What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Parramatta @ CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal

Who will win? Round 9: Parramatta v Newcastle

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meh, I don't even consider Ponga NRL standard anymore. Forget his salary... if you can't tackle and don't care, you're not worth a dollar let alone a million.

The problems run much deeper, sure, but Ponga is the biggest one all things considered. The highest paid player in the game is also one of the worst. That could only happen to the Newcastle Knights.

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah you're bang on, it was all there to see. I think you have to try 7. Hastings 6. Gamble 1. Ponga. Some might say Miller is hard done by in that exchange... but is he really? Play Croker or Elliott in the 13.
Go back to watching our highly paid fullback catch balls on his arse again? No thank you. Miller actually gets out sets off to good starts, and despite his handling errors is so much more involved than Ponga has ever been

perverse

Referee
Go back to watching our highly paid fullback catch balls on his arse again? No thank you. Miller actually gets out sets off to good starts, and despite his handling errors is so much more involved than Ponga has ever been
Yeah but most of his involvements have been shit for weeks now and getting worse. There's no winning options here. Whatever your preferred flavour of shit is, I think everyone agrees that Gamble has more than earned the 6 jersey.

It's pointless discussing it overall when no-one else wants to tackle either. You can't take much away from tonights game at all. We were completely dominated in every facet, and it starts with effort.

Avenger

Immortal
I didn't think we were that good, overall. The first half was excellent but we fell off in the second. You guys either have to put Ponga back at fullback or get rid of him.

Chin up though, you will never play that bad again.

perverse

Referee
I didn't think we were that good, overall. The first half was excellent but we fell off in the second. You guys either have to put Ponga back at fullback or get rid of him.

Chin up though, you will never play that bad again.
Appreciate the kind words mate, but we're likely to kickstart the byes season next week too.

mozza91

Coach
You try to find positives and stay there. And then they produce this.
The first 7 Rounds they gave us plenty to be positive about but have fallen off a cliff the last fortnight. Hopefully a week off will help them get back to what they were doing well before. It certainly will help guys like Crokes, Friz and D Saf who have been carrying injuries most of the season.

Apey

Staff member
Gamble needs to go back to 6. I know we didn't give ourselves much ball this week but we have definitely looked better with him there in attack, and while he's no defensive powerhouse, he is oodles better than Ponga in the line.

Honestly, I also just think he has a better attitude for the team right now. Shame he doesn't have Ponga's talent.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Better with Mann starting,
I would like to apologise to everyone for this statement.

I have now finished my 13th schooner, and yet only now am I accepting my failures earlier this evening, despite realising midway through my 2nd, which coincided with our first attacking set.

All I can offer in my defence, is that I was led to believe our options were scarce, and that my opinion was clouded by previous inadequacies. Whilst not endorsing the alternatives previously employed, I feel it necessary to take responsibility for my outlandish behaviour pre game.

Please accept my sincere apologies.