What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Canterbury @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 9: Canterbury v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wizardman

First Grade
I wish we would stop blaming the ref for our shitness.

I agree with all that the ref performance was not NRL quality.....she absolutely lost control of the contest and every player on that field (not just us) had no confidence in the ref at all. She was equally shit to both teams today and as bad as she was.....she did not cost us the win today. Im pretty happy that Benji did not roast her as an excuse for our loss. I thought we were f**ked more in a one-way traffic kind of way in the first half last week against the Broncos than by Kasey today.

That loss was on us and our embarrassing second half. Sezer looks like he needs a NSW Cup spell after today.

Tigerm

First Grade
Source Fox NRL stats
RM
Bula-182.................................Kiraz-162
Staines-127
S Fainu-94
TKL
Bateman-49..........................Mahoney-35
Simpkin-43
S Fainu-31
Runs
Bula-21..................................Kiraz-17
Aliamolo-14
Staines-14
PCM
Pole-43.................................Kiraz--62
S Fainu-40
Bula-39
KM
Sezer-347............................Burton-235
Galvin-128

Tigerm

First Grade
Source Fox NRL stats
RM
Bula-182.................................Kiraz-162
Staines-127
S Fainu-94
TKL
Bateman-49..........................Mahoney-35
Simpkin-43
S Fainu-31
Runs
Bula-21..................................Kiraz-17
Aliamolo-14
Staines-14
PCM
Pole-43.................................Kiraz--62
S Fainu-40
Bula-39
KM
Sezer-347............................Burton-235
Galvin-128
Some of the big guns, didn’t turn up again.
If Stef wants the big bucks, he has to produce big dollar games.
Pole, S Fainu, Galvin are our future.
Seyfarth, didn’t seem to get a lot of game time, but he’s certainly got some mongrel in him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
was anybody at the game? I’ve never, ever seen line speed like the dogs had in the second half. Maybe it was legit, and if so full credit to them, however I find it incredibly hard to believe that a team who’s been as shit as us over the last few years is suddenly an enormous Penrith like defensive unit.

for us I’m wondering if we’re fit? The last 3 weeks we’ve spread the ball well in the first 20mins and created chances. Then put it away and just tried 5 hit ups for the rest of the game. I couldn’t believe with 10 mins to go, down by 8 and we were trying nothing.

I didn’t think he was that bad yesterday, however I’d drop sezer and play Latu/Galvin in the halves. We aren’t making the finals so why not have a crack with the kids, they can’t do any worse

Perth Tiger

Bench
was anybody at the game? I’ve never, ever seen line speed like the dogs had in the second half. Maybe it was legit, and if so full credit to them, however I find it incredibly hard to believe that a team who’s been as shit as us over the last few years is suddenly an enormous Penrith like defensive unit.

for us I’m wondering if we’re fit? The last 3 weeks we’ve spread the ball well in the first 20mins and created chances. Then put it away and just tried 5 hit ups for the rest of the game. I couldn’t believe with 10 mins to go, down by 8 and we were trying nothing.

I didn’t think he was that bad yesterday, however I’d drop sezer and play Latu/Galvin in the halves. We aren’t making the finals so why not have a crack with the kids, they can’t do any worse
Well Sezer is looking at 4 weeks which is ridiculous. Typically making examples of our players while Tago and other get hit with the wet lettuce so we probably won’t have much choice

simmo1

First Grade

Sezer definitely seems slow to get a kick away. Always seems rushed by the defence.

He has been charged with a Grade 3 dangerous contact (hip drop) so will be suspended anyway. Only the third such charge all season with Galvin and Plath being the other two.

Tigerm

First Grade

No need to drop him now, he’s likely having a long stay off the field, we have no choice but to play Galvin and Latu, I believe.
One of them will be playing for a starting spot next season.

Perth Tiger

Bench
How does Sezer have three priors? Have I forgotten a couple of earlier charges because I thought they were supposed to reset after a year or two and he hasn’t been in the NRL since 2019

Pezz70

Juniors

Bulldogs line speed was cultivated by poor refereeing and shit service from dummy half. They were breaking as the ball touched the ground which technically means they’re offside, but given no one is predisposed with actually touching the ball with the foot anymore (which would have signified when you can move within 10 metres) it’s hard to argue the point. Fainu was ordinary at dummy half he was constantly having to set himself to pass the ball, that also gave them an advantage, if the dummy half is stepping out of dummy half to pass (which he was, you need the defence on the back foot). That’s no slight on Fainu, he is just inexperienced in that position, Benji should have noticed what was happening a lot earlier and bought Simpkin back earlier. Have a look at Simpkin in the first half, way better.

Pezz70

Juniors
It was a hip drop but it wasn’t a bad one. He had one leg in between Currans legs and one on the outside, he was basically sitting on the ground. There was no body weight at all on the back of Currans legs, to his credit Curran felt the pull from behind and went with it, Curran falling backwards made it look terrible. Probably should’ve been a binning, and a penalty but I think it is at best a grade one and we should fight the grading

Fordy20

Juniors
That loss was on us and our embarrassing second half. Sezer looks like he needs a NSW Cup spell after today.

There's one good that's come out of the loss. Sezer is out for four weeks, so now Benji is forced to play Fainu in the halves and carry an actual hooker on the bench. This means we won't have to put up with Fainu's terrible service from dummy half and Fainu can focus on his natural game. If he's good enough, he could make the jersey his own for the rest of the year.

WA Tiger

Bench
It was a hip drop but it wasn’t a bad one. He had one leg in between Currans legs and one on the outside, he was basically sitting on the ground. There was no body weight at all on the back of Currans legs, to his credit Curran felt the pull from behind and went with it, Curran falling backwards made it look terrible. Probably should’ve been a binning, and a penalty but I think it is at best a grade one and we should fight the grading
I only caught the last 15minutes but I had to see that tackle replayed. I thought it was diabolical. Seyfarth pulled Curran down like a rag doll. An inch or two here or there and it could have been very ugly. However : There was no injury and considering others who were let off for hip drops, 4 weeks is fkn ridiculous..I do like Seyfarth s mungrel but that and the headbutt, if u can call it that, was dumb.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
There's one good that's come out of the loss. Sezer is out for four weeks, so now Benji is forced to play Fainu in the halves and carry an actual hooker on the bench. This means we won't have to put up with Fainu's terrible service from dummy half and Fainu can focus on his natural game. If he's good enough, he could make the jersey his own for the rest of the year.
Let’s hope those Latu and Galvin can give each other a bit of confidence and can click having come up together

WA Tiger

Bench
When is the club going to say enough is enough? We are constantly bent over by the nrl, with barely a whimper from management. I would love to see them come out and just feed it to the nrl for once. The grading for that hip drop is farcical
When Benji knows his teams going better than below average. Otherwise he can’t say anything

Last edited:

Latest posts