What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Panthers @ Panthers Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Our defence was fine but attack & ability to ice the game were ordinary.

Irrespective of what certain concussed formal internationals thought it was a very poor game of footy.

Exactly. I watched the game and we were terrible especially when it counted.

Das Hassler

Bench
In regards Mbye's attack ( thus far this year)....perhaps the captaincy is weighing on him a bit and it might take him a little while to learn to not let it shackle his game....( panthers) Moylan a prime example

trevcogger

Juniors
Seriously we all knew this was going to Golden Point when we were only 6 points up...it was just a matter of time that we lose it to a field goal....seen it happen a thousand time.

How many of you watching the game picked this....I reckon you all did because you are Tigers supporters and it is breed into us to lose this way.

When Marsters missed the first goal from in front I friggin knew we'd go down by a point....

Totally agree.
Sitting on my Plush leather sofa i knew they were going to score inside 80 mins.
We couldnt finish them off and that said it all.
I mentioned on here earlier in the week Penrith would win and it would be a Nathan Cleary field goal or try to win it.
A REAL FEEL GOOD STORY.
Will play Broncos into form this Thursday and am just wondering where our usual 6-7 game losing streak will happen.

trevcogger

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/b884fbf83e231e96e6eef43208e8d701

Interesting aspect comment from Billy Slater

Former Melbourne superstar Billy Slater said Reynolds shouldn’t be dropped “off tonight’s performance” while also heaped praise on Mbye.

“He was probably the second best player on the field,” Slater said of Mbye.

“I thought he was terrific tonight. He came up with some big plays. He gets the defence in order really well. I was watching the game from a high angle and he organises the defence like few fullbacks in the competition.

“When he gets on the tryline, he’s got a great ability to know where the ball’s going.”

He did stop a rampaging Kikau near the line .
But im more concerned with his attack and running the ball back.
It shows how blessed we were to have someone like Teddy at the back...Big come down now.

trevcogger

Juniors
Well, I decided to watch the press conference on YouTube this morning and had to turn it off after the first minute. He sat there with a straight face and said he was happy with the performance and saw a lot of good in it. His only criticism in that first minute I saw was that he thought we became negative with the ball in the last part of the game.

Well fmd if he thinks that performance was acceptable he wants to start clearing out his desk right now. I’m fuming that this rubbish is deemed acceptable by the coach.

I watched the WHOLE press conference Front Rower on Friday night and from his 1st words you would have thought we won the game..
"I saw some Improvement"????????Surely he's kidding.
We were worse than against the dogs.
I thought his tough approach was going to be good for this club.
And he comes out with "we will learn from that" "we have improved in areas we needed too"
There were other comments but he has to realise there will be NEVER any improvement.
Superman could coach us and we would still be crap....No coach can improve us.
Madge will find that out sooner than later and i doubt he will still be at the club in 3 years.
Every member of that squad are experienced,no debutantes.
We are UNCOACHABLE.

Tigerm

First Grade
Andrew Johns said in the post match that our halves never touch the ball on tackles 3 & 4 in the opposition 20. As a halfback that’s when he wanted the ball. There’s one reason for that.
Maybe the coaches instructions?

The unknown

Juniors
Well that loss hurts....was out and looked at the scoreline on my phone in the 79th min when we were up 8-2 thinking you f**king beauty...only to look again 10 mins later remembering I support the tigers and we are the kings of losing the unlosable

Not sure if I want to watch the highlights

trevcogger

Juniors
I don't see that. Robbie was fine last night. Brooks wasn't that bad but he didn't step up and perform again.

The team clearly chocked and that is a coaching issue. We were in that game right up until we lost at the last possible moment and the sad thing is you knew it was going to happen.

Last 2 games Farah has been very quiet and it just seems as though hes been told just to shuffle the ball out to Brooks..
No darts for a try or grubbers.

Tigerm

First Grade
The last 5 coaches all gave the same instructions?
I don't know, did they.
I get you don't like the bloke but some of you let it cloud your judgement, he still is our best player, looking at the stats for the game he was credited with 46 tackle and is the linchpin to our attack. He is hardly to blame for the defeat.
Madge rates him, that's good enough for me.

Das Hassler

Bench
Manly...no one on the bench...Tommy gone ....completing at 40 something percent all over souths who are bumbling in every direction known to man.....go figure

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Not sure if I want to watch the highlights

It won't take you long....
He did stop a rampaging Kikau near the line .
But im more concerned with his attack and running the ball back.
It shows how blessed we were to have someone like Teddy at the back...Big come down now.

Seeing tedesco state flat out that he wanted to win games and premierships so he had to leave hurts, but is the truth. Careers are short. Too short to wait for us to get our shit together, sadly

Tiger Ted

Bench
It won't take you long....

Seeing tedesco state flat out that he wanted to win games and premierships so he had to leave hurts, but is the truth. Careers are short. Too short to wait for us to get our shit together, sadly
I will guarantee one thing we will never win a premiership with the spine we currently have & especially with Brooks at 7.

Actually we have buckleys of making the 8 due to the shit spine the lack of speed in backs & lack of a decent goalkicker.

By season end Madge will need to have seen a shrink.

Tigerm

First Grade
I will guarantee one thing we will never win a premiership with the spine we currently have & especially with Brooks at 7.

Actually we have buckleys of making the 8 due to the shit spine the lack of speed in backs & lack of a decent goalkicker.

So there is always next year huh:D:D:D
I still think we could make the 8 his year, its still early. The first penalty miss (in front) cost us the game, still don't know how a goal kicker can miss those ones.
Just pissed off Ivan the Terrible got one on us.:mad:

trevcogger

Juniors

We dont seem to have it to be consistent.
As ive said recently,we have no CLASS players.
All middle of the road and worse.
One pleasing stat is our defence.
No attack to score tries.Our tries are only coming thru kicks.
I have no confidence in Brooks period...Hes NOT progressing at all.
A pathetic goal kicker,but you can bet he will still be our goalkicker in round 5 .
Madge needs to buy what he needs after 2019...Weed out the rubbish once and for all.
This present squad has been together a few years now and no improvement

Tiger Ted

Bench
We dont seem to have it to be consistent.
As ive said recently,we have no CLASS players.
All middle of the road and worse.
One pleasing stat is our defence.
No attack to score tries.Our tries are only coming thru kicks.
I have no confidence in Brooks period...Hes NOT progressing at all.
A pathetic goal kicker,but you can bet he will still be our goalkicker in round 5 .
Madge needs to buy what he needs after 2019...Weed out the rubbish once and for all.
This present squad has been together a few years now and no improvement
Yep zero X Factor nobody to worry the opposition defence.No doubt our defence is robust as expected under Madge but we r impotent in attack.Also we have the dumbest defensive 3/4’s.Geez I’d luv to b marking up against our 3/4’s.

simmo05

Bench
I think it was much imprived from last week. Our middle held, they got 1 try in the last minute on the wing. The goal kicking hurt us, but masters isnt a goal kicker, and it is clearly affecting his confidence in other aspects of his game. Give the young bloke a break from it, there has to be someone else in the squad who can kick.

The reynolds knockers have been pretty bloody quiet, had a corker of a game

Latest posts