What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Bowen is underrated

fourplay

Juniors
He makes about 5 clean line breaks a game, scores tries all over the field and sets them up... He saves tries and is one of the best defensive full backs in the game. See how he played Colin Best a couple weeks ago ?

Yet people still say players like Stewart/McKinnon are better than him ? I think the only way people can say that is if they don't watch many cowboys games.. because no fullback has come close to him this year.

If he is not the Australian fullback then they obviously not even considering form. He deserves the title of the worlds best full back... there is not a player who has even come close to his form at club level this year.

Sugar

Bench
Just because selectors seem to shun him does not mean he is not rated.
Fans,coaches and players seem to rate him highly

beads6

First Grade
If he could replicate his club form in State of Origin or test matches he would be the best fullback in the game. It is a pity that this will never happen Bowen is one of the most exciting players in the NRL.

mongoose

Coach
Bowen is a freak. Hunt, Mckinnon, Stewart, Patten, Slater are all very good but Bowen is something else imo.

Charlie124

First Grade
I think he's rated about right. deadset why does every f**king playing in the NRL have to be overrated or underrated?? Obviously there are some that are but not everyone.

Shorty

Staff member
Hmmm no he's not underrated at all,however rep selectors would rather others.

fourplay

Juniors
He is underrated because.. while people admit he is good... they dont admit he is the best fullback in the game when he is far and away the worlds best full back.

He has hardly been given a fair go at origin.. and when he has had a shot he has starred.. who else could intercept that brett kimmorley pass to win the series for QLD...

Shorty

Staff member
Well because fourplay there's not really anyone to compare Bowen to,he is very unique and you can't really pinpoint his type.

Bowen has confidence issues,and he's able to do amazing things when we're down with minutes to go however I think people expect him to do that all the time.
He is spontaneous,but that doesn't mean he's able to do these things in every game.

effnic

Bench
fourplay said:
Yet people still say players like Stewart/McKinnon are better than him ? I think the only way people can say that is if they don't watch many cowboys games.. because no fullback has come close to him this year.

I rate McKinnon and stewart over him for the fact that when Thurston is injured Bowen is nothing and goes missing. Stewart and McKinnon dont need another player to spark them they do it all on ther own.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
in every list of FBs going around i read Patten, but not Burt. Is this because of the injury? coz i honeslty would rather burt ahead of patten, stewart, mckinnon etc. But yeah bowen and slater are gods IMO.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
fourplay said:
He is underrated because.. 1) while people admit he is good... they dont admit he is the best fullback in the game when he is far and away the worlds best full back.

He has hardly been given a fair go at origin.. and when he has had a shot he has starred.. 2) who else could intercept that brett kimmorley pass to win the series for QLD...

1) That's a matter of opinion. Just because people may disagree with yours doesn't make them wrong.

2) Just about anybody, it was Kimmorley.

Shorty

Staff member
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
in every list of FBs going around i read Patten, but not Burt. Is this because of the injury? coz i honeslty would rather burt ahead of patten, stewart, mckinnon etc. But yeah bowen and slater are gods IMO.
Well I actually think Patten is a tad underrated,I often wonder what he'd be like at Origin level.

Latest posts