What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Bulldogs @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
The problem is when it comes to on field performances Benji and Robbie have been pretty good so far this season. We were terrible yesterday but most of the problem was Brooks and to a lesser extent Mbye plus mistakes from Marsters.

I'd prefer Reynolds and Liddle in the team if they are firing but they aren't carving up reserve grade.

simmo05

Bench
The problem is when it comes to on field performances Benji and Robbie have been pretty good so far this season. We were terrible yesterday but most of the problem was Brooks and to a lesser extent Mbye plus mistakes from Marsters.

I'd prefer Reynolds and Liddle in the team if they are firing but they aren't carving up reserve grade.
Grub scored 2 and set up 4 last week

Tiger Ted

Bench
Agreed but that was last week. There was no mention of him this week so I assume he had a poor game. To me it just doesn't sound good.
My sources at the game last week reckon the opposition were shit house & grubs stats really belied the actual performance.Fact is he is a bog average NRL 5/8 who came across a once in a lifetime benefactor in Wests Tigers when Cleary & Pascoe insanely paid him double his worth at a time when there was little demand for his services.

Tiger05

First Grade
My sources at the game last week reckon the opposition were shit house & grubs stats really belied the actual performance.Fact is he is a bog average NRL 5/8 who came across a once in a lifetime benefactor in Wests Tigers when Cleary & Pascoe insanely paid him double his worth at a time when there was little demand for his services.

I could handle the massive contract for a year or two because we were a shambles. For that period though it was insane.

Mitch would have been much better value.

Here’s something to make your skin crawl - JAC is a lifelong Tigers fan, absolutely loved the club. Jason Taylor refused to pay him $170k in 2017 to extend his contract - considered him reserve grade at best. Addo Carr even considered staying for huge unders such was his love for the club.

Anywho, he sensibly left and two years on is a premiership and origin winning winger. While Jason Taylor is coaching plumbers and gym rockers.

That was Pascoe, not JT.

JT did make a lot of f**ked decisions, but that one wasn't on him.

trevcogger

Juniors
Agreed but that was last week. There was no mention of him this week so I assume he had a poor game. To me it just doesn't sound good.
Tiger05,he was wearing a padding around his thigh above his knee in ISP Cup on Sunday.
No mention of his performance,so he mustnt be 100%,so i dont expect him to help much against Penrith.

trevcogger

Juniors
That was Pascoe, not JT.

JT did make a lot of f**ked decisions, but that one wasn't on him.

Apparently Pascualo was overseas getting a tan on his holiday......He was told of Storm offering JAC a contract,but said "wait till i get back home"..........JAC couldnt wait so took the best offer.
-1 there for Justine Pascualo.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05,he was wearing a padding around his thigh above his knee in ISP Cup on Sunday.
No mention of his performance,so he mustnt be 100%,so i dont expect him to help much against Penrith.

I'd love to see him come good but at this point I think it's pretty safe to assume he is holding us back.

How is your boy going ?

WT Unity

Juniors
Benji isn’t good like he used to be but he can control a game second to none. We lost every game without him last year and many players, particularly Brooks and our edge players lose the plot without him.

I see the logic in moving Mbye to 6 if Benji is out but prefer to keep him at 1 as that’s his long term position. Reynolds really is a problem and should be sold to the highest bidder.

Just posting about the many posts absolutely giving it to Reynolds. I've used this as the one to reply to continue the conversation but there were quite a few similar posts...
I gotta say I don't get it! Am I alone here?

The guy came to the club and at the time there were many posts saying happy to have bought a big name player - Origin player - been to two GF's - always plays with 100% commitment - heart on his sleeve etc etc...

And now all of a sudden he's listed alongside Rochow and McQueen as a Dud! (in one of the other posts)

I get it - We haven't seen value for money as yet but surely it's down to injury and from memory he hasn't been an injury prone player throughout his career so I don't see why he can't come back from his injury problems of last year. Plenty have haven't they?

So is everyone who is calling for him to be shopped and shown the door doing so because they think he's lost all his ability? Or do they think he never had any in the first place? Or do they think he is now never going to recover from one bad injury year?

Interested!

Tiger05

First Grade
Just posting about the many posts absolutely giving it to Reynolds. I've used this as the one to reply to continue the conversation but there were quite a few similar posts...
I gotta say I don't get it! Am I alone here?

The guy came to the club and at the time there were many posts saying happy to have bought a big name player - Origin player - been to two GF's - always plays with 100% commitment - heart on his sleeve etc etc...

And now all of a sudden he's listed alongside Rochow and McQueen as a Dud! (in one of the other posts)

I get it - We haven't seen value for money as yet but surely it's down to injury and from memory he hasn't been an injury prone player throughout his career so I don't see why he can't come back from his injury problems of last year. Plenty have haven't they?

So is everyone who is calling for him to be shopped and shown the door doing so because they think he's lost all his ability? Or do they think he never had any in the first place? Or do they think he is now never going to recover from one bad injury year?

Interested!

He barely played last year and he is on a long term contract. He has never been a great player. It was always a risky signing. The dogs were punting him.

Maybe he will come good but at the moment having him on our books isn't good at all. It looks like we could use his contract on much better options.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/79a51ced2291707b149d03daf37a9d2b

Bulldogs 22 beat Wests Tigers 8 at Campbelltown Stadium

— Bulldogs have now won all six of their games against the Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium

outscoring them 138-68 at the venue.

— Tigers biggest halftime deficit at Campbelltown Stadium since trailing by 18 against the Warriors in Round 19, 2007.

— The Tigers’ eight points is their fewest at Campbelltown since Round 3 last season when they went down 7-9 to the Broncos.

We were never a chance.:eek: Maybe next time.:D