What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal

Who will win? Round 22: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 22
Canberra Raiders v Newcastle Knights
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal, Bruce (TICKETS)
Saturday 29 July 2023

Gates open 12:30pm
NRLW (Raiders v Roosters) 12:50pm
NRL kickoff 3pm
Broadcast live on Fox League, Kayo Sports.

CAN2023TEAM.png

1. Sebastian Kris 2. Albert Hopoate 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Matthew Timoko 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Zac Woolford 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Corey Horsburgh 14. Tom Starling 15. Emre Guler 16. Pasami Saulo 17. Ata Mariota 18. Nick Cotric 19. Matt Frawley 20. Trey Mooney 21. Ethan Strange 22. Utuloa Asouma

Unchanged

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Adam Elliott 14. Kurt Mann 15. Brodie Jones 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 18. Dylan Lucas 19. Enari Tuala 20. Simi Sasagi 21. Lachlan Miller 22. Jack Johns

Out: Daniel Saifiti (front row)
In: Brodie Jones (bench)
Changes: Jacob Saifiti (bench to front row)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Belinda Sharpe
Video Referee: Grant Atkins

STATE LEAGUES
NSW Cup: Canberra v Newcastle at Belconnen, Sun 3pm​

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
I have never been more confident in a win this season than I am heading in to this round.

3 clubs have been guilty of overfilling their roster with Newcastle derp- Melbourne and Tigers are the first two and they’ve become our bitches. I’ll give you a guess who the third club to join that list will be.

ryan.a87

Juniors
It would be such a knights thing to cruise into this match thinking we can just turn up and a win is a given

fully expecting the season to nose dive from here on

Woody90

Juniors
It would be such a knights thing to cruise into this match thinking we can just turn up and a win is a given

Very much doubt we would do that going down to Canberra which everyone knows is one of the hardest road trips.

If we lose it’ll be because Canberra have proven to be very good at winning close games where we’ve lost most of ours.

IMO this game will be a lot harder than Saturday. I keep reading everyone say that if we show up we win but Canberra and Melbourne have won a similar amount of games and this will be down in Canberra.

There’s no doubt that the Raiders play an awful brand of football, but it’s been very effective for them and they’ve been getting the wins that we haven’t.

Knight Tales

Juniors

Do you actually believe this club will go down there believing victory is a given? The hardest road trip outside of Townsville or AAMI PARK and Penrith of course. It is a tough draw as we play three teams who are equally desperate as we are to make the 8. This is going to be an epic race to the finals. I notice the Sydney media are getting agitated by us knocking on the door when they wanted to bury us a month ago.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
For some reason I thought we had done well against the Raiders in recent years but it's not exactly the case.

We haven't won in Canberra since 2018. Only 4 players from our current team were in that game.

This will be a tough game, but if we turn up we should be slick enough to get the points.

I imagine Elliott will be up for a big game too.

I just worry about the come down from last round. It's very typical of us to get a big victory and celebrate like we've won the GF and then completely stink the following week. I'm just hoping the boys have turned a corner..

Burwood

Bench
Bradman going up against the best young centre in the game Croker will be worth the price of admission alone.

Yosh

Coach
So two of the best gun youngster up against each other and on the other side two grandpas with all the experience and guile in the world. Hopefully we see lots of expansive attacking football from both sides.

slotmachine

First Grade
I think raiders outside backs are a more difficult test than storms. Olam played like he had a knights jersey on and was close to our best.

mozza91

Coach
So two of the best gun youngster up against each other and on the other side two grandpas with all the experience and guile in the world. Hopefully we see lots of expansive attacking football from both sides.
Jarrod Croker has kept his guile very well hidden for the last 15 years.

Frederick

Staff member
That's a shame, sort of hoped they would pick him hurt again so AOB is forced to use the bench properly.
On one hand it's good cause we won't be forced to watch dsaf being a complete waste of space on the field.

On the other hand it's bad cause now we'll have to watch Brodie Jones being a complete waste of space on the field

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Adam Elliott 14. Kurt Mann 15. Brodie Jones 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 18. Dylan Lucas 19. Enari Tuala 20. Simi Sasagi 21. Lachlan Miller 22. Jack Johns

Out: Daniel Saifiti (front row)
In: Brodie Jones (bench)
Changes: Jacob Saifiti (bench to front row)

Latest posts