What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match discussion vs Manly

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think Morts' long term future is at the 7, but I still dont think he is ready for first grade, let alone being stable enough for being the number 1 play maker. I dont even think KK is ready to be the number 1 play maker in the side, but he is way more ready then Morts.

Cant drop either of them yet, Morts' development is too important to us now.

*Sigh* at least give Hayne credit for running 50-60 odd meters off the pass.

And throwing a nice pass at the end of the run. Not to mention the nice pass to Grothe.

Nevertheless, it has yet again turned into a HaHa wankathon when the situation in no way deserves it. Just go and look at the all the points awarded in the other thread - ridiculous. Wait for the papers today, too. They'll all be blowing their load whilst the likes of KK and FFMM will simply get a little mention at best and most likely only as part of general commentary regarding the progression of events in the second half.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
And throwing a nice pass at the end of the run. Not to mention the nice pass to Grothe.

Nevertheless, it has yet again turned into a HaHa wankathon when the situation in no way deserves it. Just go and look at the all the points awarded in the other thread - ridiculous. Wait for the papers today, too. They'll all be blowing their load whilst the likes of KK and FFMM will simply get a little mention at best and most likely only as part of general commentary regarding the progression of events in the second half.

As opposed to your Burt wankathon over the pass he threw to Hayne in the in goal.

The amazing try from Tahu wouldn't have even been close to happening if Burt didn't have the balls to throw that amazing pass.

*shrugs* It was a ballsy pass. The thing is that Burt tends to have the balls to throw those passes when many other players don't.

What I said is true - without that pass there would have been nothing. Drop out, Manly have the chance to score again. That pass started a play that changed the momentum of play. It can't be denied.

Suitman

Post Whore
*shrugs* It was a ballsy pass. The thing is that Burt tends to have the balls to throw those passes when many other players don't.

What I said is true - without that pass there would have been nothing. Drop out, Manly have the chance to score again. That pass started a play that changed the momentum of play. It can't be denied.

All credit for the pass. It was a great piece of thinking and execution from Burt.

But there ain't many players in the game that can take a pass on their own dead ball line, beat 5 players, avoid two other chasing defenders and have the presence of mind to throw a pass off the ground to a supporting player to set up a 110 metre try.

Stop being a dickhead.

Suity

mickdo

Coach
It was brilliant by all players involved. Burt for the pass, Hayne for the run, Morts for backing up, and T for also backing up and scooting down the sideline for the 4 pointer. Great stuff :clap:

We all know the media is going to focus on Hayne, but we know they were all crucial to the play.

fish eel

Immortal
All credit for the pass. It was a great piece of thinking and execution from Burt.

But there ain't many players in the game that can take a pass on their own dead ball line, beat 5 players, avoid two other chasing defenders and have the presence of mind to throw a pass off the ground to a supporting player to set up a 110 metre try.

Stop being a dickhead.

Suity

The thing about that run from Hayne, he did so well just to get out of the ingoal, let alone the rest.

If Hayne got caught ingoal, nobody would have mentioned Burts pass.

Bazal

Post Whore
I do feel for Manly...but they had plenty of calls go their way in the first half when they had all the momentum, and they had plenty of chances to, y'know, make a tackle in the lead up to the Reddy try. Shayne Hayne is a sh*t ref, he goes with the momentum and we copped it in the first half and they copped it in the second. sh*t happens, no point bitching about it. Some of the whinging is horrendous, it's like we stole lollies from a whole day care centre...

Bazal

Post Whore

Stop being a dickhead.

Suity

Hayne was fantastic, that pass of the ground was a brilliant piece of football....but in fairness, if that pass had been thrown 50 out and Hayne had run in for a try, we'd be talking about how Burty put him through a hole. That's what he did, in his in goal, with players in his face. It was just as fantastic a piece of play

Parra Steve

Juniors
The best bit about Reddy's try was when all the Manly players threw their hands up at the pass, Reddy was able to improve the position right under the posts :lol:

He can't.

I can't.

It was brilliant by all players involved. Burt for the pass, Hayne for the run, Morts for backing up, and T for also backing up and scooting down the sideline for the 4 pointer. Great stuff :clap:

We all know the media is going to focus on Hayne, but we know they were all crucial to the play.

bullsh*t. It was 100% HaHa. Even dare to think about the possibility that maybe there's the potential for someone else to even be considered for a minor piece of the credit and you deserve to be crucified.

Just watched a replay of the game
A couple of points.

1. How the hell was the first Sea Eagles try awarded? It was blatant obstruction and makes all those whinging Sea Eagle fans look like hypocrites. It was an almost identical play to a Cameron Smith the previous night in which the Knights got a penalty.

2. Our first half was atrocious. Thanks partly to us and partly to inconsistent refereeing. The drop balls, kicks out on the full, penalties were not helped by some dodgy calls that gave a leg up to the Sea Eagles.

3. We were defending most the first half. In fact, we did not have the ball in an attacking position from the first couple minutes to the last couple of minutes. We were lucky to be behind by only 14.

4. Our defense was okay. We just made a couple of bad reads ... yeah I am looking at you Tahu. Don't forget Manly had the ball for 61% of the first half, most of which was in our half.

5. Commentators were morons. They were wondering why we looked stuffed, at the end of the first half, while Manly looked fresh, considering we had more days rest than Manly ... ummm maybe because they had ALL the freaking ball in the first half. They also mentioned we were showing nothing in attack about the same time. FFS! That's because we had virtually no ball in the first half.

6. Once the tackle count evened out in the second half we looked much better ... but still rusty.

7. I noticed Poore was getting a lot of flak. I personally think this unwarranted. He was solid.

8. Kris Keating should get more playing time. I thought he was terrific. I really liked the look of him last year before he got injured and it seems he hasn't lost a step this year.

9. Reddy keeps impressing. His marking of Watmough was first class.

10. Should we be calling the Sea Eagles the Eels 'B' team from now?

11. FuiFui should start.

12. Hayne is a freak

13. Burt is a legend.

14. The halves were ordinary in attack, though you can't fault Robsons defense.

15. A win is a win and Manly ain't got one yet :lol: