What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal

Who will win? Round 22: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mozza91

Coach
That was impressive. Comfortably outplayed a Top 8 side with a great effort and capable of plenty improvement. Shouldn’t miss the 8 from here and might do some damage when we get there.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Gambles kicking game is really quite underrated. He gets a good amount of length on his kicks and his 5th tackle options were all spot on today. I think it's a lot better for the team having him sharing the kicking with Hastings.

Jono078

Referee
Gambles kicking game is really quite underrated. He gets a good amount of length on his kicks and his 5th tackle options were all spot on today. I think it's a lot better for the team having him sharing the kicking with Hastings.
It’s just nice to legit have a dual threat in the halves. We’ve for so long relied on a chief halfback and a supplementary 5/8th.

Wizardman

First Grade
Random notes:
1. Jacob Saifiti was huge - best club game in a LONG time if not ever IMO.
2. We have the 7th best for and against. 7th best attack and 5th best defence in the comp
3. We're only 1 point off from teams 6-8th
4. We win next week and it's VERY likely we finish the round in 8th spot
5. We really seemed to have turned some corner. We're playing nice and the efforts are incredible

Big game against the Dolphins next week.
Dan Saf may have had the odd better individual performance in his career and seems the more talented of the brothers but Jacob is deadset a more consistent performer and allround better player of the two.

Old dog

Juniors
I particularly liked his change to drop it over the top into the dead ball area, sized up the situation very well, I have under estimated him.

Yosh

Coach
Gamble isn't the most talented half out there but dead set the best lad to have on your team. Love his effort and jacksh!ttery. Just does his role and defends hard and does his best to get Ponga and his outside men into the game. I don't see a reason to replace him when we have Hastings and Ponga in our spine.

Reflector

Juniors
Gamble is a bloke who deserves at least 1 Qld appearance before his career is done. It might well be less games than you could count on a hand, but the drive and effort he shows on a regular basis deserves a shot at rep footy at some point or another. You just know he'd grab it with both hands and give it his all.

Woody90

Juniors
In all seriousness if Dom was deciding his future today, playing in a team on a 4-game winning streak that could make the finals, top try-scorer in the league, and seemingly enjoying his footy and teammates, would he actually leave? Even at the time it felt like he made a 50/50 called based on going to a better team, but he wasn't desperate to leave. Timing may have cost us an exceptional player for the next decade.

At the end of the day we were always going to lose Dom. I spent a few years living in the UK until recently and for English kids Dom’s age there’s a real fixation on Sydney and it’s viewed as being a bit of a paradise - capital city with similar culture to the UK but with better weather. Obviously if you’re Aussie you don’t see it that way (I live in Sydney and it’s completely soulless once you’re here), but they do. No 21 year old English kid is going to want to come out here with all the opportunity and money and just live in Newcastle. We’ll have a hard time keeping the other two away from the Roosters too.

I do think it’s bullshit though that players can sign a contract with another club with more than a season left at their old club though. Completely takes enjoyment out of watching them play.