What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal

Who will win? Round 22: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
In all seriousness if Dom was deciding his future today, playing in a team on a 4-game winning streak that could make the finals, top try-scorer in the league, and seemingly enjoying his footy and teammates, would he actually leave? Even at the time it felt like he made a 50/50 called based on going to a better team, but he wasn't desperate to leave. Timing may have cost us an exceptional player for the next decade.
100%, but you still can't discount what the Bondi lifestyle appeal - whether if he knows he'll like it or not.

Jono078

Referee
Random notes:
1. Jacob Saifiti was huge - best club game in a LONG time if not ever IMO.
2. We have the 7th best for and against. 7th best attack and 5th best defence in the comp
3. We're only 1 point off from teams 6-8th
4. We win next week and it's VERY likely we finish the round in 8th spot
5. We really seemed to have turned some corner. We're playing nice and the efforts are incredible

Big game against the Dolphins next week.

Rod

Bench
Got the 2 points and no major injuries which are always the main things. Scoreline could definitely have been more, Raiders were terrible and we clocked off at different times in the game. But points differential will likely be irrelevant unless Manly can make a massive run.

Pleasing goal line defence at the end, the score always looks better when the opposition gets single digits.

Spot On

Coach
I understand that we should win that game because we were the better team but how did our forwards dominate their forwards? I can't see how physically our forwards could dominate the middle today.
Old man Paps and Slow Joe are completely over rated.

But still embarrassing for them that J. Saf and the young bloke, Thompson, were too good for them at their home ground.

They been getting close wins over bottom eight sides for months now.

Yosh

Coach
The teams that lose to us always say "we had our worst game of the season today" or something along those lines. It's like they only lost because they had a bad game and we were lucky to be playing them that week. It looks more like we are suffocating teams with our energy and defense. Don't know if I'm making sense but you guys get me yeah?

The teams that lose to us always say "we had our worst game of the season today" or something along those lines. It's like they only lost because they had a bad game and we were lucky to be playing them that week. It looks more like we are suffocating teams with our energy and defense. Don't know if I'm making sense but you guys get me yeah?
That's what I like about Bellamy. He knows when to praise a team he loses to on a good performance.

perverse

Referee
Ponga destroying teams continues.

We make the 8 now I think.
If we keep playing this well, we will. We can probably afford to drop a game against either the Sharks or the Bunnies. Better if we don't obviously. If we're serious about playing finals footy, then we should win the rest.

Then we get the pleasure of playing Penrith or Brisbane in finals mode the week after...

Apey

Staff member
Nah its 5v8 and 6v7 now.

I'm not necessarily basing us making the finals off our play. Eels are stuffed with their run home. Sharks could crash right out. If we beat them we 100% take their spot.

perverse

Referee
Nah its 5v8 and 6v7 now.

I'm not necessarily basing us making the finals off our play. Eels are stuffed with their run home. Sharks could crash right out. If we beat them we 100% take their spot.
Oh right, yes. Well then week 2 could be a real possibility if we can keep focused. And yeah, we're well positioned if we're good enough.