What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal

Who will win? Round 18: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose Cannon

Bench
The plan was for Sharpe to come on in the halves with Hastings playing some hooker according to the source on the other forum. Shows how Cogger is viewed at the moment if they thought a fullback made more sense in that role while he's available.

Said the other day I was told that he's right off it behind the scenes, specifically the coach, and based on this it seems the feeling is mutual.
Hastings to hooker to accommodate a Pryce/Sharpe halves pairing with 4 games experience is ridiculous.
Brailey needs to go 80, as limited as he currently is.
Agreed re Cogger, though.

Old dog

Bench
Hard to understand selection, Ponga was always doubtful, Cogger has nothing to do with fullback, assuming Ponga is out and Sharpe f/b then cover for Brailey who has struggled full 80 mins why not Jones R instead of Cogger or at least both to cover every possibility

mozza91

Coach
So Ponga may or may not play. My brain says give him another week if he’s not 100%. My heart can’t take Cogger playing FG again.

Knight Tales

Bench
Always the possibility that the club is taking news out of Qld that there is a push to select him for Origin seriously. So AOB is probably playing games with the media.

Yosh

Coach
Always the possibility that the club is taking news out of Qld that there is a push to select him for Origin seriously. So AOB is probably playing games with the media.
I really really hope on one hand Ponga gets rested and doesn't get selected for Queensland. On the other I hope he plays both for us and Queensland, tears it up but NSW win by 1 point or something. I hope Gagai also plays for Queensland.

Knight Tales

Bench
All Origin does to this club is severely handicap our progression and make our salary cap a mess. As great as it to see them play it is never ending source of stress for us.

Woody90

Juniors
All Origin does to this club is severely handicap our progression and make our salary cap a mess. As great as it to see them play it is never ending source of stress for us.

Yep - all you see this time of year on the general forum is people arguing that players from their team should be picked for SOO. I’m like nope f**k that.

Burwood

Bench
Elliott, Cogger and Mapapalangi out of the squad for tomorrow. Cant and Hetherington still on extended bench and Croker into starting side for Elliott.

Excited to see how Croker goes at lock- always thought he had more to offer than his limited minutes allowed him to show.

Latest posts