What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo in secret talks with the Dogs.

Gaffman

Juniors
i think alot of us don't stop to realise that this isn't just footy for these guys - its their livelyhood

sterlo said on the footyshow last week that the biggest shock for him when he retired from playing was the realisation that sooooo much of his working life was still ahead of him - he did ok after footy cos he is a start guy and a good talker - most footy players don't have that to help em out

i could never blame a footy player for taking the best offer he gets money-wise

Cool so given that dogs are offering less than us, we shouldn't have a problem holding onto Mateo :)

Remember last season when Mateo was the only thing worth watching when the eels played, his name was being tossed about in NSW Rep talks... I think letting this guy go now would be a massive blow. We all know his skill in offloading the ball, and with Hayne on fire they could wreak havoc up the middle, if not this year then certainly next season.

Oh and f**k off dogs, find your own talent, or buy some off manly.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Oh and f**k off dogs, find your own talent, or buy some off manly.

so much for their "bred not bought" bullsh*t

perhaps thats how they improved their culture as being Canterbury bred isn't something to be proud of

Gaffman

Juniors
so much for their "bred not bought" bullsh*t

Well who's silly enough to attribute their turnaround this year to big performances from their "bred" players? Not that i begrudge them for buying very astutely in the offseason, they had no other choice.

But when they come after OUR blokes... GRRRRRR...

Anyone think these "talks" are just a way of the dogs trying to get some payback on the whole Mortimer thing?

Sparky 74

Juniors
Source: James Hooper - Sunday Telegraph - link not available at this stage.

The Sunday Tele understands that Mateo has been having secret talks with the dogs about walking away from the last year of his contract, Osbourne is appaerently not very happy with the situation and will be talking to Greenberg about it, the bizaar twist to this rumour is that the dogs have offered 225K and Mateo is currently on 275K and want the eels to release Mateo and fork out 50K :lol::lol:... Greenberg is apperenetly unaware of the secret meetings.

Mateo apparently wants out because he doesn't get along with DA.

They've also been linked to INU and KK...

I really hope nothing comes of all this but it appears that the events of 1995 and 4 Canterbury players coming over may come back and haunt us big time...

interesting times.

Sparky 74

Juniors
OK Doggies if it war you want war you get ,Ozszie & Co should go after their from players & talk to them if its good for them its good for parra,

Bulldogs just f=== off

oldmancraigy

Coach
You know what the GOOD thing to come out of all this might be?

If the Dogs are (reportedly) offering Mateo 225K - then that's less than the 275K he's currently on. It might mean that if he does end up staying, it might be for his current salary - or perhaps even less.

SDM

First Grade
OK Doggies if it war you want war you get ,Ozszie & Co should go after their from players & talk to them if its good for them its good for parra,

Bulldogs just f=== off

When is Hannant off contact? Lets start a rumour.:D

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
One thing I found disappointing was that at the sharks game I saw Mateo hanging out with friends on the hill pre game and during halftime. Not sure if it is common practice for injured players to do this but I would have thought at least at halftime he would be in the sheds with the boys.

After hearing all of this it was something that really pissed me off.

Avenger

Immortal
Anderson publicly gave massive praise to Mateo when he was playing early this year. So how can he be on the outer with Anderson if he hasn't played since then ?

grapeape

Juniors
One thing I found disappointing was that at the sharks game I saw Mateo hanging out with friends on the hill pre game and during halftime. Not sure if it is common practice for injured players to do this but I would have thought at least at halftime he would be in the sheds with the boys.

After hearing all of this it was something that really pissed me off.

are u on crack?

there players are together 24X7. If u see them separated u think thats a problem.

pedge

Juniors
i havnt read through this thread, so dont know what has been said....
but i have seen mateo out with tautai and a couple of other guys who look like footy players (although i dont recognise them) a few times in recent months. is it fair to say that with some of these guys getting pushed out, its what mateo has become upset about? mayb he has some good mates at the dogs...

if thats the case, then he needs a can of harder the f$%k up...we cant all enjoy the companies of our closest friends in our workplace!!!

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
are u on crack?

there players are together 24X7. If u see them separated u think thats a problem.

After having his name in the paper linked to another club you think he would take it upon himself to show he is loyal to our club. Not all of the fans are great friends with Mateo and know what his true intentions are we can only go by what we hear and what we see.

Parra Steve

Juniors
If he was in secret talks why would they have a talk in public for and especially in Parramatta itself. Seems if Mateo would want out he'd keep it more of a secret.

born an eel

Bench
If Mateo wants to go I wouldn't release him. Instead I'd tell him that he's contracted to us for next year and that he will see out that contract and not be offered an extension.

I'd tell him that that's the end of it, walk away and not mention it again.
I agree except that I wouldn't rule out signing him after his contract expires but would put him on a low priority.

planeteels

Juniors
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA we got Pay Dymock Smith and Crackers.. They could buy 10 mateo's and still wouldn't equal the quality we have taken from the scumdogs

So Lets see if I got this right.

Week 1, Dymock goes to Albion to see a mate, sees Feleti with his mates. Conversation is something along the lines of , Hi Jim, Hi Phil, hows things, Not bad. Gotta go, talk soon.

Week 2, Dymock goes to Albion, sees another mate or a Bulldogs star that lives in the area, sees Feleti walking with a few girls, Conversation is something along the lines of , Hi Jim, Hi Phil, hows things, Not bad. Gotta go, talk soon.

Week 3, Dymock goes to Albion, sees Feleti. Conversation is something along the lines of , Hi Jim, Hi Phil, love to have you at the Dogs, How much you willing to pay, 225K, Ha I am on 270K, Gotta go, talk soon.

Oh Look a mountain. . . .no just a molehill.

Latest posts