What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Canberra @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Canberra

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
Some of those try’s were just ridiculous. Something must have been said by Benji to have the whole team playing hard and with precision. Or Benji has spat the dummy with the players. And not before time. Stefano was just a different player.
The Faunus boys. I’ve seen that taking charge and intimidating with power and skill before from great players..wtf were those 2 fainu kicks ..not bad.
I don’t see Stains getting that debutants try with his skinny tall frame.

Das Hassler

Bench
Agree and didn’t someone say recently that they should sign him next year as a NSW Cup player? It would be a good plan, ½ a game at 6 to mentor the 7 and ½ at 7 to mentor the 6 and every 3rd game off.

Yes and if we don't re sign him for next year (as an experienced backup) then I'll bet tomorrow's breakfast that a coach like Ivan just might

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Some of those try’s were just ridiculous. Something must have been said by Benji to have the whole team playing hard and with precision. Or Benji has spat the dummy with the players. And not before time. Stefano was just a different player.
The Faunus boys. I’ve seen that taking charge and intimidating with power and skill before from great players..wtf were those 2 fainu kicks ..not bad.
I don’t see Stains getting that debutants try with his skinny tall frame.
Correction!! All the tries were rediculous

Stephanie doesn’t care about origin spot as much as he cares about sparking a bidding war from the numerous cashed up clubs for his signature.The sooner he informs WT he’s fking off the better.Ive no doubt Richo has plans in place & is diligently shopping around for value middle forwards

Firstly great win today. Just a bit spooked by the collapse in the second half. Can’t switch off like that again. Hopefully we learnt something.

As for Stef, Richo has already sent him a warning that if he goes, he will have more dollars for the cap.

As a standout in a struggling side, some of Stef’s lustre dulls when the kids stand up as they have been doing and he’s watching his value slow down a bit.

I tend to think we are resigned to losing him, but we have a wave of very good youngsters, most of them not ready to peak for a few years yet.

I hope Stef jumps on the bus and joins the campaign and takes his place.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Th
Firstly great win today. Just a bit spooked by the collapse in the second half. Can’t switch off like that again. Hopefully we learnt something.

As for Stef, Richo has already sent him a warning that if he goes, he will have more dollars for the cap.

As a standout in a struggling side, some of Stef’s lustre dulls when the kids stand up as they have been doing and he’s watching his value slow down a bit.

I tend to think we are resigned to losing him, but we have a wave of very good youngsters, most of them not ready to peak for a few years yet.

There a team of young kids that what they will do short term as they learn but long term they will get that consistency in staying in games.there is a lot of talent there as I said a few weeks ago you got to pick and stick with the kids

Nutz

Bench
There’ll be a little niggle in this game who is gonna be first in the bin? Naden or Seyfarth?
50% strike rate there Pezz, Seyfarth was one of our best so in his defence a simple public stoning would be suffice, nothing too harsh.

Nutz

Bench
26 tackles
I rate him, nothing flash but just gives 100%, I love that he brings a bit of mongrel with him, he is the sin bin king, but generally when he is being binned it’s because he is giving his all, need to get it out of his game. Over the last little bit I’ve seen a bit of potential as a ball player, he is often hitting the defensive line hard and getting his body free in tackles just needs someone trailing him.
Well said.
Also what a lot of people don't consider are decoy runs. Big red does his share of them too. They take it out of you. Late in games when fatigue sets in, decoy runs become less effective and attack becomes more predictable. It's a stat that goes unnoticed.
Big red is slowly becoming a valuable piece in our jigsaw. Has a good all round game.
Yesterday he saved a try because he didn't stop chasing, he didn't give up, and that was after making 2 tackles further upfield.

Tigerm

First Grade

That lull, was when Seyfarth was binned, and I don't think we touched the ball?

If Stef goes, then we will find someone else, he hasn't been an elite player by a long shot. Though he does have some good games, imo he just isn't consistent enough to demand shit.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
We had every opportunity to hit the 8 to make Stef stay …………..and the usual coach being proactive when it’s too late.. I’d leave. Who wouldn’t with those offers.
Maybe it’s not too late to make the 8 ??? (Which apparently means stef stays?) But I’m not doing any maths this morning

Last edited: