What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 22: Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Marsters to the Dogs, maybe a swap for Renouf Toomaga or Ofahiki Ogden.
Moses Mbye to the Titans for someone we need ( Wallace or Peachey) maybe.
Reynolds to Knights or Dragons most likely.
Can't see anyone likely to take Packer, McQueen or Taylor

Why would we get rid of Mbye. He is a first grader. He isn't great but he has been going pretty well in the centres.

We won't get rid of any of those players listed easily.

WA Tiger

Bench
Please justify, what? I only wrote about the Kiwi international and compared him to the former Fijian captain. Kev offered more in attack and may have even improved, well never know.
As for your points, 1 He’s gone so who cares now, 2 he came as the fullback and interesting that some football brains still thought him good enough to be a bench warmer in SOO this year (I can’t see why). 3 re above and Fijian Kev, 4. That’s the coaches problem.

My response was to Front Rower who stated that the team had regressed and I believe he associated it was the same resources and defence.

As for Nofa always being this good, well, he’s always been a good finisher but his defensive reads were never great and they have improved. He still runs sideways and backwards so really in regards to that, he’s always been that bad.
The conversation originally was about Madge Madge is suspect ...he has cost us points by not making decisions that a good coach would have made sooner or just would have made..Points that would mean we wouldn’t be crying in our bears now ...enough points that we would be in a much better position to ride out these injuries to get to the finals.

Tiger05

First Grade
For 900k youd expect the player to be a game breaker

Mmmbop is lucky to be worth half that

I really doubt we are paying him that amount. If we are paying that amount then fair enough get him off the books.

My take is that he is a first grader and he was starting to look in the centres. You can also play him in other positions. I'd play him at dummy half next week assuming he is available.

WA Tiger

Bench
Now to defend the coach, like any team hit by injuries, we will never ever know, but it hasn’t helped the cause re Packer, Reynolds, Fonua, Matulino and in the past 2 weeks, Mybe, Farah & Aloiai
Packer has been put into exile because he complained that preseason was too hard ..These others above are no defence of the coach to where we have ended up ...they cover up a lack of awareness and pig headedness ...So Madge finds it impossible to back track on decisions when circumstances demand that he does just that eg Reynolds possibly Packer...and all the others mentioned..we could have rode out these next few weeks with grub at hooker and Mbye back next week...with a higher position in the 8 Reynolds would have added some kick and calm from experience to the team that we needed.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Reynolds would have added some life into the team that we needed ..Everyone would have lifted having him around..The coach should have known that ..Imagine how motivated he would have been...It’s too late now

Tiger Ted

Bench
Packer has been put into exile because he complained that preseason was too hard ..These others above are no defence of the coach to where we have ended up ...they cover up a lack of awareness and pig headedness ...So Madge finds it impossible to back track on decisions when circumstances demand that he does just that eg Reynolds possibly Packer...and all the others mentioned..we could have rode out these next few weeks with grub at hooker and Mbye back next week...with a higher position in the 8 Reynolds would have added some kick and calm from experience to the team that we needed.
I’m very much pro Madge but geez he fkd up not having grub on the bench last nite.Its unforgiveable.

Tiger05

First Grade
I’m very much pro Madge but geez he fkd up not having grub on the bench last nite.Its unforgiveable.

I'm not sure he did stuff it. Reynolds from the limited time we've seen him play that role struggles with it. I think it's Benji or Reynolds at 6. Unless you sack Brooks but that doesn't seem like a good decision.

WA Tiger

Bench
I'm not sure he did stuff it. Reynolds from the limited time we've seen him play that role struggles with it. I think it's Benji or Reynolds at 6. Unless you sack Brooks but that doesn't seem like a good decision.
Buderus implies Taylor’s an embarrassment at hooker then next cab is Reynolds see previous posts for more info ...

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
For 900k youd expect the player to be a game breaker

Mmmbop is lucky to be worth half that
AKA Bad-buy He’s the only guy in the team that can kick a goal from any kind of angle or distance ...I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him at centre .re defence especially but also in attack with ball distribution ..Centre was his position in his early days so it’s in his DNA ...He’s not playing catch-up like at fullback..His leadership hasn’t been there the last two games ..not saying that’s the cause of our losses but we did kind of fall apart ..so it’s possible ..He’s not a great game breaking centre but .I think he can sit tight there for a bit...game-breakers cost $800k we will get maybe $350 for Mbye ...

WA Tiger

Bench
Buderus said “They must pick Reynolds next time” ..he holds his arms above his head and say this is where Taylor passes the ball then drops his hands really low “and here as well..”

Tiger05

First Grade
Buderus implies Taylor’s an embarrassment at hooker then next cab is Reynolds see previous posts for more info ...

I just can't see Reynolds cutting in that role. Did you see him play there last time we gave him that spot. He couldn't handle it.

Buderus can say whatever he wants. It doesn't make it right. Taylor may be poor but I'd be worse and based on what we've seen so would Reynolds.

I don't want Taylor there either.

WA Tiger

Bench
I just can't see Reynolds cutting in that role. Did you see him play there last time we gave him that spot. He couldn't handle it.

Buderus can say whatever he wants. It doesn't make it right. Taylor may be poor but I'd be worse and based on what we've seen so would Reynolds.

I honestly can’t remember..It’s not really a position I focus on since I was a back when I played union..I don’t know all the intricacies...I remember there was a bit of energy about him ..All I can remember is he was standing next to Brooke’s who had the ball and he demanded the ball then we got a try ..We could do with that kind of thing​

WA Tiger

Bench

That’s the position he started in.in his younger days .so he can’t have been that bad