What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Melbourne @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 8: Newcastle v Melbourne

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Melbourne Storm 1-12

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Melbourne Storm 30+

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Melbourne Storm 50+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moloneymj

Juniors
I don’t think it’s necessarily the answer, but how many more weeks of that until AOB is sacked?
I certainly don’t think Ponga should be captain. I find him arrogant and not a leader of men. Knights need a leader on the paddock. To me he acts like a spoilt private school boy and is not the one to lead m3n.

aqua_duck

Coach
Last 5 weeks:
28 points for
158 points against.

18 of those points for came against the Dragons. Putrid stuff.

Did they, though? I thought they were below their best, to be honest. They scored 50 in second gear.
yep, same as Parra last week. I think we actually did Parra no favours with how little resistence we put up, this week they pretty much put in a similar performance to what they did last week and got beat by 30 because they looked shocked that the cowboys didn't just fold like a cheap deck chair like we did

Sir Galahad

Juniors
I think the Bulldogs game will be the the one to determine AOB's future and also what the team decides to try in regards to finishing this year whilst building for next.
AOB was only recently extended to the end 2024 and with the back to back finals apearances for the first time in 18 years I cant see Wests getting rid of him.

His assistants will fall on their swords though, and I'll be very surprised if we dont replace about 1/3 of squad for next year.

TooheysNew

Coach
AOB was only recently extended to the end 2024 and with the back to back finals apearances for the first time in 18 years I cant see Wests getting rid of him.

His assistants will fall on their swords though, and I'll be very surprised if we dont replace about 1/3 of squad for next year.
You live in dreamland.

Jono078

Referee

There's no chance he survives if the Cowboys put 50 on us and we then lose to the Dogs. That's as bad as it gets. If there's no response from the players what hope is there for him moving forward?

Old dog

Juniors
It appears that todays coaches have far to many assistants, the coach isn’t always the success or failure at a club

Jono078

Referee
It appears that todays coaches have far to many assistants, the coach isn’t always the success or failure at a club
Who selected these assistants? I think you'll find AOB did most of them. Buck stops with him.

Old dog

Juniors
Who selected these assistants? I think you'll find AOB did most of them. Buck stops with him.
Agreed but we have situations where we are unaware of the situation such as Joey was supposedly coaching assistant and everyone thought that up until round 3 he was working his magic which is no longer happening. Is Joey still an assistant if not why not, did Obi produce that form in early rounds and has now lost his magic.
In the end your right, Obi is where the buck stops so lack of success is his responsibility.

Latest posts