What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match discussion vs Manly

bartman

Immortal
Mortimer hasn't shown me an ounce of what it takes to be #7, no matter what his uncle says in the press. Keating should be Robson's successor, not Mortimer.

fish eel

Immortal
Didnt Keating come through the grades playing in the 6?

I agree he'd go better than Mortimer in the 7, but its a bit of a concern that he'd still have a lot of learning to do.

We're just blessed we've got a bloke in the 1 jersey that can step up and throw halfback like passes for tries. This week to Grothe, last week to Burt

fish eel

Immortal
BTW.....what are the thoughts on Justin Poore? Maybe one week?

Havent seen a replay, but from my seat you could see his arm swinging......

Stagger eel

Staff member
My concern with Morts at 6 is he's being targeted by the more mobile backrowers running at him at 2 wide of the ruck, I see alot of value in him in a more directive role.

Gronk

Staff member

He might go if he has carry on points.

BTW he finally was bending the line in the last 30 mins.

guruminga

Juniors
You guys are all drama queens.

This game was never in doubt.

We just wanted to prove we were better than the Tigpies - so gave them a 20point start instead of 18 -->comeback would've started earlier except Manly was so horrible that they couldn't put up the required 20 points in the first half.

:D:lol::D:lol::cool:

I love it!!

mickdo

Coach
In hindsight they do but you would have been thinking the same things.
Obviously not some of the anxious tripe, but generally, the comments were spot on. We were crap.

Suity.

To be perfectly honest, at the game at half time I said to the people next to me that given how bad we were, and how many 50/50's etc did not go our way, that it was a miracle we weren't down by 30, and if we had a half decent go and got the 'rub of the green' in the second half then we could win it. I certainly wasn't bagging the players that much as I am used to us sucking big time in March. We all know what this team is capable of... something just needed to click... and it did. ;-)

bartman

Immortal

On report straight away. The big screen replay didn't look like it cast much doubt. One week, and a re-jig in our pack for Friday night.

My concern with Morts at 6 is he's being targeted by the more mobile backrowers running at him at 2 wide of the ruck, I see alot of value in him in a more directive role.
I'm seeing more value in him on the bench to be honest. I don't know how Robson, K Keating, M Keating and Mateo all get some time off the park and this guy plays (less than effectively) for the 80mins? Bench him DA, and let Tahu see some ball!

what a game of 2 halves that was. For me it really was as i watched the 1st half live and then had some work to do outside and recorded the 2nd half to watch later.
Of coarse i couldn't help myself and ducked inside for a drink and switched the telly on just as Tahu scored and watched the conversion to make 12-20 and still thought we were gone, came back about 30mins later and the game was over so jumped on the here while getting a drink (so i told the misses) and saw that we had won 24-20 and couldn't wait to watch the 2nd half but had to, til about 7pm.
At Halftime i was saying that Tahu should be playing at Wenty, Inu is a much better defender. But at fulltime I wouldn't change the side for next week.
I think Poore might get a week for that swinging arm so if he is out, start with Fui and bring Horo up to the bench. I thought Oake went ok with the limited time he had he looks a lot bigger than last year.
Hayne, Fui and Grothe were all brillant.
Morts had a off day but he'll be back.

Fathead

Bench
We were absolutely and utterly woeful..... end of story.
How the hell did this team get anywhere near the grand final last year????
Even though the tigers got beaten today we will have to improve 1000% to get anywhere near them on Friday night.

Fathead

Bench
I thought Oake went ok with the limited time he had he looks a lot bigger than last year.

You kidding ?? Oake adds nothing to the side and will be the first off loaded at the end of the year. I read today that he is 98kgs !! That must be a joke because he looks about 80kgs wringing wet!
He will be another Josh Cordoba - all potential and nothing else.

mickdo

Coach
You kidding ?? Oake adds nothing to the side and will be the first off loaded at the end of the year. I read today that he is 98kgs !! That must be a joke because he looks about 80kgs wringing wet!
He will be another Josh Cordoba - all potential and nothing else.

Yeah, I thought he dropped a lot of ball today, but did have a good run or two. Wasn't great.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
If Whatmong had hands this game would already be over, soft defence coupled with just dumb play. This looks like us from 2008, to be far Manly have played well but really they need a massive rocket from Ando.

Lol, have a re-read of the 2008 round 1 match day thread. Moffo at his best :D

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Haha.

He didn't turn crap. Fui and KK turned the game today and without them we wouldn't have done crap. The amazing try from Tahu wouldn't have even been close to happening if Burt didn't have the balls to throw that amazing pass.

*Sigh* at least give Hayne credit for running 50-60 odd meters off the pass.