What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 18: Brisbane v Wests Tigers

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
Nope. We recruited an ex-ref to work on the interpretations and are even worse.

This game is one of those ones where we almost have to win to avoid the scrap at the end of the season. It's also one where we will probably jag it to give the fanbase renewed false hope that a finals birth could happen (before Manly put 50 on us next week).

I'm thinking Wests in golden point.
I never expected we would beat Manly though?

Mario chalmers

Juniors
We really should have debuted Israel Ogden instead, I think he’s only 19 and probably nowhere near ready but has more natural talent then anyone else in our center/wingers, particularly Pauga.

Happy to be proven wrong but I don’t see Pauga as a longterm playee for us so what’s the point?

Plus he has the size for it. For reference Ogden is on the left, Pauga on the right
View attachment 50548
Both are small by NRL standards but I look forward to them both being given an opportunity because the NRL side is losing.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I never expected we would beat Manly though?

I'm confused? My point was that if we do beat Brisbane, the false hope of finals and a turn around will emerge, before we get smashed by Manly next week returns us to normality. Manly will flog us regardless of tomorrow's result.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Really hoping Talau can make the most of this opening and keep the right centre position looking ahead.

He is only 21 and although he has made a few errors he might still have a future. Tomorrow may well be judgment day for him.

Vozzy

Juniors
I prefer Talau over Roberts but he needed a stint in reggies. With no reggies at the moment the struggling clubs are finding it hard to bring players up because they have played for 3-4 weeks and their good form would be lost.

I'm at a loss for this club in what to do. I'm all for sticking with Madge he has the passion you would want to play for but past years have him struggling to lure rep players. I hate to say it but Ivan is a better coach he had players like Packer and other no names firing or at least had pride in their defence. Half of the players seem to be anti Madge now their careers are on the line but what do they expect of the next coach coming in to do just keep excepting poor standards and performances?

I say we need to keep persisting with giving our reggies and juniors a taste of first grade and when we can get rid of dead weight that are taking up cap space these young guys who are hungry will at least have first grade experience. I'm hoping Madge giving guys like Cini, Hoffman, Madden, Pauga, Amone, Simpkin and Simpkins a go is seeing his 2022 plans.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
We will know by what the players look like in the sheds before even coming on to the field. Check out facial expressions and body language.
Brisbane by 20 plus. (I would love to be totally wrong)

Tiger Ted

Bench
Really hoping Talau can make the most of this opening and keep the right centre position looking ahead.

He is only 21 and although he has made a few errors he might still have a future. Tomorrow may well be judgment day for him.
He has no future in the 3/4’s.He’s too slow & cumbersome albeit he is no worse than the pathetic jet.AD is both the best centre & 5/8 in the club followed by daylight.Our backline is horrendous & hence the clueless coach should be giving kids from lower grades opportunities over the next 2 months provided the limitations of COVID allow him.

There’s a certain lapse in memory as to just how f**ked the Broncos are. I mean no offence either.

After a few morning coffees Sundee I’m off into town for an emergency first responder authorised bet at the tab.

At least on the figures tonight, I’m looking forward to turning a lazy $50 into something less humble and then with little or no genuine risk and cash assured, off to buy parts for the hobby car or service one of the daily drivers.

On the way back, pull into the old fish and chip shoppe for the meal deal with crab sticks and dry prawn cutlet. Full sugar Coke please.

After family time, maybe some work from home, off to the garage to listen to the game ( destroying car in process) whilst the broncos forwards get on with the job of f**king about and paying for my easy day.

The simple things in life are often the best.

With five minutes to go and the game safely in hand, I will walk slowly up to the house and log onto the pc to watch the final five minutes live so as not to miss the boys hugs at the end and the standard Brooks interview. “ grunt grunt, the boys dug deep in the second half and found a way grunt grunt. No, we are a tight knit team, grunt grunt, love qld, everyone’s been great, thanks for having me, grunt”

A channel 9 shot of Sheensy sitting next to Madge with glib expression from Tim pondering why Madge had the temerity to drop Doogie from 5/8 all the weeks ago for the sake of a couple of jagged wins. Gus says
“ it’s been a tough season for them, they look at that game and wonder what could have been this year” Another fine cliche from Mr Football.

Then a quick interview with Tuki on debut and him saying “ grunt, it’s another level, it was great to almost score a try on debut and have my family here, grunt grunt grunt”

Yep, tomorrow is the day we turn the corner and get back to our scintillating junior smug bashing best.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Well I've just about seen enough already. ..10.mins from kickoff and there's Talau and a couple of others with their fkn phones plugged into their heads like they're about to go do a bit of rollerblading....nothing to chat about i guess

Tigers1986

Juniors
Complete and utter sh*t yet again. Mamalo doesn't care to chase for the ball. Forwards running soft and being overrun. Talau standing like a passenger in defence being run around with ease. F*ck this bunch of fools.

WAKE UP YOU PELICANS

Latest posts