What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Parramatta @ CommBank Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
I guess Jacko will go to 9 when Simpkin needs a spell?

Madden will then move to 7 and hopefully Brooks gets further away from being the match winner, that he just isn’t capable of unfortunately.

Can’t see a win in this one.

Just hope Gutho or Moses (or both) get snotted to take those stupid grins off there dials.

The Rosco

Bench
I hope Parra show us some mercy and lube up before they have their way with us
Good thought Jim.
Would it be better if they lubed, or they lubed us up just prior to the startment of the thrustin' ?
Either way, it's equal 2nd vs Stone motherless last.
rhyno, being rhyno, will be on here in a flash beating his Bondi chest about how his team whacked ours.
A bit like a grown man beating up a 12 yr old, then bragging about it.
Nothing, however, can save us from a flogging.
Oh well . . . .

The Predictor

Juniors
I think your tigers will do better than u think, I played for Wests juniors, back in mid 80’s and always had a soft spot for the maggies, not so much Balmain, though been a Parra season ticket holder, for longer than I care to remember

BrotherJim05

Bench
Good thought Jim.
Would it be better if they lubed, or they lubed us up just prior to the startment of the thrustin' ?
Either way, it's equal 2nd vs Stone motherless last.
rhyno, being rhyno, will be on here in a flash beating his Bondi chest about how his team whacked ours.
A bit like a grown man beating up a 12 yr old, then bragging about it.
Nothing, however, can save us from a flogging.
Oh well . . . .
Whatever makes it hurt less. I don't have much experience with hardcore anal penetration so maybe both just to be safe

Pezz70

Juniors
I don't give a f**k about winning. I just want to see Hastings call the shots for the next few games. If he can do a better job than Brooks then grant him the release he has been asking for and let Madden play 6 until Doeuihi is back.
Won’t happen till our forward get their metres up, they’re useless. Only Offa (the standout) and Leilua average over 100m per game. Tamou with his 10 runs a game is piss weak, then you’ve got Musgrove with 9 and Tuilagi with 7.

Ive been bagging the shit out of poor old Brooks but the Tigers forwards are pathetic. Only Offa and Leilua are putting in and the others are passengers.

2022 averages for Tigers pack;
Tamou 10 hit ups, 81m, 24 tackles
Musgrove 9 hit ups, 74m, 16 tackles
Leilua 12 hit ups 117m 27 tackles
Tuilagi 7 hit ups 69m 24 tackles
Offa 15 hit ups 117m 33 tackles

I’m too scared to look at fullback and wingers metres, which I feel are the foundation of any attack. But let’s compare them to panthers,
Nofo: 12 runs 105m
Laurie: 15 runs 109m
Maumolo: 14 runs 120m

May 19 runs 179m
Edwards: 22 runs 240m
Staines: 14 runs 134m

Tells a story, we are way off the pace, that back three has been a problem for us for years, the kick returns are pathetic and we are forever losing the battle of field position. You cannot get on top of you do not win that battle

Last edited:
Pretty poor stats our back 3. Thanks for that Pezz. What concerns me the most is that they're all averaging under 10 metres per run. The space that you get from a kick return should mean you're averaging more than 10.

Our forwards post contact metres would be interesting to see. I fear what it would show though.

WA Tiger

Bench
Naturally our backs numbers aren’t going to be outstanding, if there’s no platform set by the forwards. Those backs numbers are pretty good for a team that’s usually back peddling and has the bottom spot on the ladder. If the forwards numbers were where they should be the backs numbers could rival the better teams. Especially with a reasonable halves combo..Doesn’t it all start in the forwards tho

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Naturally our backs numbers aren’t going to be outstanding, if there’s no platform set by the forwards. Those backs numbers are pretty good for a team that’s usually back peddling and has the bottom spot on the ladder. If the forwards numbers were where they should be the backs numbers could rival the better teams. Especially with a reasonable halves combo..Doesn’t it all start in the forwards tho
Those backs stats are absolute rubbish, don’t forget more than half their touches would be kick returns, no disagreement re the forwards laying some sort of platform both with defence and attack though, when the opposition is always kicking in your 30 metre zone it does get tough for the back three

WA Tiger

Bench
Those backs stats are absolute rubbish, don’t forget more than half their touches would be kick returns, no disagreement re the forwards laying some sort of platform both with defence and attack though, when the opposition is always kicking in your 30 metre zone it does get tough for the back three
The point is getting walloped more times than not means our boys are defending a lot more in games, compared to the top teams. The momentum and ball is with the opposition more, so kick returns arnt going to suddenly give our backs opportunities for parity with the Penrith backs for running metres. Especially with our, as you’s mentioned previously, shallow disjointed attack and our halves that have no idea how to find gaps, throw missed passes etc to get the backs fired up, and finally with the forwards lacking the go forward for the backs to take advantage of, obviously. Our back numbers arnt bad considering that any one of those Penrith backs put in our back line would have their running metres cut in half..

Not saying Laurie and Maumalo arnt lazy (or at times maybe ill advised) merkins but I get the feeling that with some of the above mentioned in our favour, we have the backs to more than take advantage.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Nofo runs sideways = Zero kick return metres.
Nofo passing infield = Zero kick return metres.
These are free metres to grab , friggin take them.

WA Tiger

Bench
The point is getting walloped more times than not means our boys are defending a lot more in games, compared to the top teams. The momentum and ball is with the opposition more, so kick returns arnt going to suddenly give our backs opportunities for parity with the Penrith backs for running metres. Especially with our, as you’s mentioned previously, shallow disjointed attack and our halves that have no idea how to find gaps, throw missed passes etc to get the backs fired up, And of course with the forwards not having the go forward for the backs to take advantage of, obviously. Our back numbers arnt bad considering that any one of those Penrith backs put in our back line would have their running metres cut in half..

Not saying Laurie and Maumalo arnt lazy (or at times maybe ill advised) merkins but I get the feeling that with some of the above mentioned in our favour, we have the backs to more than take advantage.
Especially today with Toa included and if things click. At least maimalo can catch the high ball..I’ll be watching out though, for Roberts to tear Parra a new arse. They all know this is a big game and Madges last chance. Madge has been very supportive of Roberts lately so he may be looking to pay back. You can see Roberts is just dying to bust a move

Last edited: