your ageing halfback, instead of agreeing to release him at the last minute and then claiming you've been unlucky because you don't have a competent half.

Why recruit a pathways manager who had a very specific experience you want to leverage and then allow him to resign because he wasn't on the same page as those he was answerable to. So the solution is make the right hire, or habe a clearer understanding of the holistic pathway you're trying to achieve when you get there.

Recruitment. Don't offer player option deals to reserve grade level players who evey other team has shown literally no interest in.

I've got all day.

Alex28

Coach
It was in AOB's control that we re-signed a visibly ageing Pearce.

It was in AOB's control to not go after an Adam Reynolds or Nicho Hynes.

There's plenty ifs and buts buts and other tough decisions that could have been made earlier on to avoid our current situation.

I think you're making a bit too many excuses for AOB.
I’m not making excuses for him. I just don’t know what a new coach does with this squad right now until we get our junior development right and a decent spine.

Hynes would have been great but he was also being sold as a fullback. Reynolds signed for a year or two too long because that’s what the Broncos needed. Either would have been great, agreed - why isn’t our recruitment team finding those type of solutions?

Alex28

Coach
You get the most out of what you've got. That's all anyone is asking. We are so fundamentally bad that most weeks a Real NRL team could run the cleaners through us. Most weeks we cannot string 3 passes together. Your average under 18s team can move the ball better than our first grade team. They look like a bunch of blokes that have never met each other.

On top of that, a whole bunch of blokes have gone backwards massively this year. How hard is it for Daniel Saifiti to run the ball hard? How hard is it to realise Kurt Mann is not a footballers arsehole, and to keep him out of critical positions in the team?

No-one is expecting us to be out there flogging Melbourne or the Panthers - but we do expect the coach to get somewhere near the best out of what's available and improve players. None of that is happening. None of it. Have you thought about applying for a PR position in the O'Brien camp?
Your first paragraph is so emotionally dumb it detracts from your relevant points after…

Burwood

Bench
Others have said it before and I've defended him but Randall's service today was bloody awful

Kills our momentum

We actually looked to have better service in attack with Mann there. Was able to get in behind the ruck on a few occasions as well which got our sets rolling.

perverse

Referee
I’m not making excuses for him. I just don’t know what a new coach does with this squad right now until we get our junior development right and a decent spine.

Hynes would have been great but he was also being sold as a fullback. Reynolds signed for a year or two too long because that’s what the Broncos needed. Either would have been great, agreed - why isn’t our recruitment team finding those type of solutions?
A new coach? This is year 3 - and we've gone backwards massively since he got here.

Alex28

Coach
No problem.
How about doing some contingency planning to replace your ageing halfback, instead of agreeing to release him at the last minute and then claiming you've been unlucky because you don't have a competent half.

Why recruit a pathways manager who had a very specific experience you want to leverage and then allow him to resign because he wasn't on the same page as those he was answerable to. So the solution is make the right hire, or habe a clearer understanding of the holistic pathway you're trying to achieve when you get there.

Recruitment. Don't offer player option deals to reserve grade level players who evey other team has shown literally no interest in.

I've got all day.
Great. You have 997 to go.

Brennan left because he was working too many hours and his heart wasn’t in it. Better he stays?