What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match discussion vs Manly

Suitman

Post Whore
Man the first few pages of this thread make for hilarious reading :lol:

In hindsight they do but you would have been thinking the same things.
Obviously not some of the anxious tripe, but generally, the comments were spot on. We were crap.

Suity.

Snoochies

First Grade
Man the first few pages of this thread make for hilarious reading :lol:

haha, very true, I just logged on after watching the game on tape delay and the contrast between the start of this thread and the end is unbelievable.

One thing I have noticed for quite awhile. It's been a very long time since I have watched Parra play and actually watched them completely dominate a team when there is no sudden death or any comeback to think of.

Meaning.......

Last years run, every game was a must win game which gave the boys extra motivation to go out and win. Todays game, we full behind, so extra motivation to comeback and win.

I would like for once to see Parra win and win comfortably without the game having to be a must win game or a come from behind win. Would be great to sit back one day and watch Parra just completely dominate a team for the simple fact we really are that good.

funny that i thought the turning point was the 2 forward passes which led to the joel reddy try.
fine take that try off us, now where's the sendoff for a professional foul by manly players repeatedly interfering in the play the ball when the eels were on their line? :evil:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
haha, very true, I just logged on after watching the game on tape delay and the contrast between the start of this thread and the end is unbelievable.

One thing I have noticed for quite awhile. It's been a very long time since I have watched Parra play and actually watched them completely dominate a team when there is no sudden death or any comeback to think of.

Meaning.......

Last years run, every game was a must win game which gave the boys extra motivation to go out and win. Todays game, we full behind, so extra motivation to comeback and win.

I would like for once to see Parra win and win comfortably without the game having to be a must win game or a come from behind win. Would be great to sit back one day and watch Parra just completely dominate a team for the simple fact we really are that good.

Your dream may finally come true this Friday night against the Tigers...

parra pete

Referee
Not dead yet....almost, but not there yet...still got a couple more seasons in me yet.
This is my 50th year ( 1960-2010) of being a fan..(not a supporter according to BAE)

bartman

Immortal
In hindsight they do but you would have been thinking the same things.
Obviously not some of the anxious tripe, but generally, the comments were spot on. We were crap.

Suity.
True. Despite the result, and the excitement and skill on display in the final 20 mins to get that result, we were utter crap for the first 50 mins or so today.

Worst 50mins I've seen the side put in for a long time... although maybe I have blocked out previous efforts from memory? I just hope they don't get carried away with this win, because, on balance, we didn't really deserve it imo.

fish eel

Immortal
DA is smart enough not to let things get carried away based on 20 minutes.

At this stage of the year, 2 points is 2 points.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
True. Despite the result, and the excitement and skill on display in the final 20 mins to get that result, we were utter crap for the first 50 mins or so today.

Worst 50mins I've seen the side put in for a long time... although maybe I have blocked out previous efforts from memory? I just hope they don't get carried away with this win, because, on balance, we didn't really deserve it imo.
Thats the way i feel, happy we won but hopefully DA tells them that was not good enough. Pleased we were able to come back after looking dead and buried.

Snoochies

First Grade

This game reminds me of round 1 2008 against the Bulldogs where I think we had to chase down 22 or 24 points after half time to win the game, although to give Manly credit, they were nowhere near full strength today and had they have been, might have been a disaster for us.

Meaning.......

how about round 25 last year when we blitzed the panthers 48-6? there were a few more blowouts during our run to the finals as well

Snoochies

First Grade
how about round 25 last year when we blitzed the panthers 48-6? there were a few more blowouts during our run to the finals as well

I understand that, but from memory that was yet another game we MUSt win. I think the game against the dragons in the last round last year was the first game we didn't need to win to make the finals.

I guess what I'm saying is that it seems the Eels have been winning when they have had to chase down a lead or are playing do or die football in which against the Panthers was another do or die game to make the finals.

What I would love to see is just for Parra to completely dominate a team without there having to be a must win situation or a come from behind win.

I agree, Parra have blown teams off the park though and can do it, just want to see it happen without the sudden death type feel.

Just my own little grievance.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Krippy definitely has to start, he is too valuble to have him sitting down on a bench twiddling his thumbs.

6 Krippy
7 Morts

14 Robo ( to come on for Matty)

Kornstar

Coach
Krippy definitely has to start, he is too valuble to have him sitting down on a bench twiddling his thumbs.

6 Krippy
7 Morts

14 Robo ( to come on for Matty)

I think the other way around

6 Morts
7 Keating

I think KK looks more comfortable leading tbh