What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs North Qld @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 22: Wests Tigers v North Qld

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
I reckon we win with 17 players.
I'm getting excited about next year.
We need to have faith in Richo, someone who's cleaned out the deadwood and his experience and ego will get us a good team moving fwd. He's not accustomed to losing
Big call.. The tide was turning against us before Latu went off. (Without the benefit of a replay) Tho I’m remembering Bullas try now .. Regardless not a fan of would have could haves.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I wouldn’t be surprised if a camera angle shows Olams tackle was ok.. if that tackle hit his chin he’s unconscious for 10 minutes , but no he was immediately up and about waving his arms at the ref .. it was just that his head lifted after the impact thst made it look bad ..The impact could still be below the chin with the follow through lifting the head…It would be a nice statement made if he does get off (tho obviously unlikely)
I thought with so much time to think about it the ref would surely do the right thing.. but no

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
No way was Olam a send off, however it would be hard to argue against a sinbin and given our floodgates opened for the 10 minutes after the tackle, I don't think we can blame it for the result last night.

I know with such a young team you're going to get a bit of inconsistency, however we are putting up some of the worst 20 minute periods within a game I think I have ever seen from an NRL team. Cowboys have been complete garbage in two games against us this year, and we haven't come close to them.

Benji can't even get the experienced players playing consistent footy, what chance does he have of nurturing these young players into consistent footy team. Need a change of coach before we lose another talented group of youngsters.

Nutz

Bench
No way was Olam a send off, however it would be hard to argue against a sinbin and given our floodgates opened for the 10 minutes after the tackle, I don't think we can blame it for the result last night.

I know with such a young team you're going to get a bit of inconsistency, however we are putting up some of the worst 20 minute periods within a game I think I have ever seen from an NRL team. Cowboys have been complete garbage in two games against us this year, and we haven't come close to them.

Benji can't even get the experienced players playing consistent footy, what chance does he have of nurturing these young players into consistent footy team. Need a change of coach before we lose another talented group of youngsters.
I would've liked to have seen Papa put on some rampaging runs. He takes the soft options too many times.
I just watched it again and big red played really well and is going to be an asset if he improves even further. Klem, whilst not rampaging, did ok.
Big Stef is still not showing he's worth anywhere near his asking price.
If Pole was playing and we didn't have that send off we win imo

isaiah

Bench
I wouldn’t be surprised if a camera angle shows Olams tackle was ok.. if that tackle hit his chin he’s unconscious for 10 minutes , but no he was immediately up and about waving his arms at the ref .. it was just that his head lifted after the impact thst made it look bad ..The impact could still be below the chin with the follow through lifting the head…It would be a nice statement made if he does get off (tho obviously unlikely)
I thought with so much time to think about it the ref would surely do the right thing.. but no
Below the chin is still too high unless you have no neck like Gladstone Small

simmo1

First Grade
The only other player the judiciary deemed bad enough to receive a Grade 3 Careless High Tackle charge this year is Dom Young who KO'd his opponent.

WA Tiger

Bench
When’s the judiciary decision. I’m thinking one week to not embarrass the ref..even that’s a big statement about the ref over reacting

Latest posts