What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Bulldogs @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We were terrible,only one team seemed interested in playing football today and it wasn’t the WT,the tigers actually won the second half but in reality the dogs were the better team for the entire 80 minutes.
Two early injuries seemed to throw the WT rhythm and structures out the window,MCK notably was one of the only forwards having a go while others went missing, Mybe was easily the bulldogs best player.

macnaz

Staff member
Best game dogs play all season, tigers smash Penrith next weekend, Reynolds 2 assists with 3 try’s, good thing it happened this week if it happened next week we would loose by 50
Sorry ... you must not be familiar with the other embedded tigers traits.. WE MUST always play a struggling team into form .. Panthers struggling to score points = flood gates open against us.

stryker

First Grade
What i dont get about this club is the herd mentality. When our top players are firing, the rest also lift however when some of the top guys are flat, the whole squad goes to shit.
You never see the benchmark teams do that. Theres always a couple of guys who stepup and cover for them. As proffessionals should always do.

macnaz

Staff member
Some other given traits so will will be familiar with them as the year progresses.
*We shall let a try in just prior to halftime
* We shall be the victim of a once in a lifetime Ref call.. made up or otherwise
* We shall play a team when their STAR player returns from injury
*We shall lose against any side playing minus their State of Origin Players.
*We shall not have a positive for and against
*We shall not hold a big lead in a game
* We shall get the highest judiciary penalty for an onfield discretion
* We shall not win a game in front of a big home crowd.
* We shall not beat adversity
*We shall let quality players go elsewhere

Well there are a few to look out for so as you aren't to surprised during the year, they are written in stone so dont expect anything except the odd variation when the players have an off day and arent concentrating on what is expected from them as Weststigers players.

You could see the writing on the wall from the first set. A forward didn't hit it up until tackle 5.

It was good to see Maguire give it to them after full time because they certainly deserved it.

The only players who I'd give a pass mark to were Garner, who came back although playing in a lot of pain and looked dangerous every time he touched the ball, and Thompson. If he had a body the size of his heart he'd be the second coming of Andre the Giant.

The good tactical kicking game was missing, unless the tactics were to kick it straight to the opposition under no pressure. In attack we were ruderless. In defence we didn't work as a team. In general there looked to be no effort put in at all.

I would expect Reynolds to walk into the team next week. And possibly a few other changes. I think this is important as no past coach has ever done this and it shows the players there is now accountability. Too many times in the past we have just let it go without doing anything. If we got beaten but tried hard all game fair enough but there a distinct lack of effort today. We thought we were just going to turn up and win.

Tiger05

First Grade
Ill add something here.
Matterson is average as hell.
Mbye is the comps worst fullback
Brooks is shit on a stick.
We need a goal kicker

Hard to disagree with this based on today's game. I'll add Marsters is the worst player in the comp for consistency throughout the game. He kills it and looks great and then drops it or doesn't play the ball correctly or misses tackles.

Matterson is good but he isn't great. Mbye is similar. These two really need to start showing us they are star players.

Brooks. I've backed him up consistently but today he single highhandedly screwed us over. The difference between him and Foran and Lewis was chalk and cheese.

Das Hassler

Bench
Dogs mixed it up very effectively....knocked us off balance and never let us get it back. Gotta give a lot of credit to the dogs. ..they were a smart football team today

Some other given traits so will will be familiar with them as the year progresses.
* We shall be the victim of a once in a lifetime Ref call.. made up or otherwise

Well there are a few to look out for so as you aren't to surprised during the year, they are written in stone so dont expect anything except the odd variation when the players have an off day and arent concentrating on what is expected from them as Weststigers players.

I noticed there were 10 of those points macnaz. The commandments? You should shout them down from the top of mount Leichhardt, and carry them around in our trophy cabinet which would pass as the ark of the covenant. Lets face it there's plenty of room in there.

Tiger05

First Grade
f**ken garbage. Twal, Marsters, Fonua and Thompson all had a good game though.

Marsters needs a rocket up him. Yep he is great but a piss poor offload and a terrible play the ball on their line sum up how hot and gold he is.

He can win us games but he needs to cut out some of those errors.

How good was Twal though. Geez he was impressive.

macnaz

Staff member
I noticed there were 10 of those points macnaz. The commandments? You should shout them down from the top of mount Leichhardt, and carry them around in our trophy cabinet which would pass as the ark of the covenant. Lets face it there's plenty of room in there.
Lol I didnt even count them.. hmm ironic there were 10

Ron's_Mate

Bench

Also, if the opposing team has a player on debut we will make them look like a superstar. Two of them today.

west4ever

Juniors
Sorry ... you must not be familiar with the other embedded tigers traits.. WE MUST always play a struggling team into form .. Panthers struggling to score points = flood gates open against us.
You got me thinking, I’m sad that you reminded me, anyways tigers till I die let’s not give up

macnaz

Staff member
Marsters needs a rocket up him. Yep he is great but a piss poor offload and a terrible play the ball on their line sum up how hot and gold he is.

He can win us games but he needs to cut out some of those errors.

How good was Twal though. Geez he was impressive.
And how good was it to see madge going ballistic in the sheds after that effort!! Gold
Was that on Fox ??
I didnt stay tuned that long :(

simmo1

First Grade
Marsters probably finished with a great stat sheet but I thought he was ordinary. A couple of crucial errors and went sideways too often.

Twal looked the only one who wanted to roll the sleeves up and run straight.

macnaz

Staff member
Marsters probably finished with a great stat sheet but I thought he was ordinary. A couple of crucial errors and went sideways too often.

Twal looked the only one who wanted to roll the sleeves up and run straight.
I cant remember the last game Marsters had a blinder to be honest..
It was probably the game before the media told him he was great .
I was critical of him early last year and I was called a troll :(