What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Parramatta @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 7: Newcastle v Parramatta

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
Rubbish effort aside there's definitely been a change in our attacking structure, it now looks the same as last year.
Just for reference, in round 1 Kurt Mann played as the link man, in 61 mins he had 43 receipts and 36 passes, today in 80 minutes he had 16 receipts and 11 passes. There's definitely been a delibrate raining in of the attack which is perplexing

We were just discussing this in the ‘Sack O’Brien’ thread.

Someone needs to clarify if John’s is in fact in charge of the attack from week to week. Because if he is, we need to go in a different direction.

If he isn’t, he needs to be screaming that fact from the rooftops.

We've got a lot of players who are just plain bad and the rest simply won't put in the effort required to be winners. Bunch of bad eggs really. Even a bad coach shouldn't cause players to fundamentally suck a huge bag. A sh*t boss might give you poor instruction but it never made me unprofessional.

There's no sense of pride or concern for personal reputation in this playing group. Ponga has proven and won nothing and got a huge deal for it. That sends a terrible message to the side imo.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Dylan Brown literally just said he was surprised how easily points were to come by
To be fair, the question asked was basically “were you surprised how easy it was to score?”.

The look on all the players faces at full time said it all. They looked lost and have no answer to what is going wrong.
It’s going to be a long season.

Jono078

Referee
Geez AOB has some grim messaging in this conference. He's not happy but he's talking about we need to figure out our why, why we play the game why we want to put our bodies on the line etc. It's hard to find those whys when you're not coached well. Every player needs to know their role and what style to play to really put in.

Ponga just said there was a lack of want and desire today.

Yosh

Coach
Out effort in defense is okay. Not defense, just the effort. Everything else about our play is horrendous.

I have been following the team from overseas for the past 12 years. It wasn't easy but I wanted to support the team even just that little bit. However, I might just cancel my streaming subscription because I just can't watch it anymore.

Jono078

Referee
Out effort in defense is okay. Not defense, just the effort. Everything else about our play is horrendous.

I have been following the team from overseas for the past 12 years. It wasn't easy but I wanted to support the team even just that little bit. However, I might just cancel my streaming subscription because I just can't watch it anymore.
Cancel it because you won't need it for the next 2 weeks. Then get the free trial with a new email to see if we can beat the Dogs. If we don't then yeah, forget about it for this year at least!

PhilGould

Bench
Don't think I've ever seen 0 players in an entire forward pack crack 100m. Impressive.

Clune & Randall are obviously not first graders, so won't go too hard on them, but Clifford was awful today. Way too much Luke Brooks in his game when the forwards aren't dominating.

slotmachine

First Grade
Don't think I've ever seen 0 players in an entire forward pack crack 100m. Impressive.

Clune & Randall are obviously not first graders, so won't go too hard on them, but Clifford was awful today. Way too much Luke Brooks in his game when the forwards aren't dominating.

Was always a concern at the cows, would have games we he was not sighted, or drifted in and out.

Also, can we admit that best isn't as good as advertised?

Old dog

Juniors
Not sure that Clifford is that good, needs everything around him going well, same can be said for about a dozen of the squad, lack of heart and effort

Old School

Juniors
Newcastle used to stand for something, not anymore just lay down, give up & repeat each week. The coach has lost the dressing room long ago & there is no leadership or direction from the front office, coach or on the field. All the money in the world that Wests provide has actually seen us go backward , the lack of leadership(real leadership) on the field is appalling, we haven't had this since Buderus retired, a genuine competitor to follow who doesn't turn it up when things go south. Just shows O`Briens stupidity & lack of logic in how this shit show is run. A hard head is needed to pull this mob into gear & tell them some home truths if nothing else. Watch the attitude after the game, the bullshit smiling & cuddling that goes on, they ought to be ashamed of themselves, everything about this mob is soft, happy to go through the motions & take the money each week, walk the streets with their heads in the clouds thinking they are Gods gift to us everyone, lucky to get a run with Windale 2nd Division if effort on the field counts. Sack the entire mob( CEO, coach & players) & start again. Gardener obviously knows how to make money, but not a whole lot about how to play or run a NRL team & O`Brien is exactly like Kearney was, good at following instructions from a head coach each week, but clueless at taking the lead & putting it all together & have the players buy in to what he is doing. His assistants except Joey & the conditioning staff are all Z graders who are no threat to his leadership but no use to him use either. I really hope the Wests board take a cold hard look at it & bring in some strait shooters that tell it like it is & can restore some pride in the jersey, that has gone missing for a while now! O`Brien is now a member of the same club as Stone & Brown, the out of B.S Excuses Club, he should be moved on!

Latest posts