What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Melbourne @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 8: Newcastle v Melbourne

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Melbourne Storm 1-12

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Melbourne Storm 30+

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Melbourne Storm 50+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose Cannon

Bench
Clune can't ever play in first grade again. He's so scared to pass the ball. Double pumps every time because he's afraid of making an error and instead kills any attacking options.

Hooked the wrong player.
No.

Clune is average and busted, but he is trying. Clifford is cancer atm.

yes culture and coaching are clearly big issues but you cant look at a club with the likes of Clune, Randall, Crossland, Jones, Johns, Saulo, etc and say playing talent isn't an issue.
Sorry mate but I can. We are seeing the very worst of these guys and I'm convinced a good coach and culture can get better value out of them

2 of our rejects out played us today and they were both deemed "not first graders" by a lot of fans in here

It's absolutely clear to me that we are a club where talent and potential goes to die

Silent Knight

First Grade
Might grab the wife and kid, pack a nice hamper, lay out a nice rug and go frolicking with them amongst the daisies at my local park. All to the tune of Louis Armstrong’s…

Happy Bbc GIF by Jazz Memes

And when I get home I will steadfastly abstain from all social media and unplug the TV.

I suggest you all do the same.

julie andrews the hills are alive GIF

The hilllllsss are aaaalllliivveeee with the sound of not watching!!!

Hope all you folks that contributed to 300 posts in this game day thread are having a cracking Sunday!

You seen those videos of Darius Boyd "tackles" where he's found out deliberately avoiding contact, tackling thin air, tripping over ants etc?

They could make a video like that for Ponga already and he's not even halfway through his career. Both of those players played for us! Yay!!

aqua_duck

Coach
Sorry mate but I can. We are seeing the very worst of these guys and I'm convinced a good coach and culture can get better value out of them

2 of our rejects out played us today and they were both deemed "not first graders" by a lot of fans in here

It's absolutely clear to me that we are a club where talent and potential goes to die
so guys like Fitzy, Hoy, Saulo, Mann, Crossland, Randall, Johns, etc are so good that all wete off contract for a long time and literally had no suitors? Don't you think if it were purely a coaching issue other coaches might have been interested?
i think you're underselling how dire the situation is, we're not a fringe top 8 team, we're literally bottom of the ladder. How many of our squad have any elite level attributes? How many have even shown glimpses?

SamSepi0l

Juniors
This is one of the worst takes I've seen in a long time
What exactly does he bring to first grade.
He's not organising the side.
It isn't the kicking game because that's awful too.
It can't be a passing game because half of them miss the target.
Is it the getting caught on 4th on a 3m run running game? So we have no halfback on 5th?

TooheysNew

Coach
What exactly does he bring to first grade.
He's not organising the side.
It isn't the kicking game because that's awful too.
It can't be a passing game because half of them miss the target.
Is it the getting caught on 4th on a 3m run running game? So we have no halfback on 5th?
Is it playing injured because we have literally nobody else?

so guys like Fitzy, Hoy, Saulo, Mann, Crossland, Randall, Johns, etc are so good that all wete off contract for a long time and literally had no suitors? Don't you think if it were purely a coaching issue other coaches might have been interested?
i think you're underselling how dire the situation is, we're not a fringe top 8 team, we're literally bottom of the ladder. How many of our squad have any elite level attributes? How many have even shown glimpses?
Nearly all of them were part of the team that trounced the Roosters and Tigers and the 1st half of the Panthers game. They have ability

Noone wants them because at this club they are underperforming badly. Maybe some are reserve graders, who really knows but aside from Friz and Klem all of our guys are looking that way. Guys like DSaf and Lee who have played origin level are looking like bottom tier players. Anyone watching this team would reject them all

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Kinda glad we are on the bottom of the ladder. Exactly where we deserve to be.
Not denying he's injured.
That doesn't make him more talented. There's a reason we were able to get him so easily and so late in the off season.
He's a true reserve grader which is what he was initially bought as.

aqua_duck

Coach
Nearly all of them were part of the team that trounced the Roosters and Tigers and the 1st half of the Panthers game. They have ability

Noone wants them because at this club they are underperforming badly. Maybe some are reserve graders, who really knows but aside from Friz and Klem all of our guys are looking that way. Guys like DSaf and Lee who have played origin level are looking like bottom tier players. Anyone watching this team would reject them all
You're pointing to a tiny sample size as some sort of indicator. Roosters have shown they aren't the contenders they were built up to be and tigers actually outplayed us but had everything go against them. There is a difference between being poorly coached and a lack of actual ability, in the case of alot of our squad its both. Take Crossland for example, almost 30 games in the top grade and no one can actually tell what he's actually good at. This isn't an issue that can be fixed by just a change of coach, there needs to be a significant clean out

Not denying he's injured.
That doesn't make him more talented. There's a reason we were able to get him so easily and so late in the off season.
He's a true reserve grader which is what he was initially bought as.
We signed Clune before the offseason mate

You don't like him, we get it bit stick to facts ay

You're pointing to a tiny sample size as some sort of indicator. Roosters have shown they aren't the contenders they were built up to be and tigers actually outplayed us but had everything go against them. There is a difference between being poorly coached and a lack of actual ability, in the case of alot of our squad its both. Take Crossland for example, almost 30 games in the top grade and no one can actually tell what he's actually good at. This isn't an issue that can be fixed by just a change of coach, there needs to be a significant clean out
Not denying Crossland is a plodder but theres also an argument that his development has been completely mishandled by the club

Newie took one of the best outside back prospects in Sione Matuatia and totally destroyed his development too. He was an outside back that was moved so many times and eventually into the back row ffs. Guy should have been a career winger

Latest posts