What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Canterbury @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 18: Canterbury v Newcastle

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aqua_duck

Coach
He was good, but I'm wary of rating anyones performance on the Dogs game. He's been absolutely awful the rest of the year. Until these guys start having this sort of spark against a real defensive line, i'm skeptical. Realistically we have to wait until round 21 for a real test. The bye and the tigers aren't going to tell us how we're going.

It's nice to know he's still got a bit of footy him him though. I honestly thought he was a spent force. May still be.
Yeh today was by far his best game no doubt but he’s always been highly regarded based solely on potential and I think we finally saw some of that potential today. Not expecting him to be a world beater but he at least offers something a bit different to the slow, lumbering Saifiti twins

Nuke

Staff member
I was actually wondering if he'd played himself into a jersey. Good on him, he deserves it.
Likewise. It was my dominant thought about an hour after the game. He's young and full of potential, and this is kind of a game where NSW get to blood new guys, what with injuries and the series being dead now.

Frizz missing out is harsh. He did his job out there for NSW.

Saifiti (either one) should be nowhere near a rep jumper on this year's form or enthusiasm, but both have proved what putting on a NSW jersey can do for their attitude. For those 80mins anyway...

perverse

Referee
Was highly likely as Freddy hands out jumpers based on who just beat up on the Dogs (see Hynes, then Moses).
Yeah, he's also had an eye on him since he coached him in under 18s (16s?) origin. I suspect he's been waiting for Bradman to give him a reason.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Wow! Congrats Bradman. Deserves it based on his form this year. He is still only 21 or 22 so has plenty of tomorrows.

Both Saifitis only play to around 50% of their potential weekly. We need a coach who gets 90% out of them most weeks and 120% the other couple of weeks.

Jono078

Referee
Well done to Bradman!

I think Fittler has done us a real favor here and this might push Bradman to the next level. Him getting to be in that arena and prepare with the best will be eye opening. Also the confidence this will give him.

Hope he does well!

Jacob has also been the better Saifiti this year and was solid against the Dogs if unspectacular. Frizell is unlucky. He let no one down.

As a whole though, Fittler's team is a little underwhelming. Don't understand the halves pairing nor the bench - it's super light.

Also I think this will be Teddy's last game as a Blue.

Jono078

Referee
I can only assume he's picked Jacob because he did the job in the past, because there's gotta be half a dozen blokes ahead of him that he could have picked based on form this year.
I just don't know if it makes things better or worse for us. They obviously love the Origin arena but this is rewarding their half baked efforts - so why put in further? Sure self-prided and respect etc.. anyway we've had that convo many times this year.

Hope he kills it and brings something worthwhile back to us.

perverse

Referee
I just don't know if it makes things better or worse for us. They obviously love the Origin arena but this is rewarding their half baked efforts - so why put in further? Sure self-prided and respect etc.. anyway we've had that convo many times this year.

Hope he kills it and brings something worthwhile back to us.
Does bugger all for us as far as I can see, yeah. They both have to talent to be mainstays in that pack.

Woody90

Juniors
Well done to Bradman. Very well deserved.

Even though it’s a dead rubber it’s still a really good opportunities for young players like him. Sad for Frizzell as I thought he was one of NSW’s better players (low bar) but no point picking a bloke of his age in a dead rubber. Better to give blokes a run who might be there next year.

Neither of the twins should be anywhere near the game but hopefully Jacob goes into camp and it motivates him a bit.

Yosh

Coach
Happy for Bradman but bewildered at the Jacob selection and more so the non-selection of Frizell. Freddy is cooked.

I think both Saifitis are super highly rated by NSW selectors. QLD used to pick out of form players all the time and they would go on to be supermen for QLD. Hopefully Jacob can pull it off next week. Frizz won't be there next year so no point taking him this year when there are other just as good choices who are a decade younger.