What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 22: Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
Me? ....did your first half dozen cars have vacuum wipers?
I remember my moms car had a manual one with the turning thing at the front below the windscreen if that’s the same or maybe it was just broken down...Ok well you hide it well

WA Tiger

Bench
I get the salary cap position. You can't overplay players that don't play to the level that is required of that salary. It's just that Mbye is a good player if you find a role for him. He has been good in the centres. I don't think we are paying him millions either and at some point he will have to get paid what he deserves based on performances. I don't care if he earns a fortune either. The Dogs are paying a chunk of his salary. I get the criticism of players but I don't see Mbye as the issue or anywhere close to it. We have a bunch of players getting paid to be our top players that aren't getting picked or they are injured.

I don't think Gordsy's post was rude and I didn't want to come across that way in response either.
Yip I don’t need convincing ...my AKA Badbuy on previous page covers it and a bit more ...He’s a solid centre ..and his defence can be destructive..Good timing and accurate passing He’s been known to hit the gaps too ..and can kick goals!!!! When he was fullback Different story Everyone wanted his blood..and fair enough.

super_coach

First Grade
At the start of the season I thought we would finish 14th or 15th, so I should not be so down on us choking again at the business end of the season once again...but I am nearly over it or should I say the Tigers. Year after year the same crap with zero hope for next year. It all comes back to the roster and the brain dead recruitment the club has under taken and of course the players they have let walked.

Going to be very hard to back up next year, always wanted to kayak the Murray so maybe next football season is a good time to do it

Tigerm

First Grade
At the start of the season I thought we would finish 14th or 15th, so I should not be so down on us choking again at the business end of the season once again...but I am nearly over it or should I say the Tigers. Year after year the same crap with zero hope for next year. It all comes back to the roster and the brain dead recruitment the club has under taken and of course the players they have let walked.

Going to be very hard to back up next year, always wanted to kayak the Murray so maybe next football season is a good time to do it
You'll be back, just like the rest of us.

gordsy

Juniors
I hate to call bullshit but I'm calling it. Mbye has been good in the centres. He was also good last year. He is definitely a first grader. He was picked for SOO and went fine.
The post should have said 400k not 40

He wasn't great in Origin either. Have a close look who gets beaten when NSW shift the ball wide, it's Mybe, have a look who slips over and lets Teddy score, it's not Chmabers like the Gus and co said, it was Mybe. Does that impact on his Tigers form no but 400k is still too much for him imo. Still he's better than what we have which is a big problem.

Onto his salary according to https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/re...000-to-play-against-them-20190328-p518h2.html

To be fair none of us can say for sure how much player is getting but the article says 3mill over 4 years with the dogs kicking in 175k this year and in 2020. So that means we are paying him 575k approx0k for this year and next and 750k for 20121 and 2022 that's crazy money for a good but not great centre unless he improves massively.

WA Tiger

Bench
The post should have said 400k not 40

He wasn't great in Origin either. Have a close look who gets beaten when NSW shift the ball wide, it's Mybe, have a look who slips over and lets Teddy score, it's not Chmabers like the Gus and co said, it was Mybe. Does that impact on his Tigers form no but 400k is still too much for him imo. Still he's better than what we have which is a big problem.

Onto his salary according to https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/re...000-to-play-against-them-20190328-p518h2.html

To be fair none of us can say for sure how much player is getting but the article says 3mill over 4 years with the dogs kicking in 175k this year and in 2020. So that means we are paying him 575k approx0k for this year and next and 750k for 20121 and 2022 that's crazy money for a good but not great centre unless he improves massively.
The way he carried his kids onto the fiekd For SOO I thought he won the match single handed...ala JT..There’s not many humble Leos That’s not fair his Mrs prob wanted some free time

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I’d pay any amount of money to a player that could play in his correct position and kick goals all year, long and angled - which Mbye can - to change this sick feeling of being out of finals contention as long as he’s at least a pretty good player,which Mbye is and which we are

Last edited: