What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Melbourne @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 8: Newcastle v Melbourne

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Melbourne Storm 1-12

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Melbourne Storm 30+

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Melbourne Storm 50+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aqua_duck

Coach
Not denying Crossland is a plodder but theres also an argument that his development has been completely mishandled by the club

Newie took one of the best outside back prospects in Sione Matuatia and totally destroyed his development too. He was an outside back that was moved so many times and eventually into the back row ffs. Guy should have been a career winger
our junior system has been broken for a long time, we let go guys like Cordner, Latrell, Jock Madden, Hudson Young, Tom starling, etc and keep around the guys that no one else is interested in. Its going to take more than a new coach to fix things, this club is so broken it needs to be rebuilt from the foundations

Alex28

Coach
I don’t think it’s necessarily the answer, but how many more weeks of that until AOB is sacked?

our junior system has been broken for a long time, we let go guys like Cordner, Latrell, Jock Madden, Hudson Young, Tom starling, etc and keep around the guys that no one else is interested in. Its going to take more than a new coach to fix things, this club is so broken it needs to be rebuilt from the foundations
Don't disagree with that mate

Also not convinced those players dont get absolutely ruined if we did hold onto them such is the poison touch of our junior development

aqua_duck

Coach
Don't disagree with that mate

Also not convinced those players dont get absolutely ruined if we did hold onto them such is the poison touch of our junior development
agreed, as i said we need to tear the thing down completely. Guys like Fitzy, Jones, Saulo, Hoy, etc might have been good players under different circumstances but they've spent too long in our system to be fixable

aqua_duck

Coach
Cordner is retired. Young was let go for off field stuff. Madden and starling are reserve/bench players for teams not much better than us.
If that's the best we've "let go" it's grim reading.
Its better than the guys we kept, thats the sad part.

Jono078

Referee
f**k I hate watching KP in the press conferences..
Very vanilla, for a guy who likes strawberry shakes.

Have a shot every time he repeats AOB about "working hard".

It's not even about working hard for our mob, work smart for once! Figure out your game and then the effort becomes much easier!

Jono078

Referee
The season is kinda done. Is it worth resting Clune, get him right, play Phythian with Clifford - or move Ponga to 6 - and try something different?
It's heading that way. I was honestly shocked to see Clifford hooked today. May be the first time AOB has hooked someone and I reckon we've seen far worse individual performances.

I think the Bulldogs game will be the the one to determine AOB's future and also what the team decides to try in regards to finishing this year whilst building for next.

K-Man

Bench
First time in over 30 years being a Knights fan that I made a conscious decision to stop watching the game after 20 minutes. I just couldn't take it anymore. And now that I check the score, I must say it does feel slightly better having not watched the misery unfold. Not sure there's ever been a more predictable thrashing than today.

Yosh

Coach
First time in over 30 years being a Knights fan that I made a conscious decision to stop watching the game after 20 minutes. I just couldn't take it anymore. And now that I check the score, I must say it does feel slightly better having not watched the misery unfold. Not sure there's ever been a more predictable thrashing than today.

Mate you missed out! The Storm played some scintillating footy!

slotmachine

First Grade
The season is kinda done. Is it worth resting Clune, get him right, play Phythian with Clifford - or move Ponga to 6 - and try something different?

Or the coach could just keep picking the same side that is losing every week I guess. From what he said in the presser it sounds like that's the plan.

I'd go

1. Hoy
6. Ponga
7. Clune
9. Mann

for something different. Might even score a try if they're lucky.

perverse

Referee
Last 5 weeks:
28 points for
158 points against.

18 of those points for came against the Dragons. Putrid stuff.

Mate you missed out! The Storm played some scintillating footy!
Did they, though? I thought they were below their best, to be honest. They scored 50 in second gear.

Latest posts