What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Bulldogs @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trevcogger

Juniors
After todays effort;

I swear I will never bet on the Tigers again,

I think we will miss the 8 again...please cite this comment with mirth in October if I am proven wrong but I somehow doubt I will be,

Fu#ken smash em this week Madge, they deserve it,

If we only win one more game this year, please be next week, I couldn't bear the Panthers supporters getting on here after the game singing Cleary's praise.

We lack genuine talent across the park...rort the cap for a year or two and maybe win a comp, we ain't going to do it the way we are and at least I'll have the memory of winning a comp like every Melbourne fan does.

NO CLASS is correct.
i would open the chequebook and go after the following after their contracts expire just for starters.
Turbo and his brother.
Addo Carr

leaguelegend21

Juniors
NO CLASS is correct.
i would open the chequebook and go after the following after their contracts expire just for starters.
Turbo and his brother.
Addo Carr

Here’s something to make your skin crawl - JAC is a lifelong Tigers fan, absolutely loved the club. Jason Taylor refused to pay him $170k in 2017 to extend his contract - considered him reserve grade at best. Addo Carr even considered staying for huge unders such was his love for the club.

Anywho, he sensibly left and two years on is a premiership and origin winning winger. While Jason Taylor is coaching plumbers and gym rockers.

trevcogger

Juniors
Here’s something to make your skin crawl - JAC is a lifelong Tigers fan, absolutely loved the club. Jason Taylor refused to pay him $170k in 2017 to extend his contract - considered him reserve grade at best. Addo Carr even considered staying for huge unders such was his love for the club.

Anywho, he sensibly left and two years on is a premiership and origin winning winger. While Jason Taylor is coaching plumbers and gym rockers.

I heard he was offered a Storm contract at a good wage but was given a deadline to accept.
Wests Tigers said lets wait till Justine Pascualo gets back from his sunbaking overseas holiday and we will negotiate.
Addo Carr had a storm deadline so took their offer.
I blame Pascualo for this shocker.
Hopefully he gets homesick and comes back to us...Surely Justine wont stuff this one up again if it happens.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Smart guy! Benji and Robbie did fine. But as they say, haters gonna hate.

Apparently Benji and Robbie need to let Brooks control the team, yet when they let him and he fails, they bring nothing to the table. The hatred for them is bizarre and unfounded.

Anyway - Mbye looks poor this year. What do we do about it?

Brooks failed dismally. He was great the previous game but this game was there to be won and he was completely outplayed by the Dogs halves.

Yes - the hatred for Robbie and Benji isn't based on their performances which makes it stupid.

Mbye is a worry. He looks to have the ability to be a gun. He tried hard. He needs to perform a lot better. Do we play him at 6 and put Thompson to 1 ? Maybe that is the best option.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05
Mbye has been a bit of a dud at fullback....Maybe try him at centre? Thompson seem better at #1.
Farah was very quiet........Brooks was poor...This guy is all hype...Too many pushed passes which is a bad habit of his.
Benji is past it so its a blessing he will be out of round 4....

Our problem is once again,we are a battlers side...No CLASS or outstanding players.
Madge needs to recruit what he wants and in sure he will send some packing at the end of 2019.
Our top 30 squad is not a finals side...We would get eaten alive in September.

Thompson has to be in the team. He makes very few mistakes. We do need some class but Mbye and Brooks should provide that.

Benji is now a slow player who is a stop gap. He isn't bad. He just isn't good.

I don't know where you play Mbye - I'm thinking he stays at 1 or moves to 6 but we don't have much speed in the centres either. We have Reynolds so he probably goes to 6 but I assume he had a dud game in reserves on the weekend and that is a worry.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yes Brooks cant take control..Never has.
You cant change someones personality...Its imbedded in them for life.
So poor Benji and Farah sit there and cant do what they want.

I think he tried to but he failed. He needs to take control but not by making mistakes.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Benji isn’t good like he used to be but he can control a game second to none. We lost every game without him last year and many players, particularly Brooks and our edge players lose the plot without him.

I see the logic in moving Mbye to 6 if Benji is out but prefer to keep him at 1 as that’s his long term position. Reynolds really is a problem and should be sold to the highest bidder.

BalmainBoy_1969

Juniors
Smart guy! Benji and Robbie did fine. But as they say, haters gonna hate.

Apparently Benji and Robbie need to let Brooks control the team, yet when they let him and he fails, they bring nothing to the table. The hatred for them is bizarre and unfounded.

Anyway - Mbye looks poor this year. What do we do about it?

Thompson is safe at the back, Mbye's speed might work on the wing? Reaching I guess!

Tiger Ted

Bench
Benji isn’t good like he used to be but he can control a game second to none. We lost every game without him last year and many players, particularly Brooks and our edge players lose the plot without him.

I see the logic in moving Mbye to 6 if Benji is out but prefer to keep him at 1 as that’s his long term position. Reynolds really is a problem and should be sold to the highest bidder.
I’ve got no doubt Madge is planning on moving Reynolds on for season ‘20.Madge would b fully aware that we can’t win the comp with grub @ 5/8.

Tigerm

First Grade
Plus, Mbye is on approx 650k so moving him to centre isn’t very cost effective. I think he just needs a bit of time at FB and he will grow into quite a handy player.
Plus he is back from injury, IMO a bit early to make that change. Josh needs to be given a fair go as well.

Tiger05

First Grade

I see the situation exactly like this at the moment. The problem is that we've signed Reynolds on a long term contract and at the moment the upside of this is looking non-existent.

I wish we had Reynolds contract off our books.

Tiger05

First Grade
Plus, Mbye is on approx 650k so moving him to centre isn’t very cost effective. I think he just needs a bit of time at FB and he will grow into quite a handy player.

This is why I suggested 6 plus Thompson goes well at 1. I do agree though that Mbye has shown signs of being a quality player.

cerberus

Coach
Bloody disgraceful effort .
When we finish 9th , again .they can look back and this is the day they blew it, again.

simmo05

Bench
I dont hate bunji, i just think he is a fill in (which he has done a great job) and reynolds needs to be given a decent crack before the knifes come out. I dont get the masters hate either, he was the only one who looked dangerous all game

Front-Rower

First Grade
I dont hate bunji

Of course it’s not about personal hate, it’s about results on the field. Same can be said with Farah. When Scott Prince left these two were given the reigns, told to take control and lead us consistently to victory. This hasn’t happened.

With Benji, I still blame Sheens in trying to turn him into a game managing 7. The guy was the best running 5/8th in the game and this was taken away from him. I don’t think it was any coincidence that Benji’s beat years came when Prince and Lui were next to him in the halves.

Latest posts