What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Manly @ 4 Pines Park, Brookvale / Cammeraygal

Who will win? Round 19: Manly v Newcastle

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wizardman

First Grade
Mentally, they were not in the contest. I can't help but feel things will be a different story against Brisbane next week.

Wizardman

First Grade
Interesting theory.
That win against Canberra was a massive one.....lose that, the season is done.

I just got the feeling that win kinda eased the pressure on them a bit as the backline pretty much disappeared for this game. I feel they didn't turn up mentally today....I doubt that happens next week.

macavity

Referee

I just got the feeling that win kinda eased the pressure on them a bit as the backline pretty much disappeared for this game. I feel they didn't turn up mentally today....I doubt that happens next week.

We had one of our first choice backline, and it was Marz...

Woody90

Juniors

I think we were up for it initially but a few errors off some inexperienced players early on and the whole side dropped their heads.

Even from the get go with all the hype around Manly we were never meant to win, but still really disappointing to see us give up like that.

That’s the difference between us and a top side. Take Penrith’s backline out and they’d be pumped to prove the punters wrong that they can win anyway…we get written off and the players believe it.

Wizardman

First Grade
I think we were up for it initially but a few errors off some inexperienced players early on and the whole side dropped their heads.

Even from the get go with all the hype around Manly we were never meant to win, but still really disappointing to see us give up like that.

That’s the difference between us and a top side. Take Penrith’s backline out and they’d be pumped to prove the punters wrong that they can win anyway…we get written off and the players believe it.
Yep....that tells me that today's loss was very much a "in between the ears" one. Next week will be very different in that department for so many reasons.

Woody90

Juniors
I think today proves just how good Gagai and Best are.

I’d have them as the best centre pairing in the comp how much they save this side. Everyone talks about how whether we win or lose depends on Ponga but he wasn’t the one that was most missed today.

Let’s just hope they don’t hurt each other on Wednesday.

Reactions: Rod
Lucas and Sharpe get a pass. the other 3 were awful.

I really feel for Cant. Should never have been picked to play centre.
Not sure you could call Mapa awful. He made 1 bad read today. He was actually very impressive rucking it out of our half and also decent under the high ball.

No winger in the world would have looked good on the end of....whatever our edges were today

Allstar Knights

Juniors
On the discussion about Hastings .... Not sure if many of you notice but It’s honestly a joke how many times he goes short to KPP instead of out the back. I know our backs weren't strong this week but he does it all the time, goes short to KPP over and over. It feels like he plays for himself a lot of the time instead of what's best for the team. I can cop the broken body and his limitations, but it's little things like that which annoy me the most.

Last edited:

Latest posts