What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Canberra @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Canberra

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was the best game of the season. Absolutely fantastic effort by everyone to smash the raiders right off the park. Some of the tries were contenders for try of the year. Good on AD for taking that intercept and outpacing (how?) them for the last try. Our defence was outstanding. Everyone had a blinder.

I don't want to seem like a sore winner but that ref was not treating both teams equally. I'd love to know the penalty / 6 again count. Canberra were laying all over us in exactly the same way we were yet we were the only one's getting pinged. There were so many Canberra forward passes out of dummy half, especially in the first half, but none were called. We have a barge over try sent up as a no try, yet they have an identical barge over try sent up as a try. The sin bin, and its lead up, was a disgrace.

If I was Benji I'd bring all of this up in the press conference. It would be worth $10,000 just to get it on the record.

When you're down the bottom of the ladder the refs look for reasons to take things away from you, and look to give things to the higher positioned teams. That's exactly what happened today.

Tigerm

Coach
That was the best game of the season. Absolutely fantastic effort by everyone to smash the raiders right off the park. Some of the tries were contenders for try of the year. Good on AD for taking that intercept and outpacing (how?) them for the last try. Our defence was outstanding. Everyone had a blinder.

I don't want to seem like a sore winner but that ref was not treating both teams equally. I'd love to know the penalty / 6 again count. Canberra were laying all over us in exactly the same way we were yet we were the only one's getting pinged. There were so many Canberra forward passes out of dummy half, especially in the first half, but none were called. We have a barge over try sent up as a no try, yet they have an identical barge over try sent up as a try. The sin bin, and its lead up, was a disgrace.

If I was Benji I'd bring all of this up in the press conference. It would be worth $10,000 just to get it on the record.

When you're down the bottom of the ladder the refs look for reasons to take things away from you, and look to give things to the higher positioned teams. That's exactly what happened today.
Plus Stuart is a known whinger and whingers usually win.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Magnificent effort by the entire team.Geez we’ve certainly got some talented kids.Special mention re AD’s super game after another horrendous ACL.Showed surprising speed in that try.Galvin & Api r sublime.Weve jumped Parra on ladder due to 16 pt better diff.Im in a state of euphoria !

But who stays, Naden or Dooee?
I'm thinking Naden on the wing and Dooee stays in the centres.
I'd take AD over Naden. Aside from being the dumbest footballer quite possibly ever, Naden took a clean intercept and was run down after 50 metres. AD juggled his intercept and went pretty much the length of the field. AD has better utility value in case of injury. Naden is dumb, a poor defender, and now you can add slow as f**k to the list. And he's good for a sin bin every other week

Pezz70

Juniors
But who stays, Naden or Dooee?
I'm thinking Naden on the wing and Dooee stays in the centres.
Douehi is a natural right side player, if Olam comes back in Douehi is a fair chance of playing right centre, with Naden moving to the wing.

Our left side attack is gonna be pretty good in the future, Galvin and Samuela Fainu are good on that side and Bula sniffing around them is pretty promising.

Galvin has all the hallmarks of being a good footballer he probably holds the ball just a fraction too long on occasion but he has all the skills. There’s a few raps on Strange but I thought Galvin really outshine him today by a big margin

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
Didn't see that score at all.
I put my hand up, I was against the Dooee re-signing, but he could end up being good for us.
The Fainu boys are impressive, as well as the all the other young blokes, they have put most of our expensive experienced player to shame.
The much-hyped Raiders forwards were nowhere to be seen.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Didn't see that score at all.
I put my hand up, I was against the Dooee re-signing, but he could end up being good for us.
The Fainu boys are impressive, as well as the all the other young blokes, they have put most of our expensive experienced player to shame.
The much-hyped Raiders forwards were nowhere to be seen.
I’m wondering if there are any more Fainu brothers we can sign

Tigerm

Coach
Fox NRL stats.
WT's - 46%
RM
AD-174.............................Cotric-149
Bula-162
Seyfarth-122
Tkls
Api-40.............................Smithies-29
Sa fainu-39