What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Parramatta @ CommBank Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macnaz

Staff member
I missed the game but had random score updates , i was thinking we will eventually succumb to the Weststigers curse like always. What a surprise to finally win against the odds and have a player in our team that can smash a clutch play when needed.
As good as it is to get a first win i think its 10 times better for team moral to get it against a side everyone is calling a premiership contender ...bigger still a boggy side and at their very own cumbank stadium .😀😀😀

stryker

First Grade
I missed the game but had random score updates , i was thinking we will eventually succumb to the Weststigers curse like always. What a surprise to finally win against the odds and have a player in our team that can smash a clutch play when needed.
As good as it is to get a first win i think its 10 times better for team moral to get it against a side everyone is calling a premiership contender ...bigger still a boggy side and at their very own cumbank stadium .😀😀😀
It was a terrific win and dare I say it...an 80 minute performance!

The Rosco

Bench
Roscoe, where are you?
Busy giving it to them in the game day thread.
How effin good was that ?
Great effort across the park. Everything that has been said, I agree with.
When Moses had the shot 18m out from in front . . . I honestly thought we were gone.
Thank God he is still, deep down, a choker.
The thing that made me wild is that the set he got that chance on, was on the back of JTJ getting blatantly held without the ball 10m out. If that was us, absolute guaranteed penalty, and probs a bin as well. Guaranteed.
Rhyno has been quiet. Well, quiet now, of course. You couldn't shut him up all week.
I'll say it again . . . happy 75th anniversary parra. What a great reward for your legends that attended the game. The lathering would have been rife all week " we'll send out Pricey and Sterlo, etc out as happy men after watching the eels put 50 on the WT"
Happy birthday muther fkkers.
Rhyno, my team is poor, and we know it.
Yours is an over-rated bunch of perennial chokers.
You lost to last place. That hadn't won a game all year. Put that on high rotation in your mind.

Lastly, when I saw chokin' Moses' head on the post game interview, I wondered what it'd look like with rhyno's tongue rimming his gob ? like a practice run for the real rimmin'
He'd have to fight it out with Wittyfan, of course.
Parramatta doesn't matter.

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
Such an awesome win, but where does this performance come from? It can't just be the positional changes. The whole team just looked slicker in attack and committed in defence. Hastings will (rightly) get a lot of the plaudits, but I thought Twal was our best today - he was imense.

We did a similar performance v Souths last year only to shit the bed the following week. I just hope the same won't happen again.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Really good win, I thought it was a high quality game. I didn’t think we had a bad player however if I had to signal one out it would be Mikaele, such a frustrating player, surely Seyfarth is in for him next week?

Despite me thinking it was simply a change in numbers the Hastings/Brooks swap was a master stroke, Brooks looked completely free and Jacko loved running the show.

Shattered for Jake Simpkin, that felt like his break out game today and seems to have done a pretty bad ankle injury.

Lauries best game this year by a mile and I gotta be honest I think Tamou and Robert’s were good and have been this year.

It was a bad miss on Brown (however he was let down by Mikaele being lazy inside) otherwise Musgrove was great and has been all year.

The guys played with an intensity and even confidence I haven’t seen for a couple of years. If we’d done that all year we’d be a minimum 3-3.

Need to back that up next week v Souths. They’ve been pretty average this year and if we dish that up again we’re a big shot. As tigers fans though we know what usually follows a great performance..

cerberus

Coach
Plus Parra couldn’t play any worse🤷🏼‍♂️
i was there at the 76 gf. where going to a parra school. i won every parra dickeds pocket money
for the next two weeks . i had ,after that. the best record collection in western sydney .
i was there at the 77 gf replay ,watching parra choke again .

parra hubris never gets old . so , so , so many lol's

Last edited:

Latest posts