What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match discussion vs Manly

mickdo

Coach
Glen Munsie on 2SM saying someone just put $40k on us to win the premiership at $6.50

Yikes

I can't.

bullsh*t. It was 100% HaHa. Even dare to think about the possibility that maybe there's the potential for someone else to even be considered for a minor piece of the credit and you deserve to be crucified.
to quote christopher titus: get down off the cross, take the wood, build a bridge and get over it ;-)

7. I noticed Poore was getting a lot of flak. I personally think this unwarranted. He was solid.

IMO, he played better in the first half, but, that doesnt cancel out his 1st half.

The week before, he gave away the first penalty, after giving Weyman a facial in the first set of six, after Saints made easy ground into our half. This week, (I think it was the first or second set) Poore is penalised for being inside the 10. That early in the game!!! Giving Moanly the first opportunity to camp on our line. Then he goes in with the cheapshot swinging arm, that not only gives away a penalty, but, gets him on report. (As mentioned during the game, Moanly could have taken a free interchange, but they didnt. Watmough was running injured at that point, and it surprised the commentators and me, that they didnt use the free interchange. They wouldnt have even had that option, had Poore not gone and done, what he did).

He carted the ball well in the second half, and didnt give away any penalties, so yeah, he played better in the second.

Easy penalties, means easy yards, and extra pressure on your team.

Parra Steve

Juniors
I thought poore was outstanding in the 2nd half. Made some good runs and looked to put some good hits on, i think he'll improve as the weeks go by and he adjusts to playing here.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
How much are we paying Tahu because he has offered very little in the first two rounds. I would personally have Inu ahead of him based on this years efforts.

PJ Marshal

Coach
tahu has been awesome in defence ffs

and well the way our attacks been is it any wonder his amazing talents havnt been seen, first real touch he scores

that was the problem for poor inu half the time, recived some of the worst ball ive seen. His form picked up at the back end of the year when we let the ball sing....surprise? I think not

he and tahu need clean ball to anything good they cant pull a rabbit out of their ass like hayne does all the time

lingard

Coach
Just watched a replay of the game
A couple of points.

1. How the hell was the first Sea Eagles try awarded? It was blatant obstruction and makes all those whinging Sea Eagle fans look like hypocrites. It was an almost identical play to a Cameron Smith the previous night in which the Knights got a penalty.

2. Our first half was atrocious. Thanks partly to us and partly to inconsistent refereeing. The drop balls, kicks out on the full, penalties were not helped by some dodgy calls that gave a leg up to the Sea Eagles.

3. We were defending most the first half. In fact, we did not have the ball in an attacking position from the first couple minutes to the last couple of minutes. We were lucky to be behind by only 14.

4. Our defense was okay. We just made a couple of bad reads ... yeah I am looking at you Tahu. Don't forget Manly had the ball for 61% of the first half, most of which was in our half.

5. Commentators were morons. They were wondering why we looked stuffed, at the end of the first half, while Manly looked fresh, considering we had more days rest than Manly ... ummm maybe because they had ALL the freaking ball in the first half. They also mentioned we were showing nothing in attack about the same time. FFS! That's because we had virtually no ball in the first half.

6. Once the tackle count evened out in the second half we looked much better ... but still rusty.

7. I noticed Poore was getting a lot of flak. I personally think this unwarranted. He was solid.

8. Kris Keating should get more playing time. I thought he was terrific. I really liked the look of him last year before he got injured and it seems he hasn't lost a step this year.

9. Reddy keeps impressing. His marking of Watmough was first class.

10. Should we be calling the Sea Eagles the Eels 'B' team from now?

11. FuiFui should start.

12. Hayne is a freak

13. Burt is a legend.

14. The halves were ordinary in attack, though you can't fault Robsons defense.

15. A win is a win and Manly ain't got one yet :lol:

Do you think points five and fourteen might in some way be related?
Also, everyone`s saying Kris Keating LOOKED GOOD. I don`t know what that means, but I didn`t really see him DO anything - except for a horrible forward pass that the referree miraculously let go.

lingard

Coach
Glen Munsie on 2SM saying someone just put $40k on us to win the premiership at $6.50

Yikes

If I was given $40,000 and told that I had to put it on an NRL team to win the comp, I would have no hesitation in putting it on Parramatta right now. We`ll be there, don`t worry.

parra pete

Referee
tahu has been awesome in defence ffs

and well the way our attacks been is it any wonder his amazing talents havnt been seen, first real touch he scores

that was the problem for poor inu half the time, recived some of the worst ball ive seen. His form picked up at the back end of the year when we let the ball sing....surprise? I think not

he and tahu need clean ball to anything good they cant pull a rabbit out of their ass like hayne does all the time

No, but maybe the could pull a hare out....:lol:

PJ Marshal

Coach
The hodgkinson try and the lyon one were bad defensive reads, the williams try cant fault tahu there, i think mortimer was more at fault there...shame that they did lead to tries but overall his defence has been very solid in the first two rounds. Hits with agression , much harder that the amjority of our forward pack. Id be hardly calling for him to pull his finger out.

Bazal

Post Whore
Tahu has had three games back from rugby union, where in two years he probably made seven tackles and touched the ball 15 times. He's doing well

IFR33K

Coach
Tahu has had three games back from rugby union, where in two years he probably made seven tackles and touched the ball 15 times. He's doing well

I wasnt having a go at him, but someone was saying hes been excellent.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Burt may be out for 3 weeks. Shows how crucial he was on sunday for us, had he not stayed out there we may not have won.