What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Canterbury @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 9: Canterbury v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
The whole team haven’t come out for the second half
Mate they were stymied by shit refereeing, and the choice to put Latu Fainu it dummy half. Fainu’s service was too slow and it meant that Canterbury were in our faces the whole second half. Canterbury could’ve been penalised 100x for off side. Benji needs to cop a $30k fine to make sure she don’t get another NRL game

Pezz70

Juniors
I am not normally into red bashing but the red was atrocious that first half. Mystery six agains for every mistake they made.
At least we didn’t let it get to us and were committed for the whole half.

The attack needs some work though, apart from a couple of periods we were going sideways so slowly and getting smashed.

Still the game is there to take
Should call yourself Nostradamus mate it got to a few of the boys in the second half

Pezz70

Juniors
The fact that 5/6 ( I think it was) challenges were successful highlights the fact that Badger was way out of her depth. Need to stop the tokenism and have people in the middle that can keep up with the game. There’s a women’s league let them referee the women. That 5/6 of was only the tip of the iceberg with regard to errors she made. It did go both ways to an extent but she lost control and let the bulldogs defence get away with murder with regards to the 10 metres.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Should call yourself Nostradamus mate it got to a few of the boys in the second half
Yeah I am not surprised either. At the end I was hoping Bateman would give her a serve. You don’t often see a ref completely lose control of a game solely through so many poor decisions like today. And the bunker was just as incompetent and didn’t help either

And after a great first 40 it's back to normal service for a purely dumb and lacklustre 2nd 40. Aside from maybe Galvin there's really no one who could hold their head up after that pathetic effort. Just a lazy, soft, and above all else, dumb half of football. When you get the ball on your own line and you only make 30 to 40 metres with your set, and then put in a kick that barely goes 20 metres, you won't be winning anything except for the wooden spoon.

Casey Badger should, and needs to spend an extended period in reserve grade (or lower) before being given another opportunity in 1st grade, if at all. Her decision making is poor, and she can't keep up with the pace of the game. Aside from the 3 overturns we got there were plenty of other mistakes that we couldn't challenge because there was no break in play.

I will guarantee we will never win a game she refs again. She will be our new Ben Cummins.

Pezz70

Juniors
Agree, but I think he’s better than Latu in the 9 role, when we don’t have Api.
I thought Simpkin was great in the first half. When he came back on in the second we’d already lost our way. Very hard to recover from that. I felt sorry for Galvin at one point he went to dummy half and there was no one there for the carry. It was really poor. Today was the first time I saw Galvin lose his cool, that shit kick he put up he should’ve taken to the ground, but at least he was having a fair dinkum go. Bula was good in the first half but went missing again, when Curran scored he could’ve got to the ball but chose to watch Ailamailo run twice as far to try diffuse it.

Tigerm

First Grade
I thought Simpkin was great in the first half. When he came back on in the second we’d already lost our way.
Not disputing that, not Sure why they took Simpkin off, but I if it was a planned move, I would have had a 9 back up.

simmo1

First Grade
Incompetent referee aside, 22-14 is a pretty fair reflection of the game.

Api could have made the difference here. Not just for his skills, but his composure as captain. That last 20 minutes would have been tailor made for him.

Pezz70

Juniors
Both Benji and Bateman biting their tongues, they should’ve went to town on the ref, no matter how good her intentions she was proper terrible, it may not have meant the game but it was probably the worst all round refereeing performance I have seen in 45 years of watching footy. I’ve definitely seen poor refereeing decisions costs teams games over the years, with worse individual decisions, but as a whole of game performance I think this performance was very poor.

Benchtiger

Juniors
Casey Badger should never ref in the NRL again.Regardless the WT didn't come out in the second half but her incompetence favoured one team more than the other which helped the final result.