What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Dolphins @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 5: Dolphins v Wests Tigers

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
15 April 2018. That was the day when the Tigers last won their 3rd game on the trot. Just short of 6 years. To put that into perspective it will be 2,183 days as of game day tomorrow. Come on Tigers. Knock this shit on the head and erase it from our collective memories. Get this monkey off our backs.

In all seriousness there's been a fair bit of rain in Brisbane this week with plenty forecast for tomorrow. It will be very wet and the game is likely to be played in a downpour. The kicking game will be absolutely vital, as will our kick returns. Straight play will be paramount as will be completions. I can see us either winning or losing this game by either winning or holding the middle. I think if we can turn the turn the ball inside successfully from time to time, to Bula, this will help us go a long way. Of course, we'll have to stop them doing the same.

The off-load game we've been playing the last 2 weeks is unlikely to work in the conditions we're going to face. Keep it in tight. Protect the ball. Complete our sets, and kick long and find the grass. Chase like bastards in a line and tackle our guts out. Every now and again a fake out wide and change of direction up the guts should see us home.

Of course, that's easier said than done. Fire up lads!!!!!

Nutz

Bench
15 April 2018. That was the day when the Tigers last won their 3rd game on the trot. Just short of 6 years. To put that into perspective it will be 2,183 days as of game day tomorrow. Come on Tigers. Knock this shit on the head and erase it from our collective memories. Get this monkey off our backs.

In all seriousness there's been a fair bit of rain in Brisbane this week with plenty forecast for tomorrow. It will be very wet and the game is likely to be played in a downpour. The kicking game will be absolutely vital, as will our kick returns. Straight play will be paramount as will be completions. I can see us either winning or losing this game by either winning or holding the middle. I think if we can turn the turn the ball inside successfully from time to time, to Bula, this will help us go a long way. Of course, we'll have to stop them doing the same.

The off-load game we've been playing the last 2 weeks is unlikely to work in the conditions we're going to face. Keep it in tight. Protect the ball. Complete our sets, and kick long and find the grass. Chase like bastards in a line and tackle our guts out. Every now and again a fake out wide and change of direction up the guts should see us home.

Of course, that's easier said than done. Fire up lads!!!!!
Relax DOM, I'm going to the game and I won't let the Fins beat us... I'll think of something.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT tweeted
Benji Marshall and Jeremy Marshall-King will become the first brothers to clash as coach/player since Brian Smith and Tony Smith in 1991

Pezz70

Juniors
If we win on Saturday I’m pretty sure it’s the first three in a row since 2017, we’ve done two games in a row a few times but haven’t managed the third.

Nutz

Bench
Well it's been hissing pick handles up here in Brisbane so I think it's going to be wet weather footy tonight.
The tiges go well in the wet... remember our upset against the Panthers.
However it's going to be tough for me when I go streaking across the pitch with all that water.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Well it's been hissing pick handles up here in Brisbane so I think it's going to be wet weather footy tonight.
The tiges go well in the wet... remember our upset against the Panthers.
However it's going to be tough for me when I go streaking across the pitch with all that water.
The game in the wet against penrith was the only time the pathetic lemon Brooks excelled with his kicking game in a decade

Tigerm

First Grade
Hopefully we don’t forget to tape the wrists?

The Sheenius’s only master stroke decision of his failed comeback.

Tigerm

First Grade
Looking at the ladder, on current results, if we win by 6pts or more we will lead the comp. I think only the pennies could overtake us.
This will be our 3rd different halves pairing in our first 4 games.

Nutz

Bench
I'd love it if we flogged ol Bennett's team and led the comp.
I wonder if I should wear a mouth guard to the game tonight, can't be to careful.
I already stink of
methyl- salicylate :)

Tigerm

First Grade
I'd love it if we flogged ol Bennett's team and led the comp.
I wonder if I should wear a mouth guard to the game tonight, can't be to careful.
I already stink of
methyl- salicylate :)
I don’t drink alcohol anymore hahaha

Tigerm

First Grade
I've never heard of drinking Deep Heat or Dencorub before Tm :)
However I did play with a big boppa who put a smear of Vicks VaporRub on his tongue before playing.
Sorry mate, I thought it was a relative of methylated spirits and you were going back to the corroboree days hahaha

Latest posts