What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Duffie

The King7

Juniors
Heard lots about Matt Duffie from storm fans this year on this forum, apparently he's extremely talented and has impressed alot in the 20's.

Was wondering if I could get some more information on his strengths/weaknesses? And if he's planning to stay in Melbourne or what not. I know he's also a brilliant Aussie Rules player so is there a chance he might be tempted to switch codes? Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Noa

First Grade
Heard lots about Matt Duffie from storm fans this year on this forum, apparently he's extremely talented and has impressed alot in the 20's.

Was wondering if I could get some more information on his strengths/weaknesses? And if he's planning to stay in Melbourne or what not. I know he's also a brilliant Aussie Rules player so is there a chance he might be tempted to switch codes? Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Has no interest in AFL anymore according to an interview with him in the latest Big Leauge, says he only played it to keep fit in the Rugby off-season.

As far as I can tell he has settled into Melbourne very well. IMO will have first shot at Steve Turners wing spot next year.

Strengths - Massive leap (former NZ volley-ball rep), great height at 192cm, quick especailly for his size, just a great all-round athlete with genuine skills.

Weakness - Could do with more bulk, still new to game.

he is very talented IMO and i think he can bring success to our game. He has a bit of a similar game to Webster but he can defend better. He is quick and he even played on a busted leg the other week. IMO he will be a permanent starter for 2010, so i agree with you Noa!

The King7

Juniors
With Slater getting rested apparently this weekend, would Bellyache move Turner to fullback and Duffie on the wing or leave Turner on his wing and bring someone like Widdop or Josh Jerome into the picture?

MsStorm

Bench
With Slater getting rested apparently this weekend, would Bellyache move Turner to fullback and Duffie on the wing or leave Turner on his wing and bring someone like Widdop or Josh Jerome into the picture?

Where did you hear that? About Billy being rested this weekend?
I'd rather rest him for an away game tbh.

AILD

Bench
resting from training not the game.

duffie should replace any of the following: Nielson, Tomane and Chambers.

warriors4life

Juniors
went to high school with him over in nz, nz volleyball rep, was in the premier touch team, won the high jump and 200m finals in the auckland athletic champs, 1st XV fullback, great all round sportsman and guy really.

playing well for someone in his first year of league since he was about 12/13.

still loves the warriors too.

Noa

First Grade
Scored a great individual try last night from 50m out to win the game. Great speed for someone 192cm tall.

Should have sealed it not long after when he showed a massive leap (Roosters wingers head only got as high as his waist) but dropped the ball over the line.

Looking good for next year.

thats good news lol, i think we need to get back to basics and build a strong team around the core we have. no more buying players unless its neccesary

Noa

First Grade
Sam Joe is slow and has fitness issues.

I would think if everyone was fit the depth chart for the wingers for next year would be Quinn, Duffie, Nielsen, Isa then one of Joe, Josh Jerome or Justin O'Neill, though I wouldnt be suprised to see O'Neill move up with a big pre-season.

Latest posts