What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo in secret talks with the Dogs.

WA Eel

Juniors
I think if Feleti walks out, it will be with a $50k pay cut. Parra would be mad to not only let him leave, but then to top up his Bulldogs's salary to make sure he's not out of pocket.

strider

Post Whore
So he liked losing then?
Doesn't he want to stay and be a winner?
He's only depressed cause he is injured.

maybe he likes the more laid back approach

Well grapeape is obviously mates with Mateo as a few of his posts have been around scoops with Mateo.

grapeape quite clearly hates DA and if he is mates with Mateo then it is obvious that he is having information relayed from Mateo who it would seem doesn't like DA.
true

Parraren

Bench
Sounds like a tiny bit of truth mixed in with a large chunk of fantasy to sell some newspapers if you ask me...

Angry_eel

First Grade
Money talks. He won't leave. He'd be an idiot to leave with a 50K paycut. As if we'd pay him out. Finch was different case.

pauljc26

Juniors
I am tired of players just wanting out of there contracts and we always seem to release them
but i do agree with others here, that if he doesn't want to be at Parra
then all i can say i so long
when is the official period the clubs can talk to players start and end ?
yeah i know for clubs like Bulldogs that period don't mean crap

ROGUE

Juniors
Just farkin great i knew the high from the tt signing would somehow bring me back to earth with a thump.I will be deadset spewing about this if it comes to fruition, a player of his ilk comes around once a generation.Ozzy do something mate

Glenn

First Grade
"The Bulldogs seem to be having a little bit of trouble in obviously developing their own juniors so they're eyeing off some of ours, ''

Nice quote Ozzy :lol:

FWIW If his heart doesn't want to be at Parramatta, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Snoochies

First Grade
"What a great idea. We pay the Bulldogs to take Feleti Mateo. I like Todd Greenberg, he's a great bloke, but I certainly look forward to having that conversation with him.'':lol:

He says the right things.

IFR33K

Coach
I said in one of the other threads, that DA cant come and get rid of unwanted players, WITHOUT causing a stir amongst players.

Hopefully this will be sorted out, and we don't have a player revolt, ALA warriors.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well in the INU thread he said DA was a shock to his system as he had never had a tough coach before. Mateo maybe is in the same boat. If that is the case he should toughen up a bit, he is a great talent but if he wants to sook the moment it gets a bit tough he maybe better of somewhere else. In saying that i hope he stays with the side we are putting together he would run amok.

caylo

Bench
After reading the article it said to me that someone is intrested at the dogs and approached Mateo probably organised by someone like Dymock rather than Mateo (it was at the albion prob on a friday or saturday night, i doubt Mateo is organising contract meetings then).

Inu did say in a different article that some people had struggled to fit into Anderson coaching style but they are winning and as soon as Mateo is back into the squad training (which was last week) I'd imagine those problems would be quickly forgotten with in a happier enviroment

btaag

Juniors
boo hoo - :( Anderson shouts at Mateo and he how wants to go and join his father-figure mate Jimmy Dymock at the Dogs.

Sounds like a Jaime Lyon / Noel Cleal situation to me (though Mateo is not a moron like Lyon).

He is a great talent and will probably carve it up at the Dogs, but he is erratic, makes errors, and ultimately, if he does not want to be here, let him go and get some other pieces to the puzzle that will make us better. We have enough playmakers, and are not struggling at the moment with a c list halfback (with all respect to Robson).

Resign Mortimer and Keating to long term deals and sign a defensive, Ray Price style lock to replace Mateo.

Parraletic

Juniors
Sounds like Mateo is having a sook cause DA is a bit hard on him. Well, toughen up princess! Inu has, & hopefully once he starts playing again with a winning side that now understands there style of play that he will be happy again. Anyway, if he really doesn't wanna be with us, i'm sure Ossie will sort something out & will sign someone even better to replace him.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if he is under contract to us for next year, how can anyone else approach him legally before November ?