What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal

Who will win? Round 2: Canberra v Wests Tigers

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
Agree, just think he needs a bit more time against bigger bodies, but not in the NRL, you don’t want to ruin him before he starts.
Agree, this is my fear. Canberra's edges are very good at running at holes and lazy defenders.
The likes of Tapine and Young run great lines. In the middle ol Papali'i is turning back the clock and runs hard and straight.
I doubt Lachlan Galvin would have experienced this before, not sustained quality D pressure.
Papa, Seyfart and Johhny in particular will have to have good line speed to cut down the Raiders momentum and off-loads.
Well he's playing now so I'm on the train, let's go Lachlan
929626.png

Tigerm

Coach
Agree, this is my fear. Canberra's edges are very good at running at holes and lazy defenders.
The likes of Tapine and Young run great lines. In the middle ol Papali'i is turning back the clock and runs hard and straight.
I doubt Lachlan Galvin would have experienced this before, not sustained quality D pressure.
Papa, Seyfart and Johhny in particular will have to have good line speed to cut down the Raiders momentum and off-loads.
Well he's playing now so I'm on the train, let's go Lachlan
View attachment 85068
Hopefully that’s not his career exploding hahaha

gordsy

Juniors
It's game one for us nd already people are talking every game should be a grand final, do or die and other rubbish like this. We have won two spoons in a row, if we finish 12th we should be happy. Not sure who think we will do much better than that but I doubt it. But if we can compete in every game and unearth some new talent and keep the dopes away from front office we will be on our way to long term success.

Last edited:
It's game one for us nd already people are talking every game should be a grand final, do or die and other rubbish like this. We have won two spoons in a row, if we finish 12th we should be happy. Not sure who think we will do much better than that but I doubt it. But if we can compete in every game and unearth some new talent and keep the dopes away from front office we will be on our way to long term success.
Hey gordsy, I mentioned grand final and all I meant was that the 17 should have the attitude, for every game that this is the most important game of the season, it's the big one. That's' all I want.

Cheers mate.

WA Tiger

Bench
It was a reply to a comment from the professor saying that if it was a grand final some players that are injured would play through their injury. Like this game isn’t as important.
For me this game is incredibly important. A convincing win can set up our season belief wise. A bad loss can confirm the players worst fears with the dread of a long ugly season ahead with a rookie coach to get us back on track.
For this game: There’s no players on the sideline that should be playing and “of grand final importance” sits well with me

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
@Old Time Tiger
My comment earlier about grand finals was nothing to do with attitudes.
It was a comment about how uncanny it is when players miss selection that the club uses the excuse of being injured.
Its like their reputation is being protected.
They probably have genuine injuries but this has happened quiet often over the years.

Nutz

Bench
Justin Matamua not named.
Is this a sign that the likes of Samuela Fainu are going to keep him out of first grade.
Has Fainu been training better?
Well at least new competition should keep players honest but I can't help but feel that Justin may have already dropped the ball.
In his recent appearance on BTR he looked desolate and disinterested.
I really hope I'm way off the mark with this as I feel he has a big future...hopefully with us.

Tigerm

Coach

Our other debut player, well done.
Kick arse.
Just a thought, but if Sol does make the step up, I reckon they could consider moving Tupou on, we have the depth now.
Wing options:
To’a
Naden
Lobb
Alaimalo
Kepoao
Would leave a spot open that can be filled during the season?

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Just a thought, but if Sol does make the step up, I reckon they could consider moving Tupou on, we have the depth now.
Wing options:
To’a
Lobb
Alaimalo
Picsart_24-03-15_13-10-58-523.jpg
For these three as wingers,
To’a
Lobb and
Alaimalo.
Sol says he prefers centre [played in this pos in a grand final winning team] so I'd like to see him and Olam play big minutes together.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Why are we playing Sezer on the bench if we aren't going to play Galvin as an old school lock
Surely Galvin and Sezer would be a better choice? To me if you don't think Sullivan and Galvin can get it done then one of them belongs in reggies and the other partners Sezer. Not like Sullivan is known for his great kicking game.

Tigerm

Coach
Why are we playing Sezer on the bench if we aren't going to play Galvin as an old school lock
Surely Galvin and Sezer would be a better choice? To me if you don't think Sullivan and Galvin can get it done then one of them belongs in reggies and the other partners Sezer. Not like Sullivan is known for his great kicking game.
NBWT
Benji says Aidan Sezer named on the bench as he hadn’t trained with the group for the two weeks prior to game week due to a hamstring issue.

No set plan in place in terms of use, but will provide cover and the side has some options to cover multiple positions, if needed.

Vic Mackey

Referee

I believe sezer will give Api a spell, but then Bud will go to 9.

Im not big on Sullivan, however a mate of mine who watched him all through the lowers said he’s an out and out 7 and he believes he’ll thrive having the responsibility of leading the team around. Let’s wait and see

Latest posts