What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Parramatta @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 7: Newcastle v Parramatta

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lack of accountability and nepotism

AOB spent all those years with Bellamy and didnt see importance of holding the players to account regardless of win or lose.

The players know they arent getting dropped any time soon, in fact they'll get re-signed or up-graded.

They're not stupid, if they see Kurt Mann and Hoy getting a gig what message does it send out?
To be fair, who does AOB drop them for?

Melb have good systems that have pumped out NRL standard players for years. There is very real pressure coming through from the lower grades. Nothing like that is happening at Newie

ryan.a87

Juniors
Maybe it’s a case of doing what tigers did and just reshuffling a bit

things like
Put ponga at 6
Have Simi start at 13 and Mann 14
Maybe Best could play 2nd row?
Maybe start Klemmer and Thompson and have both safs on the bench

I don’t know…just throwing ideas out there

Silent Knight

First Grade
South Korea is awesome by all accounts. I’d happily go there to check it out.

I haven’t been yet but my wife knowing I’m a burger lover (no I’m not fat I eat in moderation) shared an interesting video about Seoul going through something of a burger Renaissance. There is this take-away only joint that the locals will line up down the street for (I can’t remember the name). Everything, and I mean everything in their burgers is made from scratch, the beef patties, the buns, everything. And apparently their burgers are pure heaven. I’d go to Seoul and the fact I wouldn’t hear about the Knights is just an added bonus.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Off Topic a little but did anyone hear Kevin Sheedy claiming the AFL could be looking into Newcastle as the next potential
Licence along with Tassie? I get it is a long shot but the way this club is going it would not surprise me if this is the thinking. Knights lack of success makes this area a prime target for the AFL.
We all know with the draft setup success can come real quick in the AFL. If any attempt by the AFL does happen it will be very interesting to see what the NRL does In Response. I can’t see it but the AFL do like a good wind up of the NRL.

There may be more support for a Newcastle AFL team than you think. I used to do some boundary and goal umpiring for the Black Diamond local Aussie Rules comp (Newcastle and Central Coast) back when I was younger. For the final series they used to pack out the No. 1 sportsground, good crowds and good banter. The players from both teams would get together after the game during regular season and have a beer, and they’d invite us umpires to join them.

Few mesaages in the letter to the editor section about the game today in the Herald.. Hard to disagree.

SO much for the bulldust and hype from the Knights ('Parra-lysed', Newcastle Herald 25/4). Based on Sunday's performance they can't, won't, or don't know how to tackle. They run one-off all and concede possession because of stupid, schoolboy errors . If Ponga is worth $1 million, I reckon Gagai is worth $30 million.
If the coach is half fair dinkum I say we concede the rest of the season, put tackling and positional training on seven days a week, 24 hours a day and just maybe we will not be on the bottom of the table constantly. I bet Wayne Bennett was on his knees thanking the almighty for missing Ponga. In my whole life I have never seem such a miserable, lacklustre team who only deserve third grade junior status. I am embarrassed to say that I am a supporter.

Knights management, take a long hard look at this side. What is being dished up, week after week , is in my opinion at the very best pathetic and disgraceful. The members should get a refund as they are not getting value for their hard-earned dollar.

Dennis Crampton, Swansea​

EELS 39, Knights 2 ('Parra-lysed', Newcastle Herald 25/4). The Australian Army band at half time played really well.

Bill Slicer, Tighes Hill​

I WONDER whether Andrew Johns gave away his job at the Knights after the second round . It would appear so, as since then the points have dried up and they have no idea in attack or defence. I don't know what happened on Sunday against the Eels. Another wooden spoon could be coming our way again if there is not a big reversal in form.

Allen Small, East Maitland​

mozza91

Coach
That band was very good to be fair. Was my match day highlight along with a pretty good cheeseburger.

Yosh

Coach
I haven’t been yet but my wife knowing I’m a burger lover (no I’m not fat I eat in moderation) shared an interesting video about Seoul going through something of a burger Renaissance. There is this take-away only joint that the locals will line up down the street for (I can’t remember the name). Everything, and I mean everything in their burgers is made from scratch, the beef patties, the buns, everything. And apparently their burgers are pure heaven. I’d go to Seoul and the fact I wouldn’t hear about the Knights is just an added bonus.

Korea is always into new trends. Maybe 98% of those places will be gone in 3-5 years. But it is awesome having some real good burgers around now.