What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 22: Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gordsy

Juniors
He will get paid less on his next contract.
He could be on 40k next contract, it doesn't change the fact that he is no good at centre. We signed him for too much money and by the tome the next contract comes along he'd be be playing out of his and have been doing so far ages. Anything less and we should saying see ya pal and go buy Ivan a big drink.

Fordy20

Juniors
That’s the position he started in.in his younger days .so he can’t have been that bad

It's only for three weeks anyway. Just have ET start each half and bring on Reynolds for the last 20 of each half. At least attempt to be competitive.

WA Tiger

Bench
It's only for three weeks anyway. Just have ET start each half and bring on Reynolds for the last 20 of each half. At least attempt to be competitive.
Innovation ..that’s what we need ...to create competition ..Thsts not Madge’s style. Tho he likes the same players in each position all year regardless so they all feel safe..I just remembered Reynolds has got a beautiful kick on him too - as good as Farah

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
He could be on 40k next contract, it doesn't change the fact that he is no good at centre. We signed him for too much money and by the tome the next contract comes along he'd be be playing out of his and have been doing so far ages. Anything less and we should saying see ya pal and go buy Ivan a big drink.

I hate to call bullshit but I'm calling it. Mbye has been good in the centres. He was also good last year. He is definitely a first grader. He was picked for SOO and went fine.

Shredder

Juniors
I agree 05. Yes he probably being paid too much, but hes one of the few genuine first graders we have in the team.

He played origin FFS.

Tiger05

First Grade
I agree 05. Yes he probably being paid too much, but hes one of the few genuine first graders we have in the team.

He played origin FFS.

Sometimes our fans go full genius. I get it because we have struggled for a while. You never go full genius though. Mbye has been good for us. Sure he hasn't been great but I see a guy putting in consistently who is a SOO level player. He isn't a Turdesco, RTS, Ponga or Munster but he can play.

WA Tiger

Bench

WA Tiger

Bench
Sometimes our fans go full genius. I get it because we have struggled for a while. You never go full genius though. Mbye has been good for us. Sure he hasn't been great but I see a guy putting in consistently who is a SOO level player. He isn't a Turdesco, RTS, Ponga or Munster but he can play.
Yea but you guys are kind of like that with Liddle I still can’t see what all the fuss was about him but I ended up just going along to avoid the drama..I think Gordsys just pissed off that Mbye has sucked a bit more life out of our finances than he deserves and that’s fair enough.. and U kind of jumped on his post pretty abruptly Like I’m trying to stop doing..haha ..that’s why he reacted... ...The stronger the passion the more we react so I suppose we should look at it that way..be booring if we didn’t love the game

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Also some free advice...Name calling eg using words like genius which you seem to use so easily is for teenagers and is really just going to invite more trouble for u down the line.. ..your wise enough to win a lot of arguments without using them and more impressive ...I think your a cool dude with a lot of knowledge and self control I only wish I had ...but I cringe when I see those words .

Das Hassler

Bench
Mbye hasn't cost us that much...dogs needed the space so they're still paying a good chunk ...correct me if I'm wrong buf i'm ptetty sure it's at least through this year

Vic Mackey

Referee
I hate to call bullshit but I'm calling it. Mbye has been good in the centres. He was also good last year. He is definitely a first grader. He was picked for SOO and went fine.

He has actually been fantastic in the centers, completely shits on Marsters that’s for sure.

You’re right though, these days a gun center is generally worth $450-$500k. Mbye is reportedly on anywhere between $700-$900k and we have him until 2021.

So unless he is Latrell Mitchell it’s way overs. As much as he has been good if we could find someone to take him we’d be stupid not too

WA Tiger

Bench
Anyway I’ve just finished a twelve hour night shift 6-6 and Im off to bed..I’ll expect all the abuse when I wake up around 2

Tiger05

First Grade
Yea but you guys are kind of like that with Liddle I still can’t see what all the fuss was about him but I ended up just going along to avoid the drama..I think Gordsys just pissed off that Mbye has sucked a bit more life out of our finances than he deserves and that’s fair enough.. and U kind of jumped on his post pretty abruptly Like I’m trying to stop doing..haha ..that’s why he reacted... ...The stronger the passion the more we react so I suppose we should look at it that way..be booring if we didn’t love the game

I get the salary cap position. You can't overplay players that don't play to the level that is required of that salary. It's just that Mbye is a good player if you find a role for him. He has been good in the centres. I don't think we are paying him millions either and at some point he will have to get paid what he deserves based on performances. I don't care if he earns a fortune either. The Dogs are paying a chunk of his salary. I get the criticism of players but I don't see Mbye as the issue or anywhere close to it. We have a bunch of players getting paid to be our top players that aren't getting picked or they are injured.

I don't think Gordsy's post was rude and I didn't want to come across that way in response either.

Shredder

Juniors
Given the complete state of our cap Mbye is the least of our worries.

And by the time we get to him, hes going to be off contract.

And yeah hes the best centre at the club, just a pain he wasnt signed to play that position.

Latest posts