What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs St Geo Illa @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 6: Wests Tigers v St Geo Illa

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
That was easily the worst game of the season so far. Against Canberra you could see how much bigger their forwards were than ours. While the resulting smash up was disappointing it could be explained. Plus Canberra often make the finals and have a decent roster. Saints, like us, have been down the bottom of the ladder for some time. Saints weren't even that good today but they handled us easily. Manhandled would be a better description.

Today we were back to being a reserve grade team. None of our players had even a decent game. Except maybe Tupou. But what's the upside there. He's leaving.

It'll probably be another 20 years until they get a sell at Campbo based on that.

I don't want to comment too much about any progress until the half way mark. Having said that we've gotta remember we haven't played an elite team yet. And by that I mean a team that is likely to be playing week 4 of the finals.

At least Galvin will be back next week.
Panthers next week, broncos the week after

Pezz70

Juniors
Fox NRL stats
RM
JB-181
Pole-166
JunT-142
Tkl
Pap-42
Api-37
Twal-34
Runs
JB-19
Staines-17
Olam-15
PCM
JunT-50
Klem-49
Api-49
Papi-49
KM
Sezer-287
Bud-126
Every stat in the match was almost identical except penalties 9-5 against us and the scoreboard.

One other thing that gave me the shites was the amount of times we went left and right without going forward, I know Benji is a lover of an early shift but it’s a once or twice a game play, not everytime we get the ball

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
I've said this over and over again over many years. Games against opponents like today are ones which we nearly always lose. We are much more likely to beat a team with a higher class level but careless on the day than a team that is roughly at our level and fired up to win. Until we have a season where we put away teams that are at the bottom rung of the ladder, we will not climb up the ladder and improve as a side.

1. Bula: He had a crack but ultimately not effective as the crap around him were not having a great day.
2. Staines: I have been a critic of the Forbes Ferrari but he was prob one of our lesser shit players. He was not helped by a centre inside him that just didn't show up today.
3. Faatape: I've backed this guy for a while......but I think first grade has had a toll on him which led to today's non-event performance. I think he needs to shake hands with the NSW Cup coach on Monday to rebuild his game.
4. Olam: His defence was disturbingly bad today. He tried in attack but its hard when others don't do their job. He has plenty of brownie points though.
5. Tupou: Prob our best today. Our fans like to stab him in the back...but his position is safe as houses while we are in contention.
6. Sullivan: Once again, f**king useless when the game was on the line.He showed a couple of good touches once we were done.....but its too late then. NSW Cup please!
7. Sezer: An off kicking game from him today. Hopefully, Galvin will reinvigourate him.
8: Stefano: Other than the Canberra game, his weakest game of the season. I thought the Saints pack did a bit of a job on him today. He has had a good year, but not a great game.
9. Api: Had a crack but only so much you can do when your pack is second best.
10: Klemmer: I thought he was a bit of a one man band in the pack today. He tried but had few helpers.
11: Papallii: He pretty much burned all of his gas in defence today. Not a factor at all with the ball in hand........f**k, he is sooooo far away from the bloke who was at Parra.
12: Seyfarth: He had nothing......clearly not a starter where he has clearly been more effective this season.
13. Pole: Barely noticed him....did he cop an injury?

14. Simpkin: Did not see or notice him.
15. Twal: A typical Twal game....nothing with the ball but does a decent job in defence.
16. Manamuta: A non-event game from him....barely noticed him.
17. Kepoao: He had a crack...but a limited player overall.

And then I just read this:

Shawn Blore, Melbourne's unlikely hero against the Bulldogs, might be a new face for many league fans but making big plays in first grade is something he's supposed to have been doing for a long time.

A former Junior Kangaroos captain during his younger days at the Panthers, injuries have long stopped Blore from fulfilling his full potential.

But after four seasons at the Tigers, where he showed flashes of his best football amid a series of knee injuries, Blore has landed at Melbourne, a club who excel at helping players get the very most out of their own abilities.

The 23-year old has ability in spades — you can see it with the lines he runs and the power of his carries, two qualities that helped him score the winner against Canterbury.

He's also a talented offloader and a busy defender. There have been plenty of backrow success stories during Craig Bellamy's time in Melbourne and in Blore, they might have another one.

But keep a few on potential ! I'd rather have kept Blore and prayed that the 'knee gods' finally gave him a break.

Tiger Pedro

Juniors
And then I just read this:

Shawn Blore, Melbourne's unlikely hero against the Bulldogs, might be a new face for many league fans but making big plays in first grade is something he's supposed to have been doing for a long time.

A former Junior Kangaroos captain during his younger days at the Panthers, injuries have long stopped Blore from fulfilling his full potential.

But after four seasons at the Tigers, where he showed flashes of his best football amid a series of knee injuries, Blore has landed at Melbourne, a club who excel at helping players get the very most out of their own abilities.

The 23-year old has ability in spades — you can see it with the lines he runs and the power of his carries, two qualities that helped him score the winner against Canterbury.

He's also a talented offloader and a busy defender. There have been plenty of backrow success stories during Craig Bellamy's time in Melbourne and in Blore, they might have another one.

But keep a few on potential ! I'd rather have kept Blore and prayed that the 'knee gods' finally gave him a break.

I think they had no choice but to release Blore given the overs paid for Bateman (who Sheens went ALL IN ON..). Interested on peoples thoughts but I'd much rather have Blore over Bateman who is nowhere near the player he was with Canberra in 2019.

Nutz

Bench
Should have known the team would put in a peaheart performance the moment they did a tribute to a club legend passing away.
I was thinking the same. Just about every tribute game we've been touched up.
What I hate is everyone standing around chatting and laughing with opposition players and with team mates after the game.
We should be gassed and not able to do this crap, especially after one of the greatest club player we've had. Same with Tommy's game.

I think they had no choice but to release Blore given the overs paid for Bateman (who Sheens went ALL IN ON..). Interested on peoples thoughts but I'd much rather have Blore over Bateman who is nowhere near the player he was with Canberra in 2019.
Bateman has a big heart and that's about it, 100% he is nowhere near the player he was. Perdo.

Trollhammaren

Juniors

Not only would I prefer Blore over Bateman (in a heartbeat), I'd take almost any other NRL-standard second rower over Bateman at this rate. The constant brain explosions and all-around ordinary play has been nothing but detrimental to the team for the most part.

Benchtiger

Juniors
Our attack out wide is and was so predictable, when Bula slides and tries to beat the defence on the outside the centre needs to run a line back on the inside rather than sliding. with him , this would at least make the defence hesitate and possibly create an opportunity.

He's been disappointing all right. Started off like a house on fire last year and was a bit of a point of difference compared to rest of the pack as far as his skills went.

His production fell off towards the end of the year though.

This year he's been a liability. He has had very limited game time though and may be injured. For whatever reason the sheenius has always loved small forwards. The game has well past that idea though.

Having said that I'd have Bateman over Pole.

Tigerm

First Grade
Blore does good things, but was very injury prone, we basically traded Blore to get Olam, I think we got a good deal.

WA Tiger

Bench
A few passes could have been thrown earlier to give the receiver time …see Bulas pass to no one coz he decided to run then no, there’s nothing on I’ll pass. With no time to think about who he’s passing to …choose one or the other earlier from what you see in front and beside you and stick to it. You can’t do both at the same time Bula

Last edited:

Latest posts