What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 26 vs Sydney @ Allianz Stadium, Moore Park / Gadigal

Who will win? Round 26: Sydney v Wests Tigers

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
Well we don’t need a coach who’s on his L plates, I think that’s part of the problem, not the answer.
It’s putting his celebrity and mate status before the clubs best interests.

The clubs best interests? Start off with an experienced first grade coach with recent experience and some kind of track record. Someone who has managed to get optimum from players before. Find a talented reserve grade coach. We don’t need a rookie coach with 2 spoons. It’s too big a challenge.

As for training, we need a lot of ideas and insights from better footy minds than mine. I’m not against a trip away, lots of clubs do it.

See what we are left with after the purge and who rocks up.

If I was Benji I’d find other ways to contribute to the club instead of head coach, which are many and varied. This option seems lost on a lot of people unfortunately.

30 minutes of effort at NRL level is poor by any other teams standard. Nothing to be too cheery and too hopeful about Im afraid.
Yeh well that's what Sheens was supposed to have done. Can't blame Benji for being eager.
If it's a failure then it once again on the board.
I'm done complaining. If one day we are successful then that will be an awesome feeling.
They better hurry up cause my time is limited.

Nutz

Bench
Tupou fk off!!
Ha ha. It was only a month back when a few on all forums including myself were were hailing Junior as a future star and that we should sign him for a long term contract.
People's opinions are paper thin.

Yeh well that's what Sheens was supposed to have done. Can't blame Benji for being eager.
If it's a failure then it once again on the board.
I'm done complaining. If one day we are successful then that will be an awesome feeling.
They better hurry up cause my time is limited.
It seems we are taking two different paths to the same end.

Thanks for your creative take.

I think Timbo is under the bus!

He hasn’t been seen for awhile. Hope he gets a bbq too.

Das Hassler

Bench
Reminds me of a joke, goes something like this.
On Benji's first day as head coach he addresses the boys in the shed and says..."guys we're going to have the KOE team to oppose you in a full on game, I want you to go out there and take up your normal positions"
When Benji goes outside all the NRL side are standing around behind the posts with there heads down.
Benji says to trainer "what the hell are they doing"
Trainer says, "you said take up your normal postions, it looks like they are waiting for a conversion"

Sorry, me bad, I couldn't remember how it went and made it up a bit. hee hee.

It was a Nth Syd Bears joke in the 70's but still works for us today :)

Well we don’t need a coach who’s on his L plates, I think that’s part of the problem, not the answer.
Well the Tigers chased Ciraldo, he’s still on his L plates.

We get it, you don’t like or think much of Marshall, one game to go and then you can truly give it a rest until next season when he is officially the 1st grade coach.

Well the Tigers chased Ciraldo, he’s still on his L plates.

We get it, you don’t like or think much of Marshall, one game to go and then you can truly give it a rest until next season when he is officially the 1st grade coach.
No point waiting for any official announcement.

You want to praise Benji and sing his eternal merits and coaching prowess..go hard.

In the meantime, I’m not sailing on this cursed cruise willingly.

He gave the team a pat on the back after a 30 minute effort. Sounds astute and cunning and it will help them a lot.

Last edited:
Didn’t see the game, were there any positives?
Not many.

In the wrestle for a first 30 minutes, instead of being overwhelmed from kick off.

Our blokes stuck up for each other during brawling.

And per usual we cruelled ourselves a number of times, which in theory is something we are able to fix. That’s better than being dominated or hammered. Those key moment errors p.

Managed to unsettle JWH! Hes not the full quid but even less so when he chucks his season away on a game that was well in hand.

I thought we were down a bit on our usual lacklustre performances, but a long way from our worst.

Nutz

Bench
Not many.

In the wrestle for a first 30 minutes, instead of being overwhelmed from kick off.

And per usual we cruelled ourselves a number of times, which in theory is something we are able to fix. That’s better than being dominated or hammered. Those key moment errors p.

Managed to unsettle JWH! Hes not the full quid but even less so when he chucks his season away on a game that was well in hand.

I thought we were down a bit on our usual lacklustre performances, but a long way from our worst.
That's how I saw it too TSP.

What would you you have said TSP during interview.
Considering that it was his first effort I thought he did well.
As a junior coach he had to be a little tactful so he doesn't lose the respect and support of club and players and sponsors whilst on his L plates.
I know that sounds crappy but I put it to you that if you worked in an environment with several over employees and you stuffed up, would you liked to be ridiculed in front of your mates or would you rather be pulled aside.
Worse still is to be ridiculed behind their backs knowing that they are watching and are not there to defend themselves.
Even the successful coaches gloss over poor performances in the presser then give the boys a rocket behind closed doors and that usually is directed at the whole group. Most coaches look for the easy way out and blame the officials during interviews.
The team needs confidence and regain a winning culture and being continually run down by the press and it's supporters every day (warranted )would stuff their heads in.
Benji did highlight what the main issues were and I hope he can get the team to grind out wins and don't switch off.
I can see Benji getting better.
I'm hoping Benji listens to Morris and how to interact with the media because I think Morris has done well before.
It's too early to throw Marshall "under the bus"
I do get what you mean mate that the club needs an experienced coach and not one who is on his L plates.
Well they did try and noone, even Morris at the time, wanted to come to a coach killing club.
I'll give it to Benji thus far as he is full steam ahead. He just needs a good first mate and I think Morris is that person.
"Here's Johnny"
jack-nicholson-the-shining.gif

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not many.

Cheers, i expected a flogging with that halves pairing, only so much the forwards can do. Hope Simpkin is back cause Api at 7 is much better then Smith

Nutz

Bench
Didn’t see the game, where there any positives?
The try by debutante Tristan Reilly was a good one. He could be the centre we're looking for.
I'm hoping he and Feledy are our new centres next game as the spoon is ours and we have nothing to lose except our dignity which has been decaying since 05.

Benchtiger

Juniors
Overall I think the Rorters just had too much class across the park. I don't have a problem with our forwards, they try and compete each week and Api is a gun, however he needs help.
We definitely need a controlling half back and some speed out wide to assist Bulla.

Nutz

Bench
About consistency... There's a huge difference between our good efforts during a game and our bad. Instead of one missed tackle in a set it's two, three, four then trytime.
We have to react quicker and cover initial errors and deny opposition too much possession, especially from unforced errors. This usually happens in the second half when we clock off.

WA Tiger

Bench
Most teams in the nrl with those two spines we used would have had a similar result. 1 spoon 2 spoons ahh..Next year is the test with the halves hole plugged. And a splendid spine. (Excluding Brooks and Schuster) Thankfully

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
The try by debutante Tristan Reilly was a good one. He could be the centre we're looking for.
I'm hoping he and Feledy are our new centres next game as the spoon is ours and we have nothing to lose except our dignity which has been decaying since 05.

I watched the highlights and yes he still had a lot to do to get the ball down so good in him. Agree re Reilly and Feledy for next week. Kepaoas miss on Sualli was emabarrassing, hes such a frustrating player. Feledy was pulled from nsw cup so would say he's a good chance. Would be a big game for him as was a Manly junior captaining their harold matts winning side a few years back. Nothing to lose though so he's worth a go.

Nutz

Bench
I watched the highlights and yes he still had a lot to do to get the ball down so good in him. Agree re Reilly and Feledy for next week. Kepaoas miss on Sualli was emabarrassing, hes such a frustrating player. Feledy was pulled from nsw cup so would say he's a good chance. Would be a big game for him as was a Manly junior captaining their harold matts winning side a few years back. Nothing to lose though so he's worth a go.
Ageee, Feledy accounted for himself well in this years junior origin game so let's give him ago hey Vic.

Cheers, i expected a flogging with that halves pairing, only so much the forwards can do. Hope Simpkin is back cause Api at 7 is much better then Smith
Definitely.

If there was a heartbreak, it was the falling off the pace.

We’ve found it a bit hard to compete after half time this year, something that needs to be addressed as a priority.

From top to bottom Vic, focus, drive, first half recovery protocol, fitness, muscle memory, the works.

Sports psychologists on the Medicare.

Nutz

Bench
Definitely.

If there was a heartbreak, it was the falling off the pace.

We’ve found it a bit hard to compete after half time this year, something that needs to be addressed as a priority.

From top to bottom Vic, focus, drive, first half recovery protocol, fitness, muscle memory, the works.

Sports psychologists on the Medicare.
Well said. Maybe we should insist that we only play 10min halves in future as that's all we're good for.
But if we do that we'll probably drop off after 5mins.

Nutz

Bench
Maybe the Wests Tigers players who wear glasses should play the new game, it's a non-contact sport. Oh that's sick isn't it.

Tigerm

First Grade