What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Bulldogs @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Forwards were quite poor besides Twal. Matulino as a starting prop ran for like 60m, we need more from him.

I think we should totally ban pointless offloads following a half break. They always go to ground and almost always cause a turn over. Just take the tackle, get a quick play the ball and play smart footy.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I haven’t blamed the whole loss on him, just said we needed more from our pack, particularly our starting prop and forward leader.

He made 60m until his short final stint, whereby the game was lost already. I hope I haven’t touched a nerve by slightly critiquing your nephew, Mrs Matulino.

I can assure you I seriously rate him very highly as a player but yesterday wasn’t a great performance from any of the team, including Big Ben.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Nobodies ranting Aunty Mats, just chatting with fellow passionate Tigers fans in a friendly and respectful manner.

Go those Tigers!

Front-Rower

First Grade
Forwards weren’t the problem yesterday. All
The ball in the opposition 20 in the first 25-30 mins yet couldn’t crack them. The 6 and 9 no idea as usual and and the 1 and 7 should be on notice.

It was a mirror image of the round 1 game against Manly yet the blinker brigade blamed the weather.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
The ball in the opposition 20 in the first 25-30 mins yet couldn’t crack them. The 6 and 9 no idea as usual and and the 1 and 7 should be on notice.

It was a mirror image of the round 1 game against Manly yet the blinker brigade blamed the weather.

No idea as usual...? The same 6 and 9 that before last week had us the third best attacking team in the comp. The same 9 that has 3 try assists, 4 LB assists and 3 tries. The same 9 with 3 try assists and is only behind Luke Keary in that position.

Obviously our spine was poor yesterday. It was poor because we lacked punch from our bench, which has been great the first two rounds. As I said, I’m not concerned and it was an all round bad effort.

Clearly you have an anti-Benji and Farah agenda so there is no point in continuing this discussion. Hope the nephew is well and he rips in for us this week v Penrith.

Go the Tigers!

Tiger05

First Grade

I think the 6 & 9 were good. Brooks was woeful. Mbye was really poor as well. I thought Benji and Robbie were controlled and Brooks was given every opportunity but stuffed it.

I also didn't want Benji and Robbie in the team and I rate Brooks and Mbye highly. On that performance though Brooks and Mbye need massive improvements.

I also think the forwards weren't the problem. Marsters also had way too many dud plays.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I think the 6 & 9 were good. Brooks was woeful. Mbye was really poor as well. I thought Benji and Robbie were controlled and Brooks was given every opportunity but stuffed it.

I also didn't want Benji and Robbie in the team and I rate Brooks and Mbye highly. On that performance though Brooks and Mbye need massive improvements.

Smart guy! Benji and Robbie did fine. But as they say, haters gonna hate.

Apparently Benji and Robbie need to let Brooks control the team, yet when they let him and he fails, they bring nothing to the table. The hatred for them is bizarre and unfounded.

Anyway - Mbye looks poor this year. What do we do about it?

trevcogger

Juniors
Sorry ... you must not be familiar with the other embedded tigers traits.. WE MUST always play a struggling team into form .. Panthers struggling to score points = flood gates open against us.
The guy West4ever is obviously a new boy....
His comment on going undefeated this year had me rolling on the floor for an hour......
So West4life ..This week we will play Penrith back into form and get beaten...MOM performances for either Chin Junior or speedhump Maloney.
Lets see if im right.

trevcogger

Juniors
And how good was it to see madge going ballistic in the sheds after that effort!! Gold

Saw that Simmo...
Finger pointing.To the players and outside.
Wish we had a lip reader on here.
Does anybody have an idea what he was trying to say when he used his right hand as though he was paddling a canoe??????

trevcogger

Juniors
I cant remember the last game Marsters had a blinder to be honest..
It was probably the game before the media told him he was great .
I was critical of him early last year and I was called a troll :(

I think Marsters is a "fair weather" player...
Goes good when we are winning but disappears when we are losing.

trevcogger

Juniors

I also think the forwards weren't the problem. Marsters also had way too many dud plays.

Tiger05
Mbye has been a bit of a dud at fullback....Maybe try him at centre? Thompson seem better at #1.
Farah was very quiet........Brooks was poor...This guy is all hype...Too many pushed passes which is a bad habit of his.
Benji is past it so its a blessing he will be out of round 4....

Our problem is once again,we are a battlers side...No CLASS or outstanding players.
Madge needs to recruit what he wants and in sure he will send some packing at the end of 2019.
Our top 30 squad is not a finals side...We would get eaten alive in September.

trevcogger

Juniors
Smart guy! Benji and Robbie did fine. But as they say, haters gonna hate.

Apparently Benji and Robbie need to let Brooks control the team, yet when they let him and he fails, they bring nothing to the table. The hatred for them is bizarre and unfounded.

Anyway - Mbye looks poor this year. What do we do about it?

Yes Brooks cant take control..Never has.
You cant change someones personality...Its imbedded in them for life.
So poor Benji and Farah sit there and cant do what they want.

trevcogger

Juniors
We just don't have class players to turn games around. Our gameplan revolves around getting all the 1%rs right and playing high completion rate footy

As soon as we go away from that (like today) we get shown up. Not a good enough team to make what was it, 15 handling errors? and win games

Melbourne Roosters and souffs can play off games occassionally.and still scrape home wins. That's why they are at the top

Agree Unknown
we are really a battling squad.
Not 1 player who can get us out of trouble...Madge needs to recruit some top talent...
Go after Tom Turbo and his brother with an open cheque book...Money talks.
Brooks...4th year in first grade and still cant organise a pie at a Sargents picnic.
And please dont mention Dally M HALFBACK of the year.

The Rosco

Bench
Forwards were quite poor besides Twal. Matulino as a starting prop ran for like 60m, we need more from him.

I think we should totally ban pointless offloads following a half break. They always go to ground and almost always cause a turn over. Just take the tackle, get a quick play the ball and play smart footy.
LL, I'd reckon you'd be talking about Brook's pointless offload 12m out from dogs line that lead to their first try, and of course the follow up on the next set.
And now we can all see why last week was the first time in 20 effin years we have been on top of the ladder. And even then . . . playing the bottom placed team . . . could we stay on top for a second week.