What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Sharks @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Where do the Sea Eagles play home games for finals? Thought finals games had to be played at bigger stadiums and the SFS is a landfill. Cant imagine an easier line from 8th to the semis then a Turboless Manly at Homebush right now.

Yeah im getting ahead of myself.... We haven't beaten Cronulla in 5 years. But its like lottery tickets. The only value is the dreaming of the victory as opposed to what will inevitably happen.

They changed the rules this year so Week 1 of the finals can be played at suburban venues. If we played Manly it would be there. Manly with no Turbo or Joel Thompson are beatable IMO

Pezz70

Juniors
I think we need Matterson in the middle early in the sharks game, just to add some starch get through a bit of work, so starting with him at 5/8 is not an option. It might be the case that they start Taylor at Hooker this week with Reynolds off the bench. I don’t necessarily agree with this but defensively this week we need to strong in the middle for the first 20 or so.

I really don’t want Mbye in the centres, I’d rather Jennings on the wing than Mbye in the centres. If Mbye comes in it’ll have to be at Fullback with Thomson to the wing. Maybe Talau could have a run on the wing

WA Tiger

Bench
I think Mbye comes back in. Momirovski will shift to the wing which is a shame but we desperately need to see the back of Jennings. Esan is the one who can consider himself lucky, if we had another half decent wing option he’d be the one missing out
Yip Simple switch Mbye to centre Momo to the wing ..Madge just doesn’t tinker not with the outside backs ...The captains back - Momo kicking isn’t that crucial ..might be better for the lad to focus on his game this week anyway coz he’s going to have a lot else to worry about..We may be 16-0 down after 20....so we need players with experience who have had a taste of the big games to hold it together for us and dig us out...Mbye..Reynolds..Benji ....we know we have the firepower if called upon ... Nofo Brooks Matterson Cheekham also crucial ..and anyone else really wanting to make a name for themselves ..well here’s your opportunity..

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Yeah im getting ahead of myself.... We haven't beaten Cronulla in 5 years. But its like lottery tickets. The only value is the dreaming of the victory as opposed to what will inevitably happen.

Everyone is getting excited. You have to think we have no chance in this game. There is always a chance though.

Front-Rower

First Grade
From the top of my head, last round must win games

2004 @ Newcastle - loss
2007 @ ANZ Vs Newcastle - well in front, not long to go then they went bang bang, penalty goal and we lose
2012 @ Leichhardt Vs. Melbourne - loss
2016 @ Leichhardt Vs. Canberra - loss

Our only hope is 3rd time lucky at Leichhardt??

WA Tiger

Bench
I really don’t want Mbye in the centres, I’d rather Jennings on the wing than Mbye in the centres. If Mbye comes in it’ll have to be at Fullback with Thomson to the wing. Maybe Talau could have a run on the wing
We both like Reynolds ....Not just for u Pezz but I have to remind you’s that we had a thread not that long ago dedicated to hating Mbye ...That was when he was at fullback ..It was justified.....as soon as he went to centre that threads usage dropped to near nil. Last entry mid June ...Also Thompson made a mistake against the dragons we all do..including everyone’s favourite Momo re that kick..Thompson will stay at fullback ..It’s not the game to be trying out new stuff ..And again Madge doesn’t tinker not with the outside backs

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Everyone is getting excited. You have to think we have no chance in this game. There is always a chance though.
Big possible outs too for Sharks ..Josh Dugan concussion..Sean Johnson pulled out of last game..Moylen prob in with recurring hamstring ..And a few players and coach with a very low self esteem after last weeks gut wrenching loss ..perfect

The unknown

Juniors
I'm sure Wade Graham was struggling with a cheekbone injury too, in a do or die game though they'll probably risk players with niggling injuries

WA Tiger

Bench
We both like Reynolds ....Not just for u Pezz but I have to remind you’s that we had a thread not that long ago dedicated to hating Mbye ...That was when he was at fullback ..It was justified.....as soon as he went to centre that threads usage dropped to near nil. Last entry mid June ...Also Thompson made a mistake against the dragons we all do..including everyone’s favourite Momo re that kick..Thompson will stay at fullback ..It’s not the game to be trying out new stuff ..And again Madge doesn’t tinker not with the outside backs
Thompson’s prob not the answer at fullback I thought he’d be but he will do for now

Tigerm

First Grade
Our GF runs starts this weekend, we are on song to do the improbable. Bring it on.

WA Tiger

Bench
.We may be 16-0 down after 20....so we need players with experience who have had a taste of the big games to hold it together for us and dig us out...Mbye..Reynolds..Benji ....we know we have the firepower if called upon ... Nofo Brooks Matterson Cheekham also crucial.
. I’d add a firing Garner to that bottom list

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/143aba09bdcb5ec4ac1a9c332fb21551

Wests Tigers back ‘unselfish’ Robbie Farah to make right call on broken leg ahead of Sharks clash

Wests Tigers players will throw their faith in Robbie Farah to make the right call on his fitness for the do-or-die clash with Cronulla if given the all clear by surgeons.

Farah is in the race of his life to play in his Leichhardt farewell, having taken his fractured leg out of crutches and began running on a non-weight-bearing treadmill.

Tigers players have attempted to block the Farah situation out of their focus in recent weeks, refusing to let it distract their finals charge.

But they are well aware the veteran’s bid to overcome a fractured leg bone suffered just three weeks ago will become a focal point headed into Sunday’s clash.

There are plenty who believe Farah is highly unlike to figure in his Leichhardt swan song, which will double as his final NRL game if he plays and the Tigers lose.

But it wouldn’t be the first time the hooker has overcome the odds to play.

He beat a dislocated elbow in just three weeks in 2014 to play in NSW’s drought-breaking State of Origin series.

“I know how much he really wants to play and he will do anything to play,” Benji Marshall, who knows Farah as well as anyone, said.

“But I know Robbie and if he feels like he can’t give his best and it’s going to affect the team then he won’t.

“He’s pretty unselfish like that but if he feels like he can do it, 100 per cent he will be in there.” Sunday’s match is one of the biggest for the Tigers this decade, with the winner to advance to the finals and the loser’s season set to be over. The joint venture haven’t featured in the finals since way back in 2011. Farah will visit a surgeon early this week to get an opinion on his availability.

If he is any chance, he will be named in the Tigers’ extended 21-man squad on Tuesday and then given until late in the week to prove his fitness. The Tigers have lacked significant depth at the dummy-half position without Farah, with Marshall starting there in attack before Josh Reynolds comes on the field.

However Marshall said he had the issue firmly under control if Farah didn’t return on time.

“I actually enjoy it (playing hooker). Apart from the sore back from bending over,” Marshall said.

“Usually I am using my voice around where we go. When you are actually there at No. 9 you just control it. It’s up to me if we go left or right. “The good thing for me is I can count numbers and implement our game plan. “And then just let Luke (Brooks) just worry about what we do off the back of quick play the balls.”

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/143aba09bdcb5ec4ac1a9c332fb21551

Wests Tigers back ‘unselfish’ Robbie Farah to make right call on broken leg ahead of Sharks clash

Wests Tigers players will throw their faith in Robbie Farah to make the right call on his fitness for the do-or-die clash with Cronulla if given the all clear by surgeons.

Farah is in the race of his life to play in his Leichhardt farewell, having taken his fractured leg out of crutches and began running on a non-weight-bearing treadmill.

Tigers players have attempted to block the Farah situation out of their focus in recent weeks, refusing to let it distract their finals charge.

But they are well aware the veteran’s bid to overcome a fractured leg bone suffered just three weeks ago will become a focal point headed into Sunday’s clash.

There are plenty who believe Farah is highly unlike to figure in his Leichhardt swan song, which will double as his final NRL game if he plays and the Tigers lose.

But it wouldn’t be the first time the hooker has overcome the odds to play.

He beat a dislocated elbow in just three weeks in 2014 to play in NSW’s drought-breaking State of Origin series.

“I know how much he really wants to play and he will do anything to play,” Benji Marshall, who knows Farah as well as anyone, said.

“But I know Robbie and if he feels like he can’t give his best and it’s going to affect the team then he won’t.

“He’s pretty unselfish like that but if he feels like he can do it, 100 per cent he will be in there.” Sunday’s match is one of the biggest for the Tigers this decade, with the winner to advance to the finals and the loser’s season set to be over. The joint venture haven’t featured in the finals since way back in 2011. Farah will visit a surgeon early this week to get an opinion on his availability.

If he is any chance, he will be named in the Tigers’ extended 21-man squad on Tuesday and then given until late in the week to prove his fitness. The Tigers have lacked significant depth at the dummy-half position without Farah, with Marshall starting there in attack before Josh Reynolds comes on the field.

However Marshall said he had the issue firmly under control if Farah didn’t return on time.

“I actually enjoy it (playing hooker). Apart from the sore back from bending over,” Marshall said.

“Usually I am using my voice around where we go. When you are actually there at No. 9 you just control it. It’s up to me if we go left or right. “The good thing for me is I can count numbers and implement our game plan. “And then just let Luke (Brooks) just worry about what we do off the back of quick play the balls.”

I think Benji will play on next year.
I don't think Robbie will play, best to take another week or two and play in the major semi:)

Pezz70

Juniors

I’ve never rate Mbye, I don’t know what coaches see in him. I think he is a good park footballer, not much better

Front-Rower

First Grade
Looking at last year’s table we finished on 26 yet the cut off for 8th was 32. This year, if we win on Sunday we again finish on 26 though we qualify. Last year was either an outlier or the quality has dropped right off.

Latest posts